Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Title Game To Remain In McKinney, TX

Contribute to D2

Default National Title Game To Remain In McKinney, TX

Default Re: National Title Game To Remain In McKinney, TX

Well, at least I won't have a long commute to watch the Red Chickens lost in the natty... lol

(Sorry, I couldn't resist turning this into an IUP thread.)

All joking aside, I'm surprised they're staying in McKinney, especially when you have other decent facilities in North Texas, especially in Frisco. But, at least there's stability for the national title site, so there's that.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Well, at least I won't have a long commute to watch the Red Chickens lost in the natty... lol

All joking aside, I'm surprised they're staying in McKinney, especially when you have other decent facilities in North Texas, especially in Frisco. But, at least there's stability for the national title site, so there's that.

They deserved to keep the game for another year to give them a whole year to plan the event and see how they do. This year’s game worked with the short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    They deserved to keep the game for another year to give them a whole year to plan the event and see how they do. This year’s game worked with the short notice.
    Nice place to play a championship game. Chance of good weather the majority of the times.

Some people seem to dislike the idea of this game being played in a high school stadium. That high school stadium is nicer than 95% of college football stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Some people seem to dislike the idea of this game being played in a high school stadium. That high school stadium is nicer than 95% of college football stadiums.
    Yeah, really. Compare that to ANY facility in SR1. I'd say 95% of stadiums in SR1 are high school stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Don't count your Red Chickens before they hatch. Starting to think you wish you would have gone to IUP.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Don't count your Red Chickens before they hatch. Starting to think you wish you would have gone to IUP.

They all do.

Can you blame them?

Cool. Hope NCAA drops some coin on painting over the McKinney ISD midfield and endzone logos for the game next season

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Exactly. It would be the nicest stadium in Division II.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It’s a great venue for the game. Who cares if it’s a high school stadium. Plus, it eliminates the possibility of a DII team playing a NC game (as unlikely as it would be) on their home field, i.e. North Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that in TX, these huge stadiums that are built to service multiple high schools and middle schools have become very popular. Here in FL, we seem to still have the old fashioned method of every high school having their own small stadium (basic field/bleacher variety). Is the shared stadium craze catching on outside of TX? Or is this still primarily just a TX thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I know that in TX, these huge stadiums that are built to service multiple high schools and middle schools have become very popular. Here in FL, we seem to still have the old fashioned method of every high school having their own small stadium (basic field/bleacher variety). Is the shared stadium craze catching on outside of TX? Or is this still primarily just a TX thing?
    In Florida, you have county-wide school districts, so that might be a factor into the lack of shared stadiums.

Here in North Texas, in addition to McKinney ISD, Frisco ISD football teams (there are 10 within the district) play some of their home games at The Star arena/stadium, which is the headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. Oddly enough, all 10 Frisco ISD high schools are in the same classification (5A), but are split into separate districts (half are in 5A-I, the others in 5A-II; which is particularly odd since all eight high schools in the Garland ISD are in the same classification and same district).

The Lewisville ISD* (where I live) has separate stadiums for each of their five high schools. District-wide shared stadiums aren't as common up here as you'd think (I can't speak for the rest of the state).

The only school districts in Pennsylvania which I know of that has a shared stadium are Downingtown (D-Town East and West football play at the stadium located in Downingtown West) and the remaining Pittsburgh public high schools play their games at Cupples Stadium on East Carson Street in the city's South Side. Also, I think Philadelphia high schools have a stadium sharing set-up as well. For some reason, I seem to recall Central Bucks East playing some of their home games at CB West's stadium in Doylestown back in the day, but don't quote me on that.

* - Even though I live in Flower Mound, whose population is close to 80K, most students in the town are zoned to Lewisville ISD (Independent School District) while the western end of the town are zoned to Argyle ISD. Lewisville has a population of close to 100K, so, in theory, Flower Mound could split from Lewisville to form their own ISD if the residents chose to do so. Keep in mind that, unlike Pennsylvania, school districts in Texas do not conform to city boundaries, which is why you have some residents in the far north reaches of the City of Dallas zoned to Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD, or Dallas residents closer to the "Park Cities" (the enclave cities of Highland Park and University Park) zoned to Highland Park ISD. Speaking of Frisco, some students in the far western edge of the city are actually zoned to Lewisville ISD, as are parts of the city of Plano. Sorry for the long winded and somewhat off-topic explanation, but that's more for the benefit of those unfamiliar with how Texas school districts are set up.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Don't forget mighty Pittsburgh Central Catholic. I believe they still use multiple venues during the same season including Carnegie Mellon and the soccer stadium in Station Square.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Wait till our new stadium is finished!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Don't forget mighty Pittsburgh Central Catholic. I believe they still use multiple venues during the same season including Carnegie Mellon and the soccer stadium in Station Square.
    I believe they're now exclusively at Highmark Stadium (the soccer stadium you referenced). I still think that is an ideal location for Duquesne football.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    WHOA

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    That IS a pretty nice stadium being built! Do you know how many fans it may seat?

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    That IS a pretty nice stadium being built! Do you know how many fans it may seat?
    9,000. 12,000 with the knolls and SRO area.

Go to gobuffsgo.com. "athletics" tab. "facilities" tab. "Buffalo Stadium" tab. you can see all the renderings and a live cam on current construction.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    I just read the following via web site:

"The 8,500 stadium seats will be constructed in long arcs along the west and east sides with an estimated total capacity of 12,000 with overflow berm seating and standing room only space at the concourse level. The stadium will offer opportunities for future expansion of up to 14,000 permanent seats."

http://wtamu.edu/news/university-to-...o-stadium.aspx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast