HALF: Moorhead 29 UMD 26

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: 2019 Women's Central Region

End of three- Moorhead 43 UMD 37

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

FINAL: Moorhead 63 UMD 54

Some really really good games today. Well worth the price of admission.
    Props to Moorhead for getting the win, they had a really long day with flying in this morning.

Saturdays match ups

UCM vs SWOSU

FHSU VS Moorhead

Quote Originally Posted by TigerAlum View Post
    Some really really good games today. Well worth the price of admission.
    Props to Moorhead for getting the win, they had a really long day with flying in this morning.

Saturdays match ups

UCM vs SWOSU

FHSU VS Moorhead
    Congratulations to Moorhead women on getting last laugh this year against the dogs. Might as well shock the world in semifinals and extend the trip a little longer!

Waited until I got back to Emporia before I looked at this. That was a tough loss for the Lady Hornets. For those of you that only saw the final score, ESU ended the third quarter up by ten but only scored five points in the fourth quarter. Got a lot of decent looks and I really thought Lackey's three coming out of the timeout with under 17 seconds left was going to go and we were either going to OT. Over the string of going to six straight regional finals, the basketball gods are finally going to catch up with you I guess.
    Overall a decent season considering ESU lost the person that was supposed to be their starting point guard Tre'Zure Jobe in the first game of the year, played the whole year without Kyrstie Miller who couldn't get cleared to play in the first semester and decided to go ahead and graduate and get a job at the semester, and were in the first year with Coach Wynn. Most places would be thrilled with winning 22 games and going to the NCAA Tournament.

On a different note - the atmosphere in Gross during the Tiger game was amazing. Announced 3345 for the evening session was the biggest crowd listed among the eight regionals yesterday and it was loud.

7. Default Re: 2019 Women's Central Region

jennies lose on a three at the buzzer. Tough loss but a good game. Difference was free throws. SWOSU was 23-26 while the Jens were 9-15.

8. Default Re: 2019 Women's Central Region

Watched the end online. Tough way to lose. Well guarded 3 just a tough break. Really good year for UCM women.

Everything played at seed wise tomorrow night
    #1 FHSU vs #2 SWOSU

On a side note attendance was 3,725 for the regional semifinal session - very impressive and Moorehead less than 20 people there.
    SWOSU has traveled well.

I would expect over 5,000 tomorrow night as spring break is over.

Congratulations to Moorhead women on very good season...can at least say they played longer than any other nsic team (men or women) this year. Expect them to be very good next year as they only had one senior. Coach Nelson has a good program going and wins in the national tourney hopefully will help raise the bar a little more.

Everything played at seed wise tomorrow night
    #1 FHSU vs #2 SWOSU

On a side note attendance was 3,725 for the regional semifinal session - very impressive and Moorehead less than 20 people there.
    SWOSU has traveled well.

I would expect over 5,000 tomorrow night as spring break is over.
    I would be disappointed with less than 5,000, especially with how well SWOSU has travelled the first two games. I would wager this will be the best attended D2 regional game - men or women - this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    I would be disappointed with less than 5,000, especially with how well SWOSU has travelled the first two games. I would wager this will be the best attended D2 regional game - men or women - this year.
    I would definitely agree.
    I will be excited to see how it compares to others. Been interesting to think about if this was in Maryville where the men's regional is at, if that was the case basically every single FHSU game would be sold out for the entire year! Glad that we have a large facility like GMC. The average attendance of women's FHSU games ranks among the top portion of D1 women's games, very impressive.

I have been in the GMC when it has been right at 7,000 in attendance in 2006 when the FHSU men were ranked #1 and they played UNK who was a top 5 team that year as well. A pretty awesome environment for a D2 game.

As I type this it's 16-2 SWOSU?!? FHSU hasn't made a field goal and SWOSU is 5-7 from the field. Can't believe it will stay that way.

Half time in Hays and the Tigers have pulled within 45-42. FHSU closed half on 25-10 run and had it down to a point with under a minute left.
    Should be noted that Hailey Tucker did not play the last 3+ minutes with two fouls and the Tigers outscored the Bulldogs 11-4 in that time.
    Taylor Rolfs has only taken one shot so far.
    Crowd looks incredible.

Heavyweight fight and incredible atmosphere. Shame this isn't someplace later in the tournament rather than Round of 16, but such is regionalization.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornetfan View Post
    Half time in Hays and the Tigers have pulled within 45-42. FHSU closed half on 25-10 run and had it down to a point with under a minute left.
    Should be noted that Hailey Tucker did not play the last 3+ minutes with two fouls and the Tigers outscored the Bulldogs 11-4 in that time.
    Taylor Rolfs has only taken one shot so far.
    Crowd looks incredible.

Congrats to SWOSU. They had to defeat two previous national championship programs and the host school in front of over 5,000 fans in order to win the regional.
    Big time effort.

An incredible atmosphere. I would put up against anything D2 and a lot of D1 atmospheres tonight, especially in women's basketball.
    (Can't figure out how to add a picture from my computer otherwise I would upload a picture.)

SWOSU built an early lead and FHSU fought back hard to get it close, happened a couple times.

Hayden Priddy goes off and scores 32 - she hadn't played that well the last week or so.
    Last edited by TigerAlum; 03-18-2019 at 09:25 PM.

An incredible atmosphere. I would put up against anything D2 and a lot of D1 atmospheres tonight, especially in women's basketball.
    (Can't figure out how to add a picture from my computer otherwise I would upload a picture.)
    Looks like it!

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    Heavyweight fight and incredible atmosphere. Shame this isn't someplace later in the tournament rather than Round of 16, but such is regionalization.
    According to Massey, the top 4 D2 women's teams in the country played each other in the Sweet 16 yesterday. #1 Drury vs #4 Grand Valley St in the Midwest Region and #2 SW Oklahoma vs #3 Fort Hays in the Central Region.

FHSU has an outstanding basketball facility; very impressive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast