Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Region chat

Default Re: Central Region chat

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Justin Pitts proved that wrong.
    Agreed, but it can be tough to play 3 small guys together...

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Agreed, but it can be tough to play 3 small guys together...
    Don't think they will be on the floor much as a threesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Two are 6’ and the other 6’1” (which really means 5’10 and 5’11). Hope they have a few good bigs over the next three years to get a few rebounds if these guys ever miss a shot
    Standing next to them I'd say their heights are pretty accurate. Watch the NW game and you'll see one out jump about any 6'7-6'8 guys on the floor. It will be obvious which one I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Standing next to them I'd say their heights are pretty accurate. Watch the NW game and you'll see one out jump about any 6'7-6'8 guys on the floor. It will be obvious which one I'm talking about
    Yep +1 and his speed is just crazy!

5. Default Re: Central Region chat

Okay, some other questions for a visitor from Minnesota next weekend:
    --Looking at the map, it appears that 35W south to 136 into Maryville is the best route.
    --Fun drinking establishments
    --Fun late night drinking establishments
    --How late do the bars in town stay open
    --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
    --eating establishment recommendations
    So I appreciate all the answers to my other questions, but this was my most important one. We have plenty of booze(and other stuff) for our hotel, but we get awfully bored of ourselves after a couple of 13, 14 drinks. What are the establishments where they will need to throw us out the door at 1:00. Also what is the mode of public transportation in town, Taxi's, UBER, LYFT. Don't want to get a ticket and share a cell with Otis. :)

So I appreciate all the answers to my other questions, but this was my most important one. We have plenty of booze(and other stuff) for our hotel, but we get awfully bored of ourselves after a couple of 13, 14 drinks. What are the establishments where they will need to throw us out the door at 1:00. Also what is the mode of public transportation in town, Taxi's, UBER, LYFT. Don't want to get a ticket and share a cell with Otis. :)
    Burny's, Carson's, Titletown, Pub. Pick your poison. All 4 good and well respected. Plus you can easily walk to Burny's, Pub and Carson's to take in the local flavor. If you want to eat, drink and walk...A&G, Carson's, Simply Siam, Subway, Planet Sub, Happy Garden, 8 Point Grill.

My personals...
    1. To drink only: Burny's or Carson's
    2. To drink, eat, hang out: Carson's or Titletown. Planet Sub also sells beverages, but really don't consider them a place to go drink, eat and hang out.
    3. To eat then walk around and drink: Carson's, Simply Siam or A&G.
    Last edited by CatFan88; 03-13-2019 at 06:33 PM.

If you want to booze with the best, I know a place...

Join us on Saturday, March 16th for a pre-game event before the Central Region Tournament! 11 a.m. — 1 p.m. @ Carson’s Sports Grill in Maryville, MO. Men play @ 2:30 p.m. in Bearcat Arena. #GoWolves

Weather looks horrible for the Dakotas, are you guys going to be able to get out before or after the storm? Wishing all safe travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeman View Post
    Weather looks horrible for the Dakotas, are you guys going to be able to get out before or after the storm? Wishing all safe travels.
    Wolves are already in Omaha

The snow is in ND, western SD and NE. Southeast SD and eastern NE are under a flood watch from rain and melting snow. Should be safe travel for 3 NSIC teams. Snow gone yet in Maryville?

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    The snow is in ND, western SD and NE. Southeast SD and eastern NE are under a flood watch from rain and melting snow. Should be safe travel for 3 NSIC teams. Snow gone yet in Maryville?
    Then there are some of us right on that line which are getting both...

Carson's will close well before 1am. As for rides, good luck. Heard there was a single uber in Maryville at one point. There is a single taxi as well but it's hit or miss if it's even operating on any given night.

Titletown is walkable to where you are staying.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    Almost everything except for the snow plow piles are gone after today. Got into 60s today.

14. Default Re: Central Region chat

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    If you want to booze with the best, I know a place...

Join us on Saturday, March 16th for a pre-game event before the Central Region Tournament! 11 a.m. — 1 p.m. @ Carson’s Sports Grill in Maryville, MO. Men play @ 2:30 p.m. in Bearcat Arena. #GoWolves
    I intend on that being about my wake up time.:)

15. Default Re: Central Region chat

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    I know he is crazy athletic, but no chance he out jumps sean smith from St. Cloud. Unless smith decides he is disinterested, which can happen from time to time.

Meet up with a bunch of message board guys. I think that would be fun as can be.

All the NSIC guys must be on the road. Quite board today. The way the wind is blowing, they may make it without any gas in their tanks. :)

All the NSIC guys must be on the road. Quite board today. The way the wind is blowing, they may make it without any gas in their tanks. :)
    What would you like to talk about?

We ran across the SCSU team at Pizza Ranch tonight. Hope all the teams made it to the Ville without incident.

20. Default Re: Central Region chat

Well, the Bevo Francis award was narrowed down to 25 players and four of them are in the region.
    Gage Davis - SCSU
    Can Martin - Mo So
    and Hudgins and Witthus from NWMSU.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast