Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 429

Thread: Central Region chat

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    8,752
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    238543

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan88 View Post
    Personally, I prefer exiting I-35 onto Highway 2 at Leon, IA (exit 12) and taking Highway 2 west to Bedford, IA then going south on Highway 148 to Maryville. Highway 2 is much better highway than 136.
    Ditto that....and be sure and stop at the Jct Cafe’ in Bedford for homemade Strawberry shortcake, tenderloins, chili etc.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    47,030
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Ditto that....and be sure and stop at the Jct Cafe’ in Bedford for homemade Strawberry shortcake, tenderloins, chili etc.
    I always stop there on my way to or from Maryville.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Heard ONLY 1600 tix will be issued for NW for session 2. There will likely not be any gate sales. NW had approx 4500 fans at the game in KC Sat so this will be a serious issue. Too bad they can’t move game to the Civic Arena in St Joe. Any NW games would be sellouts there too.
    Well, when Northern hosts the next two years (State B basketball won't be a scheduling conflict) we will have a place for all who wish to attend. :)

  4. Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Well, when Northern hosts the next two years (State B basketball won't be a scheduling conflict) we will have a place for all who wish to attend. :)
    Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)

  5. Default Re: Central Region chat

    Interesting statement. Northwest returns everyone except Witthus and Starzel. I personally think the Bearcats will be back to hosting again next year. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    In case anyone was desperately searching for a hotel room, a few seconds ago I cancelled my reservation at Americas Best Value Inn in Maryville. Sigh..

  7. #47

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWMOBearcat23 View Post
    Interesting statement. Northwest returns everyone except Witthus and Starzel. I personally think the Bearcats will be back to hosting again next year. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Oh, I didn't realize next season was over already...man time goes fast

  8. #48

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)
    Always disrespected in Marshall....

    (checks returning roster, nevermind)

  9. #49

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Okay, some other questions for a visitor from Minnesota next weekend:
    --Looking at the map, it appears that 35W south to 136 into Maryville is the best route.
    --Fun drinking establishments
    --Fun late night drinking establishments
    Depends on what you are looking for. Carson's is the local sports bar. The Pub is generally the more laid back late night bar with more of the community rather than college students. A mixture of community members and students at Burny's. There's a couple other places in town. Title Town is a little hidden and is small but a number of locals go there. If you happen to make it to the championship game and are around Monday and Tuesday, A&G has a great happy hour from 3-6 and after 9 on weekdays but it's a restaurant more than bar
    --How late do the bars in town stay open
    1am
    --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
    I'm not seeing that. 45-50 on my weather app
    --eating establishment recommendations
    Carson's for sports bar burgers, greasy food, etc. A&G is a Greek restaurant but has everything on the menu (steaks, pasta, pizza, seafood, etc.). New BBQ joint in town I haven't tried called 8 Point Grill. Happy Garden for Chinese. William Coy's out at Mozingo about 10 minutes out of town. It's farm to table but I think they try a little to hard to be more upscale than they need to be. Hotel right there at Mozingo in same facility as well. If you're a golfer, it may not be warm enough for outside but they have simulators that are fairly realistic and can be rented by the hour for a reasonable price. Some good courses on there too. Good way to spend a couple hours hitting the little white ball and having a few drinks form the William Coy bar. El Nopal for Mexican. There's an Applebee's right by El Nopal and they are both right next to Holiday Inn and Red Roof Inn. Other typical chains- Pizza Hut, Pizza Ranch, fast food. Pagliai's is a local favorite for pizza but you either love it or hate it from what I hear from most people
    See bold

  10. #50

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
    Maybe these are your game picks by seed? Why did you leave out the 4/5 matchup?

  11. #51

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    NWMo by 30
    St. Cloud by 10
    Northern by 15
    Washburn by 5

    Should be a fun weekend for all involved! Wish I could be watching the stangs down there this weekend but best of luck to everyone involved!

  12. #52

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)
    This would likely be an advantage for all NSIC teams that make the field.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 03-11-2019 at 01:56 PM.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    Don't you know that for the next 3 years Augie will be the host and in a worst case scenario, it will be in Moorhead. :)
    Jump on board

  14. #54

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Heard ONLY 1600 tix will be issued for NW for session 2. There will likely not be any gate sales. NW had approx 4500 fans at the game in KC Sat so this will be a serious issue. Too bad they can’t move game to the Civic Arena in St Joe. Any NW games would be sellouts there too.
    Gross Memorial here in Hays will have plenty of room for any fans who want to watch the women's regional. I suspect large crowds again similar to a few years ago when we hosted, right at 5,000 attended the regional WOMEN'S final a few years ago. Average attendance for women's games here at FHSU is over 2,000. FHSU would have a sellout for every game if they played in Bearcat Arena.
    GMC has a capacity of just over 6,800.

  15. #55

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    I predict NW beats MSU 2-0.

    That's the score for a forfeited game that doesn't start...

  16. Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    I predict NW beats MSU 2-0.

    That's the score for a forfeited game that doesn't start...
    Not a bad idea. That would tie for the closest anyone has hung with Northwest this year. A moral victory of sorts. And Carlos could stay in the library.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    parkville, missourah
    Posts
    8,011
    Rep Power
    80261

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    can’t recommend mozingo golf course enough. really weird that there’s a public course as nice as it is in a place like maryville but there it is.

    wind off the lake is fierce but it gives you something to blame the results on

  18. #58

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWFanatic View Post
    Heard ONLY 1600 tix will be issued for NW for session 2. There will likely not be any gate sales. NW had approx 4500 fans at the game in KC Sat so this will be a serious issue. Too bad they can’t move game to the Civic Arena in St Joe. Any NW games would be sellouts there too.
    I have not heard that about the 1600. The number that has been used in year's past is 2000 and that still accounts for a couple hundred admin, volunteers, teams, etc. to meet fire code regulations. If that's the case, better buy your tickets now. Close to 900 have already been sold for session 2.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    can’t recommend mozingo golf course enough. really weird that there’s a public course as nice as it is in a place like maryville but there it is.

    wind off the lake is fierce but it gives you something to blame the results on
    If the snow is gone it should be warm enough for golfing. But you are right about the wind, bundle up...

  20. #60

    Default Re: Central Region chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    If the snow is gone it should be warm enough for golfing. But you are right about the wind, bundle up...
    And wear your mudding shoes... going to be wet for a while.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •