Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Central Region chat

Default Re: Central Region chat

As a Northwest fan, I kind of hoped Wayne (or Mankato) would keep the 7 seed and we would get SE Oklahoma to start. I had said a while back that I hoped Southern would move into the 3 or drop to the 6, just to stay away from the Cam Martin matchup as long as possible. I don't really want to go against Washburn for a fourth time either, so I don't mind that one of them will take the other out (on the other side of the bracket). That's not a knock on the teams that we'll have to play to get to the final... MSU knocked us out a year ago, but I imagine some of our guys are glad that's who we drew. SNU has a great record and won their conference, and from what I've read on this board over the past few months, SCSU has maybe underachieved a little, but can play with anyone when they put it together. Should be a fun few days... hopefully, Day 2 and Day 3 are a little more enjoyable for us than last year.

I'm going to say:

NW by 11
    SCSU by 6
    Northern by 14
    MoSo by 4

2. Default Re: Central Region chat

Southern Nazarene lost to St Cloud State 81-68 in last year's regional opener. Interesting that they drew each other again. I think the real SCSU shows up and wins by a similar margin again, but if not, the Crimson Storm from SNU could make it to Sunday.

Obviously the 1/8 matchup is a repeat too, but won't be when the final buzzer sounds. Minnesota State will however continue to practice just in case the committee decides to move them on to Evansville for the first ever Elite Nine.

Southeastern won 10 of their last 11, beat Southern Nazarene by 30 early in the year, and played two D1 schools close in exhibition (a 3-point loss at UTSA and an overtime loss at UALR). The Savage Storm's roster includes the GAC Player of the Year (Kevin Buckingham). Northern State had best not look past this game.

Washburn is 0-5 against the field but their closest loss was by 3 at Missouri Southern, their first round draw in Maryville. I think the Ichabods will enter this game with the confidence they need. The question is whether the Lions will play well or have another poor shooting day. Seems like the day's true tossup game.

I know there has been some talk about the committee trying to avoid conference rematches - the committee obviously doesn't care - especially on the women's side where all 4 games are rematches with with all of the games but one being teams that have played multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Southern Nazarene lost to St Cloud State 81-68 in last year's regional opener. Interesting that they drew each other again. I think the real SCSU shows up and wins by a similar margin again, but if not, the Crimson Storm from SNU could make it to Sunday.

Obviously the 1/8 matchup is a repeat too, but won't be when the final buzzer sounds. Minnesota State will however continue to practice just in case the committee decides to move them on to Evansville for the first ever Elite Nine.

Southeastern won 10 of their last 11, beat Southern Nazarene by 30 early in the year, and played two D1 schools close in exhibition (a 3-point loss at UTSA and an overtime loss at UALR). The Savage Storm's roster includes the GAC Player of the Year (Kevin Buckingham). Northern State had best not look past this game.

Washburn is 0-5 against the field but their closest loss was by 3 at Missouri Southern, their first round draw in Maryville. I think the Ichabods will enter this game with the confidence they need. The question is whether the Lions will play well or have another poor shooting day. Seems like the day's true tossup game.
    Lol... that's awesome!

So...no stream of the games? Not seeing anything on information

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    The regional website includes "Watch Live" links (though they're not live yet), so I'm guessing they will stream?

https://bearcatsports.com/sports/201...ournament.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    The regional website includes "Watch Live" links (though they're not live yet), so I'm guessing they will stream?

They were streamed last year and the year before so I would assume they will be again. I thought they had to be streamed and they had to be free. Or maybe IF they are streamed they have to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post

Nice, thank you. Does anyone remember the cost?

Nice, thank you. Does anyone remember the cost?
    Like NWHoops said, I believe the postseason is free.

Hard to know what SCSU team will show up. They will either win by 10 or lose by 10

I really hope we have a nice dry week here in the Ville and the street crews are able to get out and do some patching ahead of the tournament... this winter has been brutal! If they don't and you're visiting, be careful, drive slow and try not to get swallowed. I'd hate for your lasting memory of Maryville to be a bill paid for getting a tire or a wheel fixed. Parts of Main need attention, and 1st street is ridiculous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Like NWHoops said, I believe the postseason is free.
    Yes, if they are streamed they must be free.

I really hope we have a nice dry week here in the Ville and the street crews are able to get out and do some patching ahead of the tournament... this winter has been brutal! If they don't and you're visiting, be careful, drive slow and try not to get swallowed. I'd hate for your lasting memory of Maryville to be a bill paid for getting a tire or a wheel fixed. Parts of Main need attention, and 1st street is ridiculous right now.
    I dont think you'll find any NSIC sympathy coming your way on the whole "brutal winter" haha

I dont think you'll find any NSIC sympathy coming your way on the whole "brutal winter" haha

Yeah, probably not....lol.

We still have dial up here in the sticks.

Gotta get south to St Joe to get fancy technology.

16. Default Re: Central Region chat

Okay, some other questions for a visitor from Minnesota next weekend:
    --Looking at the map, it appears that 35W south to 136 into Maryville is the best route.
    --Fun drinking establishments
    --Fun late night drinking establishments
    --How late do the bars in town stay open
    --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
    --eating establishment recommendations

17. Default Re: Central Region chat

Quote Originally Posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    --Looking at the map, it appears that 35W south to 136 into Maryville is the best route.
    --Is it true its going to be cold in town next weekend. I'm seeing 3 on Friday, 7 on Sat and 8 on Sunday
    Flip your phone settings over to Fahrenheit instead of Celsius. It doesn't make it any warmer but it sounds better.

Carson’s for bar grub and beer(they close at 11:00 pm)
    El Nopal is decent Mexican Food(bright green Bldg on S Main)
    Be sure to hit Ali’s Bakery(6th & Main across from Subway) Sat am for Beignets and Sunday/Wednesday for donuts/twists etc(closed Mon-Tues and only open til noon Wed-Sun

Personally, I prefer exiting I-35 onto Highway 2 at Leon, IA (exit 12) and taking Highway 2 west to Bedford, IA then going south on Highway 148 to Maryville. Highway 2 is much better highway than 136.

Heard ONLY 1600 tix will be issued for NW for session 2. There will likely not be any gate sales. NW had approx 4500 fans at the game in KC Sat so this will be a serious issue. Too bad they can’t move game to the Civic Arena in St Joe. Any NW games would be sellouts there too.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast