Thread: Thank you!

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default Thank you!

Dear MIAA fans,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank all of you. I believe you all to be the best fans in Division II, both in terms of activity on these forums and D2Football.com, as well as in general knowledge of the Division and the game. Hands down.

Unfortunately, as much as I love doing so, my personal and professional life are demanding more of my time. That’s a great thing regarding the former, and on most days it’s a good thing for the latter, too (although we all have our days haha). With that being the case, I just simply don’t have enough hours in the week to commit the time needed to do the job as well as you all deserve. Last year was a struggle (the peak season of my professional career happens to coincide with football season), and there are those that would say it showed. I agree 100% with that sentiment, and the players, coaches, fans, and this website deserve better. That’s not to say that I feel I didn’t do a good job, but I know if I had the amount of time I had the first two years of doing this, I could have been more in depth than I was able to be last year, and with the quality of football in this league, depth is very much necessary, in my opinion.

After a LOT of consideration the past three months, I have decided to step away and allow someone else take the reins in writing about one of the best football conferences in the country. I know there are a lot of great people out there, and I hope they let Brandon know via email or Twitter that they would love to “have the mic,” so to speak. Especially if that person is an existing (or aspires to be) a member of the media. Brandon and everyone else at D2Football.com are great to work with and I want to make sure there’s plenty of time to get a replacement secured.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to read and comment on what I wrote the past three and a half seasons, and a HUGE thank you to Brandon for the opportunity and introducing me to so many fantastic people in the D2 world, both within the D2F.com community and outside of it. I won’t be a stranger, because, simply put, I love interacting with you. I have since I joined the message board almost twelve years ago, and I love me some D2 football. It truly is a brother/sisterhood, and I can’t wait to see what happens throughout the league with all of you next year and beyond.

Best wishes to the best fans in D2,

Ian

Default Re: Thank you!

Screw Hookem. He doesn’t know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Screw Hookem. He doesn’t know anything.
    Keep my name off your lips. Ian isn’t thin skinned to quit because of me. Work and the fall of the bearcat dynasty forced him to put down the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    Dear MIAA fans,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank all of you. I believe you all to be the best fans in Division II, both in terms of activity on these forums and D2Football.com, as well as in general knowledge of the Division and the game. Hands down.

Unfortunately, as much as I love doing so, my personal and professional life are demanding more of my time. That’s a great thing regarding the former, and on most days it’s a good thing for the latter, too (although we all have our days haha). With that being the case, I just simply don’t have enough hours in the week to commit the time needed to do the job as well as you all deserve. Last year was a struggle (the peak season of my professional career happens to coincide with football season), and there are those that would say it showed. I agree 100% with that sentiment, and the players, coaches, fans, and this website deserve better. That’s not to say that I feel I didn’t do a good job, but I know if I had the amount of time I had the first two years of doing this, I could have been more in depth than I was able to be last year, and with the quality of football in this league, depth is very much necessary, in my opinion.

After a LOT of consideration the past three months, I have decided to step away and allow someone else take the reins in writing about one of the best football conferences in the country. I know there are a lot of great people out there, and I hope they let Brandon know via email or Twitter that they would love to “have the mic,” so to speak. Especially if that person is an existing (or aspires to be) a member of the media. Brandon and everyone else at D2Football.com are great to work with and I want to make sure there’s plenty of time to get a replacement secured.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to read and comment on what I wrote the past three and a half seasons, and a HUGE thank you to Brandon for the opportunity and introducing me to so many fantastic people in the D2 world, both within the D2F.com community and outside of it. I won’t be a stranger, because, simply put, I love interacting with you. I have since I joined the message board almost twelve years ago, and I love me some D2 football. It truly is a brother/sisterhood, and I can’t wait to see what happens throughout the league with all of you next year and beyond.

Best wishes to the best fans in D2,

Ian
    Are you quitting because the Chicken joint is not open until dinner time....lol...

Oh, no! Ian, we will miss your use of stats and in-depth analysis in the MIAA blog; yet, we will look forward to the return of Catbacker07.

what was the deal idr.....the one with more sides was closed or something?

Thanks for the blogs. Very insightful and I always looked forward to reading them. Best of luck in your future!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Keep my name off your lips. Ian isn’t thin skinned to quit because of me. Work and the fall of the bearcat dynasty forced him to put down the pen.
    Two (and the first two) out of three points ain’t bad....after all, even Alabama doesn’t win it every year. I do look forward to the jawing recommencing this fall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Are you quitting because the Chicken joint is not open until dinner time....lol...
    The secret is out.

As an LSC follower, I always enjoyed reading your stuff. Good luck!

Thanks for all you've done Ian. I can't even imagine how much work went into putting out the best blog in D2. Good luck in everything you do.

From mules nation, we salute you.

Ian's successor will have some pretty big shoes to fill.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Ian's successor will have some pretty big shoes to fill.
    I agree and from one Clarinda Cardinal to another, I wish you the best in your future. Will look forward to seeing you on here with the rest of us know-it-all's!

Ian, you're one of the good ones both in personally and what you have brought to the MIAA board with your time and efforts. Thank you.

Thank you for all of your hard work. It was easy to see you part a lot of thought and effort into your column and game predictions.