Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shepherd adds 11th game

Default Shepherd adds 11th game

Rams will host Ohio Dominican Sept. 7

Default Re: Shepherd adds 11th game

You must have some inside information...not seeing it anywhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    You must have some inside information...not seeing it anywhere.
    OH Dominican 2019 Football Schedule

I'm a bit surprised to see Shepherd add an 11th game. And this is a tough opponent out of the gate; should be a true litmus test for the 2019 Rams. I'm not sure why it's not announced on Shepherd's site.
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Franze View Post

I'm a bit surprised to see Shepherd add an 11th game. And this is a tough opponent out of the gate; should be a true litmus test for the 2019 Rams. I'm not sure why it's not announced on Shepherd's site.
    Why surprised? Nearly everybody in the PSAC plays 11 games. Days of the fluff schedule are gone ... this is the big leagues. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Why surprised? Nearly everybody in the PSAC plays 11 games. Days of the fluff schedule are gone ... this is the big leagues. LOL.
    I know you just didn’t reference the PSAC as the big leagues. No conference in SR1 can be considered anything but minor league.

That's not too unusual. Cal's season opener against St. Anselm isn't on their posted schedule yet, but it's posted on St. A's website.

But, ODU at Shepherd is not a bad way to kick off the season. I wonder if it's a home-and-home series.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Looks like 2011 is the last time that Shepherd played 11 regular season games.

If you want to be the best you have to play the best and compete against the best. I respect and admire the Rams scheduling a tough season opener. A win could put them in the top 25, a loss if close could still do them well in preparation for the East battles with Kutztown, WCU, Shippensburg & Bloomsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky78 View Post
    I know you just didn’t reference the PSAC as the big leagues. No conference in SR1 can be considered anything but minor league.
    Relax, dude. I thought I read it was like the SEC. D2 football is about the equivalent to Class A baseball and to about 98 percent of football fans it's 'just D2' no matter what league or conference you play in.

I'm glad they did, the home opener would have been almost in October otherwise.

Oh come on now Ken, you know now that we are in the big leagues I thought we would probably go 3-7 this year but it looks now like 3-8.

No region outside SR 1 has the glut of DI, DII and DIII programs within their region to compete for athletes. The PSAC is recognized by everyone but you as a top notch DII conference...Wake up

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    No region outside SR 1 has the glut of DI, DII and DIII programs within their region to compete for athletes. The PSAC is recognized by everyone but you as a top notch DII conference...Wake up
    Agree with you on the glut of small school programs competing for athletes, but I think you need to Wake Up if you think any SR1 conference is considered 'top notch" by the vast majority outside of the region. The PSAC is very respected in the region & fairly respected by many outside but certainly not one of the top conferences in the country!

But then what do we know since we have just joined the "big leagues"

Football-wise the league gets a big addition with Shepherd.

Basketball-wise not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Wake up to what? The PSAC is an average conference nationally. It's an improvement for us from Shepherd coming from the below average MEC, so that's a plus. But maybe you need to readjust what you think about it nationally as a football conference. I think we (Shep fans) are being realist's in regards to this.

Shepherd basketball is a sleeping giant... granted they've been asleep forever and can't seem to wake up. They have the funding and are in a recruiting area where bball players are EVERYWHERE! IMO our mens bball program has been the biggest disappointment as a sports program since forever. Their truly is no excuse as to why they shouldn't compete for region titles with the facilities and recruiting area.

[QUOTE=Ram040506;2361693]Shepherd basketball is a sleeping giant... granted they've been asleep forever and can't seem to wake up. They have the funding and are in a recruiting area where bball players are EVERYWHERE! IMO our mens bball program has been the biggest disappointment as a sports program since forever. Their truly is no excuse as to why they shouldn't compete for region titles with the facilities and recruiting area.[/

Maybe time to replace the HC.

Glad we got the eleventh game!

[QUOTE=Rams Fan;2361714]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Shepherd basketball is a sleeping giant... granted they've been asleep forever and can't seem to wake up. They have the funding and are in a recruiting area where bball players are EVERYWHERE! IMO our mens bball program has been the biggest disappointment as a sports program since forever. Their truly is no excuse as to why they shouldn't compete for region titles with the facilities and recruiting area.[/

Maybe time to replace the HC.

Glad we got the eleventh game!

They got embarrassed today in the MEC Tournament by Fairmont State. It looked like they just quit on the coach after halftime.

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;2361717]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post

They got embarrassed today in the MEC Tournament by Fairmont State. It looked like they just quit on the coach after halftime.
    It's truly an embarrassment, from my recollection they are fully funded as a bball program and in a very fertile ground of recruiting. Underachieved forever. Makes no sense other than they aren't getting it done.

I would have said baseball would have been a solid addition too up until about 5-6 years ago. Don't know much about the reasons but know a couple of their better coaches moved on or up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast