Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Contribute to D2

Default ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Looks like Run and Gun or as I like to call it the ole Chinese Fire Drill is coming to ASU.

Really figured Gersch would go the to a power type offense.

https://angelosports.com/news/2019/3...WQ5nL0OGAFUI_c

2. Default Re: ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Looks like Run and Gun aka the ole Chinese Fire Drill is coming to ASU.
    Here’s the article link https://angelosports.com/news/2019/3...ordinator.aspx

Default Re: ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Not sure about the rest of the staff but both coordinators appear to be great hires.

Any relation to Bud?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Any relation to Bud?
    Bud ran more of a power run game.

6. Default Re: ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Any relation to Bud?
    Or Val? Gotta love Iceman.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFamAlum View Post
    Or Val? Gotta love Iceman.
    I'm more of a Maverick guy (clearly). I'm...unsafe

Quote Originally Posted by LSCfan1 View Post
    Bud ran more of a power run game.
    He hated the oompty-oomph offense

High OCTANE offense coming to ASU. Finally, something NEW coming to the LSC.

Nightmares surely ahead for defensive coordinators!! In a conference known for poor defenses, this is TROUBLE.

Takes time to get it RIGHT!! Welcome Coach Kilmer!

Great OC with D1 experience!!! This hirer tells you where ASU is heading!!!

#RamFam
    #LSC2019Champs
    Last edited by ASUPops; 03-05-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    High OCTANE offense coming to ASU. Finally, something NEW coming to the LSC.

Nightmares surely ahead for defensive coordinators!! In a conference known for poor defenses, this is TROUBLE.

Takes time to get it RIGHT!! Welcome Coach Kilmer!

Great OC with D1 experience!!! This hirer tells you where ASU is heading!!!

#RamFam
    #LSC2019Champs
    Wow, LSC champs 2019 already crowned by Pops. I will have to see major improvements on the defensive side of the ball before I can make that jump with you. Hey, like the enthusiasm though.

11. Default Re: ASU new OC Kevin Kilmer

Kevin is the son of Eddie Kilmer who is the DC at Cleveland HS in Rio Rancho NM and was the DC just down the road from Portales at Clovis High School for years and years. Probably a great hire for the Rams, but I didn't think the offense was their problem last year. Pass Defense seemed to be a major issue especially when you consider the Gene Upshaw award winner who was close to 20 sacks this year just Graduated

Quote Originally Posted by gohounds View Post
    Kevin is the son of Eddie Kilmer who is the DC at Cleveland HS in Rio Rancho NM and was the DC just down the road from Portales at Clovis High School for years and years. Probably a great hire for the Rams, but I didn't think the offense was their problem last year. Pass Defense seemed to be a major issue especially when you consider the Gene Upshaw award winner who was close to 20 sacks this year just Graduated
    Offense wasnt THE issue...but it was an issue because it was so basic and too easy to predict. That issue SOLVED.

As far as defense.....the front 7 was SOLID. ASU only lost 4 starters on defense. And between recruiting, JUCO, and players moving up, the DB situation has MORE than been handled. PLUS the new DC.

Not to mention the return of the #BlueMob

Rams are in good shape and should make a run THIS year.

Offense wasnt THE issue...but it was an issue because it was so basic and too easy to predict. That issue SOLVED.

As far as defense.....the front 7 was SOLID. ASU only lost 4 starters on defense. And between recruiting, JUCO, and players moving up, the DB situation has MORE than been handled. PLUS the new DC.

Not to mention the return of the #BlueMob

Rams are in good shape and should make a run THIS year.
    Pops thats a pretty big ledge to jump off.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Pops thats a pretty big ledge to jump off.
    If you notice, things have been real quite. No ones thinking about or talking about Rams football. It's all bout WT....Commerce....Tarleton....even SFA (hahaha).

So, lets just say I am talking out of my arse. ASU will be dead last. No worries for anyone.

Let's see what happens during the 2019 season. Talk to me then.

If you notice, things have been real quite. No ones thinking about or talking about Rams football. It's all bout WT....Commerce....Tarleton....even SFA (hahaha).

So, lets just say I am talking out of my arse. ASU will be dead last. No worries for anyone.

Let's see what happens during the 2019 season. Talk to me then.
    I do not believe the Rams will be dead last. I do not see them jumping all the way the top unless I see major improvements on the defensive side of the ball. WT looks to be marginally better than last year which may or may not get them 7 wins. Commerce has a major question mark at the HC spot, but as of now appear to be favorite based on current talent. Tarleton is reloading but will be hard to replicate last year and Midwestern is best coached team in the conference IMO. So, I'm Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern until I see major improvements elsewhere and at this point I haven't. As I have said before if Eastern NM were in the RMAC they would have already made the playoffs, but the reality of the situation at current is they are not and will continue to fight an uphill battle against the war chests of the HAVE schools.

The Rams DO HAVE all the tools to get it done, just have to find a way to put together. The last thing I have to go on was that defensive collapse in the bowl game which speaks volumes about the current HC. Reorganizing the staff may get better results, we shall see.

I'm more of a Maverick guy (clearly). I'm...unsafe
    So am I. Was really weird seeing someone with my name in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    I do not believe the Rams will be dead last. I do not see them jumping all the way the top unless I see major improvements on the defensive side of the ball. WT looks to be marginally better than last year which may or may not get them 7 wins. Commerce has a major question mark at the HC spot, but as of now appear to be favorite based on current talent. Tarleton is reloading but will be hard to replicate last year and Midwestern is best coached team in the conference IMO. So, I'm Commerce Tarleton and Midwestern until I see major improvements elsewhere and at this point I haven't. As I have said before if Eastern NM were in the RMAC they would have already made the playoffs, but the reality of the situation at current is they are not and will continue to fight an uphill battle against the war chests of the HAVE schools.

The Rams DO HAVE all the tools to get it done, just have to find a way to put together. The last thing I have to go on was that defensive collapse in the bowl game which speaks volumes about the current HC. Reorganizing the staff may get better results, we shall see.
    Or they could just hire you!

One must look at the offense to understand the defensive breakdown in the fourth qtr. Instead of running the ball and eating up some clock our QB just dropped and threw the dang ball away every stinking possession. This is D2 after all. Depth can only go so far when the offense is forcing the defense to stay on the field the entire fourth qtr.

Or they could just hire you!
    No need to be snippy. Every fall is a new year. But, before I jump on the Pops bandwagon to LSC supremacy I just need see something that would leave to believe you are correct. Fair enough?

No need to be snippy. Every fall is a new year. But, before I jump on the Pops bandwagon to LSC supremacy I just need see something that would leave to believe you are correct. Fair enough?
    Not "snippy" at all.

Not sure I have heard a guy use that word before. Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast