Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 187

Thread: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

  1. #21

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Wheeling Jesuit answers with a 14-0 run and now leads 58-35 with just over 5 left. Wesleyan has had open looks but can't buy a basket from the outside.

    A lot was made about Sancomb leaving this summer. This coach has done a good job with the roster. He deserves some credit for putting together a nice, athletic team. I realize they are only 9-20 on the season, but they will now have won 7 of their last 10 games. Wheeling will advance to take on #1 seed West Lib on Friday.
    And Peckinpaugh put on an absolute coaching clinic tonight in carving up that odd diamond-and-1 zone that Wesleyan runs. It's such an unusual defense that it sometimes throws teams off rhythm. But credit to Peckinpaugh for finding all of the soft spots in the zone and exploiting them to perfection tonight. (And down marks to Merriwether for making absolutely no adjustments once it was clear that Peckinpaugh had it figured out. Peckinpaugh won the coaching battle tonight for sure.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Really? I have started the same thread for the MEC tournament the previous two of the past years on the WV Prep board. Those threads are still on that board. There are one or two posters maybe still around that know that I was associated with WV small college basketball, ie the WVUAC, more than just a poster on the message board. I will leave it there. I attended the MEC tourney a few years back. Is that anti-MEC?

    Why? Do you have some type of problem with me starting or posting in this thread?

    Here is a link to my thread last year on the prep board:

    http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/for...c,13759.0.html

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Final: Wheeling Jesuit 66 WV Wesleyan 48.

  4. #24

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    Really? I have started the same thread for the MEC tournament the previous two of the past years on the WV Prep board. Those threads are still on that board. There are one or two posters maybe still around that know that I was associated with WV small college basketball, ie the WVUAC, more than just a poster on the message board. I will leave it there. I attended the MEC tourney a few years back. Is that anti-MEC?

    Why? Do you have some type of problem with me starting or posting in this thread?

    Here is a link to my thread last year on the prep board:

    http://www.wvtailgatecentral.com/for...c,13759.0.html
    Chill, my man. I've just read all the pissing matches about AB and the MEC over the years. And, you haven't posted here all year. It's a good thread. It gives us insight that there are actually teams in the MEC aside from the one on the Hilltop. I think there are, anyway. Maybe not.

  5. #25

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Having not looked at the bracket, who will WL get after they steamroll WJ tomorrow?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Chill, my man. I've just read all the pissing matches about AB and the MEC over the years. And, you haven't posted here all year
    There is a reason for that. I didn't post in the AB thread for the past 2.5 months until this week, so it just wasn't me not posting here.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    The women's regional rankings came out today. The MEC is represented with Glenville State at #2, Charleston at #7, West Lib at #8 and Concord at #9. That makes for some real interesting battles this week.

    Virginia Union has already won the CIAA tournament. If Glenville were able to get two regional ranked wins in the tournament this week, then could they possibly move ahead of VU? Probably a long shot but VU is currently 26-2 and Glenville is 25-2. Of course, these other MEC schools may have a lot of say in that.

  8. #28

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    The women's regional rankings came out today. The MEC is represented with Glenville State at #2, Charleston at #7, West Lib at #8 and Concord at #9. That makes for some real interesting battles this week.

    Virginia Union has already won the CIAA tournament. If Glenville were able to get two regional ranked wins in the tournament this week, then could they possibly move ahead of VU? Probably a long shot but VU is currently 26-2 and Glenville is 25-2. Of course, these other MEC schools may have a lot of say in that.
    Never know. One of VUU's losses is to a sub .500 team. Granted, thus far the committee hasn't seemed to care about that loss when ranking them as opposed to others. One thing for sure: VUU is REAL hard gym for visitors to win inside.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lalaland
    Posts
    10,195
    Rep Power
    21956

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Never know. One of VUU's losses is to a sub .500 team. Granted, thus far the committee hasn't seemed to care about that loss when ranking them as opposed to others. One thing for sure: VUU is REAL hard gym for visitors to win inside.
    And a hard place for fans to watch a game - those iron columns remind me of old Tiger Stadium

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    And on the other hand, the WACO Center at Glenville State is a Taj Mahal of D2 basketball arenas. You can't beat watching a game at that place.

    But teams and fans would have to stay in lodging at least a half-hour away. Glenville has hosted before when they made it to the Elite Eight under Steve Harold. A lot of games to be played though.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    13,179
    Rep Power
    319142

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Chill, my man. I've just read all the pissing matches about AB and the MEC over the years. And, you haven't posted here all year. It's a good thread. It gives us insight that there are actually teams in the MEC aside from the one on the Hilltop. I think there are, anyway. Maybe not.
    I can assure you, there are NO other teams beside W L U!!!!!

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Erie, PA
    Posts
    4,606
    Rep Power
    23737

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by boatcapt View Post
    I can assure you, there are NO other teams beside W L U!!!!!
    NEGATIVE!!!

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    First women's quarterfinal coming up at noon: #2 University of Charleston vs #10 WV Wesleyan.

    I thought WV Wesleyan looked good yesterday for a #10 seed. UC can't afford a loss here or they will be out of the NCAA tournament.

  14. #34

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Quote Originally Posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    First women's quarterfinal coming up at noon: #2 University of Charleston vs #10 WV Wesleyan.

    I thought WV Wesleyan looked good yesterday for a #10 seed. UC can't afford a loss here or they will be out of the NCAA tournament.
    Wesleyan hanging with UC here deep into the first half. Impressive work for Vicky's #10 seed so far.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Charleston ahead at the half over Wesleyan 38-28. The first four minutes of the second half are going to be real key for Wesleyan. UC has been able to push the ball iup the court on transition.

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Big 3-pointer by Wesleyan at the end of the third period. UC leads 54-51 heading into the final period of play.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Charleston takes control to start the 4th quarter going on a 14-2 run. Going into the final media timeout...UC up 68-53

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Wow....UC shooting the ball 10 seconds into the clock. Wesleyan back in it down 68-61 with 2 minutes left.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    Charleston advances with a 75-69 final

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hagerstown, MD
    Posts
    2,312
    Rep Power
    1742

    Default Re: 2019 Mountain East Tournament

    #3 Concord defeats #6 UVA-Wise 76-62.

    Game of runs. UVA-Wise led early 24-17. Concord then pour it on leading 54-34. UVA-Wise went on a run to cut the lead to 60-57. Concord finishes in the final five minutes.

    Saturday afternoon it will be #2 University of Charleston vs. #3 Concord. Big game in terms of playing for a NCAA bid.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •