Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Koster transferring from UNK

  1. #1

    Default Koster transferring from UNK

    https://twitter.com/KanonKoster/stat...785620992?s=19

    Looking for a D1 landing spot. Tough loss for the Lopers as the freshman was easily their best player this year at 16.5 ppg and 5.9 rpg. Not a huge surprise, though. I believe many thought he would go to a D1 school out of high school, so UNK was lucky to have him for a year

  2. #2

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    How is Weston Baker Magrath looking for you guys this year?

  3. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    How is Weston Baker Magrath looking for you guys this year?
    He played in all 28 games and started 24. Averaged 6.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg and led the team with 33 blocks.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    He played in all 28 games and started 24. Averaged 6.6 ppg, 3.1 rpg and led the team with 33 blocks.
    He is quite the athlete. Not sure if he will ever be a great offensive player.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    He is quite the athlete. Not sure if he will ever be a great offensive player.
    I think if he develops well, he could have an impact a lot like what Ross DeMasi gave SMSU a decade ago. That's obviously an optimistic take, but he's got that type of physical profile and skill set. Needs to spend a summer working on his FTs though.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    I think if he develops well, he could have an impact a lot like what Ross DeMasi gave SMSU a decade ago. That's obviously an optimistic take, but he's got that type of physical profile and skill set. Needs to spend a summer working on his FTs though.
    A super 31 percent (11 of 35) ... I think a spring and summer of work is in order. Maybe try "granny style?"

  7. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    And now Henry Penner, another freshman, has announced he is transferring.

    https://twitter.com/penner_henry/sta...057058304?s=19

    He played in all 28 games and averaged 6.7 ppg and 3.7 rpg.

    Two local, contributing freshmen gone in two days. I wonder if this is a blip on the radar or a sign of trouble in Kearney.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    And now Henry Penner, another freshman, has announced he is transferring.

    https://twitter.com/penner_henry/sta...057058304?s=19

    He played in all 28 games and averaged 6.7 ppg and 3.7 rpg.

    Two local, contributing freshmen gone in two days. I wonder if this is a blip on the radar or a sign of trouble in Kearney.
    I think we have one more spot for next year

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Yeah...can’t imagine this is a good sign for the program long-term. Ugh.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    And now Henry Penner, another freshman, has announced he is transferring.

    https://twitter.com/penner_henry/sta...057058304?s=19

    He played in all 28 games and averaged 6.7 ppg and 3.7 rpg.

    Two local, contributing freshmen gone in two days. I wonder if this is a blip on the radar or a sign of trouble in Kearney.
    Penner is headed to Wayne St.

    https://twitter.com/penner_henry/sta...071537664?s=19

  11. #11

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Great news! Stats say he can shoot from outside and he has a little length. Was he more of a stretch-4 for Kearney or is he more of a true wing/guard? I assume he will have to sit out a year.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    Great news! Stats say he can shoot from outside and he has a little length. Was he more of a stretch-4 for Kearney or is he more of a true wing/guard? I assume he will have to sit out a year.
    Since moving to a new conference I believe he can play right away. Can’t move to different team within conference unless sit out a year (unless grad transfer).

  13. #13

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    Great news! Stats say he can shoot from outside and he has a little length. Was he more of a stretch-4 for Kearney or is he more of a true wing/guard? I assume he will have to sit out a year.
    Witthus played right away for NWMSU.

  14. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    Great news! Stats say he can shoot from outside and he has a little length. Was he more of a stretch-4 for Kearney or is he more of a true wing/guard? I assume he will have to sit out a year.
    I believe he is more of a guard, but I'm not positive. I'm out of state and pretty much follow UNK via live stats and recaps. I think I read somewhere he'd be eligible immediately.

  15. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Koster announced tonight that he did find a D1 landing spot. He is headed to South Dakota

    https://twitter.com/KanonKoster/stat...745983488?s=19

  16. #16

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Koster announced tonight that he did find a D1 landing spot. He is headed to South Dakota

    https://twitter.com/KanonKoster/stat...745983488?s=19
    As a fan of a team that consistently gets a decent number of recruits who received D1 interest and offers coming out of high school (most recently AJ Plitzuweit and Trevor Hanson, both of whom had D1 offers from some of the local low-/mid-majors), this is disappointing and discouraging news. Bums me out to see D2 treated as a feeder system, whether it's Nuni Omot going the D2-to-JUCO-to-D1 route a few years ago or this Koster kid going straight up to D1. Really hoping the Vikes don't have to deal with these transfer situations with the group we have.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    As a fan of a team that consistently gets a decent number of recruits who received D1 interest and offers coming out of high school (most recently AJ Plitzuweit and Trevor Hanson, both of whom had D1 offers from some of the local low-/mid-majors), this is disappointing and discouraging news. Bums me out to see D2 treated as a feeder system, whether it's Nuni Omot going the D2-to-JUCO-to-D1 route a few years ago or this Koster kid going straight up to D1. Really hoping the Vikes don't have to deal with these transfer situations with the group we have.
    They'll be D1 soon enough, no need to transfer.

    If they are as cohesive as many thought throughout the year, they'll stick together for the next 3 years.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,850
    Rep Power
    189456

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    As a fan of a team that consistently gets a decent number of recruits who received D1 interest and offers coming out of high school (most recently AJ Plitzuweit and Trevor Hanson, both of whom had D1 offers from some of the local low-/mid-majors), this is disappointing and discouraging news. Bums me out to see D2 treated as a feeder system, whether it's Nuni Omot going the D2-to-JUCO-to-D1 route a few years ago or this Koster kid going straight up to D1. Really hoping the Vikes don't have to deal with these transfer situations with the group we have.
    Shame on these kids for seeking out the best stage to share their basketball talents with the world! What do they think this is, a democracy?!?!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Shame on these kids for seeking out the best stage to share their basketball talents with the world! What do they think this is, a democracy?!?!
    I know you're technically right. I just think it will suck if it continues to develop as a trend at all levels that lower level schools or lower divisions just become feeder systems, even if it's not "wrong."

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,850
    Rep Power
    189456

    Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I know you're technically right. I just think it will suck if it continues to develop as a trend at all levels that lower level schools or lower divisions just become feeder systems, even if it's not "wrong."
    1.) Kids only get four years to play they should absolutely pursue what they believe to be the best possible opportunity.
    2.) Only a small, almost minuscule, amount of all D2 players are good enough to transfer up. I cant statistically back this up but I have to believe far more players are likely to not pan out and transfer "down" rather than "up."
    3.) Another item I cant statistically back up but feel strongly saying is that D1 to D2 transfers will continue to vastly out number D2 to D1 transfers.
    4.) The D1 to D1 transfer wheel spins fast and furious, and will probably only spin even faster and more furiously down the road when Augie is part of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •