Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Koster transferring from UNK

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I know you're technically right. I just think it will suck if it continues to develop as a trend at all levels that lower level schools or lower divisions just become feeder systems, even if it's not "wrong."
    Hard to question Omot since he landed at Baylor, which is a big time program. Easy to question Poydress who landed at some Utah low D1. Or Warren who left to try D1 and ended up at a worse D2.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    1.) Kids only get four years to play they should absolutely pursue what they believe to be the best possible opportunity.
    2.) Only a small, almost minuscule, amount of all D2 players are good enough to transfer up. I cant statistically back this up but I have to believe far more players are likely to not pan out and transfer "down" rather than "up."
    3.) Another item I cant statistically back up but feel strongly saying is that D1 to D2 transfers will continue to vastly out number D2 to D1 transfers.
    4.) The D1 to D1 transfer wheel spins fast and furious, and will probably only spin even faster and more furiously down the road when Augie is part of it.
    Listen, I'm the Apostle of Apprehension. Stop trying to bring logic into my land of irrational fear.

3. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Listen, I'm the Apostle of Apprehension. Stop trying to bring logic into my land of irrational fear.
    Don't forget about the D2 to D2 transfer possibility. Some of your best young players may transfer to Northwest after next year, so they can join up with those freshman guards to win a national title or two. See Joey Witthus.

Quote Originally Posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Don't forget about the D2 to D2 transfer possibility. Some of your best young players may transfer to Northwest after next year, so they can join up with those freshman guards to win a national title or two. See Joey Witthus.
    We will take any 6’7” players who can shoot 50% from 3, are able to put it on the floor, are unselfish, willing to commit to being in top physical condition and loves to play hard nosed defense.

That should narrow down the list significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post
    We will take any 6’7” players who can shoot 50% from 3, are able to put it on the floor, are unselfish, willing to commit to being in top physical condition and loves to play hard nosed defense.

+10

6. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Quote Originally Posted by 86Catillac View Post

Dang, that last part rules out my youngest son! I guess he can just stay at Southern and keep winning intramural titles.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWizard View Post
    Dang, that last part rules out my youngest son! I guess he can just stay at Southern and keep winning intramural titles.
    Or he could play for Southern?

Weston Baker Magrath transferring home to SMSU.

https://twitter.com/YaBoii_Wes/statu...66268653637632

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

Good pickup for smsu

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post

I remember being mildly surprised he didn't commit to SMSU in the first place.

Rough stretch for UNK.

11. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Another Loper announced he's leaving, Jaxon Simons was a red-shirt this season. He was an all-stater at Wahoo Neumann. That makes four leaving Kearney, Koster & Magrath started and Penner was in the rotation as a freshman.

https://twitter.com/SimonsJaxon/stat...14980570664960

12. Default Re: Koster transferring from UNK

Rough stretch for UNK.
    Both of Magrath's parents were UNK graduates.

Rough stretch for UNK.
    Outside of blocking some shots I was never impressed with him. Remedial offensive game ... dumb fouls led to long stretches on the bench ... weak rebounder for his size ... and I'll mention again the 30% from the FT line. Had to be among the lowest #'s in the region for the time he played.

But UNK has always struggled to find post players so it's a bit of a loss.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12