Thread: IUP Basketball forgets uniforms

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP Basketball forgets uniforms

They could have played in their underwear and won by 35 last night.

3. Default Re: IUP Basketball forgets uniforms

Fun little side note, last night was Joe Lombardi’s 300th win. I’m sure he’ll never forget it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Fun little side note, last night was Joe Lombardi’s 300th win. I’m sure he’ll never forget it now.
    Fastest ever in the PSAC to 300, too.

I wonder if a moderator will move this to the basketball forum instead of the football forum. Seems a bit more relevant there.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    I wonder if a moderator will move this to the basketball forum instead of the football forum. Seems a bit more relevant there.
    Have no worries. It will turn in to the IUP QB battle or something along those lines soon enough.

7. Default Re: IUP Basketball forgets uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    I think a lot of people that post on the football boards don’t know there’s a basketball forum. Or a number of the hoops forums are dead so there’s no point posting anything to them

There used to be a sister website for basketball (d2hoops.com) but as costs increased it went away.

It's a national story. Kinda like if a football coach were to call and be granted a 4th timeout. Oh, wait, did that happen?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ys/3013359002/

So does the manager who left their uniforms home have to run suicides at practice today for his error???? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
    So does the manager who left their uniforms home have to run suicides at practice today for his error???? Lol
    It's hard to say. The equipment manager has been reported missing. It's rumored he was locked somewhere in the depths of McComb Field House.

The marquee at the KCAC also has a HELP WANTED sign up for an immediate opening. Requirements include the ability to work evenings and, on occasion, travel.

It could just be a coincidence.

Imagine being the one to tell Joe Lombardi, one of the most detail-oriented people alive, that his team was 130 miles from home and didn't have uniforms? It's all funny now but when that was discovered about an hour before tip-off last night ... yikes.

At least Edinboro fans finally get to see what an elite team would look like in their uniforms.

Reminded me of when Bishop McDevitt brought the wrong jerseys for a PIAA football playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    It's a national story. Kinda like if a football coach were to call and be granted a 4th timeout. Oh, wait, did that happen?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ys/3013359002/
    I think it is great to get national attention like this. D2 doesn’t get much publicity, take it when you can get it.

15. Default Re: IUP Basketball forgets uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    It's hard to say. The equipment manager has been reported missing. It's rumored he was locked somewhere in the depths of McComb Field House.

The marquee at the KCAC also has a HELP WANTED sign up for an immediate opening. Requirements include the ability to work evenings and, on occasion, travel.

It could just be a coincidence.

Imagine being the one to tell Joe Lombardi, one of the most detail-oriented people alive, that his team was 130 miles from home and didn't have uniforms? It's all funny now but when that was discovered about an hour before tip-off last night ... yikes.
    This is probably one of the very craziest things that I have ever heard pertaining to sports! It actually made the ESPN show AROUND THE HORN this evening. Really nuts. I had to really stare at the sports page of the local edition this evening for awhile to make any sense of why IUP players were wearing Boro uniforms. As someone who has made a million slip-ups over the years I do feel for the team manager who forgot to pack them. But that is kind of load the bus 101----coaches, players, uniforms all need to be on there when you depart campus. LOL.

But great for a laugh and something that will be talked about for many years to come.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    This is probably one of the very craziest things that I have ever heard pertaining to sports! It actually made the ESPN show AROUND THE HORN this evening. Really nuts. I had to really stare at the sports page of the local edition this evening for awhile to make any sense of why IUP players were wearing Boro uniforms. As someone who has made a million slip-ups over the years I do feel for the team manager who forgot to pack them. But that is kind of load the bus 101----coaches, players, uniforms all need to be on there when you depart campus. LOL.

But great for a laugh and something that will be talked about for many years to come.

-
    And look who made #1 in ESPN's Not Top 10 for the month of February:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hv9jbNQ96E