Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Northville, MI (after over 35 yrs in Midland, MI)
    Contribute to D2

Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

[QUOTE=saggydad;2363421]
    Quote Originally Posted by svsu View Post
    Best to your son and the entire team. I am a fan of the program and have always been supportive of the players and certain coaches. I stand by my previous comments. In fact, if I was a betting man, I'm sure Saggy is interviewing the offensive line coach (Drew Burton) for the head job. Time will tell. Best of luck to current and future Cards!
    Interviewing? They should be about wrapped and in house guys should have been done back in early Feb. I know they are trying, but isn't each day critical? I don't know when Spring practice begins, but it must be soon if not already underway (GV's started Monday.) Heck of a time to be looking for a new HC, but unfortunately time isn't something that Saggy has to waste here.

2. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

SVSU has their man, they are now talking with Michigan to see what the buyout on Harbaugh's contract will be. Tough time to not have your new guy in place with spring practice starting and all these violations that have to be addressed. How will the probation have any effect on the team going forward? Is there another shoe to drop yet or is this it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    SVSU has their man, they are now talking with Michigan to see what the buyout on Harbaugh's contract will be. Tough time to not have your new guy in place with spring practice starting and all these violations that have to be addressed. How will the probation have any effect on the team going forward? Is there another shoe to drop yet or is this it?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThortonMelon View Post
    Glad I hadn't been out drinking green beer, I would have spit taken it all over my screen here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Glad I hadn't been out drinking green beer, I would have spit taken it all over my screen here.
    So, were you like out drinking blue beer?

I have to admit that I'd thought we'd be hearing something out of University Center by now. I'm kind of surprised as to how quiet they've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing View Post
    So, were you like out drinking blue beer?

I have to admit that I'd thought we'd be hearing something out of University Center by now. I'm kind of surprised as to how quiet they've been.
    Too bad the Packers stole SVSU's first pick just a few weeks ago! lol

I have heard some rumors of two DC's from GLIAC interviewed....from pretty decent GLIAC programs.

Quote Originally Posted by saggydad View Post
    I have heard some rumors of two DC's from GLIAC interviewed....from pretty decent GLIAC programs.
    The Postman cometh?

9. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

The Postman cometh?
    Agree.

Then why is it taking so long, he would be a great hire. Who else do they have up their sleeve that is making them take so long? It's going to be a month almost.

The Postman cometh?
    Seems like it would make sense for a lot of good reasons....

11. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Seems like it would make sense for a lot of good reasons....
    As a laker, I'm being selfish and wish he doesn't get it. But I also see it as a huge advantage to saggy if they hire him

Seems like a no brainer for him. Isn't Saginaw a much nicer place to live than Allendale?

13. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Quote Originally Posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
    Seems like a no brainer for him. Isn't Saginaw a much nicer place to live than Allendale?
    I heard a lot of current GLIAC guys as well as former GLIAC guys have been on campus, but it's been so long so maybe they hire the current DC?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerblue View Post
    I heard a lot of current GLIAC guys as well as former GLIAC guys have been on campus, but it's been so long so maybe they hire the current DC?
    If they promote the current DC for Saggy, I'd be more than shocked...

When does the semester end at SVSU? Are they even going to be able to get a full spring practice in at this point? You have to be very careful with those pesky NCAA rules and I would think after what they have been thru no one would want any issues in that area...

I hear that Urban Meyer is available if they cant land Harbaugh.

16. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

If they promote the current DC for Saggy, I'd be more than shocked...
    http://www.svsucardinals.com/sports/...20190321fwhx3j

Ryan Brady of Ferris State named head coach.

What are everyone's thoughts on the hire?

Quote Originally Posted by lakerblue View Post
    http://www.svsucardinals.com/sports/...20190321fwhx3j

Ryan Brady of Ferris State named head coach.

What are everyone's thoughts on the hire?
    I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring Postma back to coach his old team. But hey...Their loss is our gain.

Quote Originally Posted by BeachinLaker View Post
    I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring Postma back to coach his old team. But hey...Their loss is our gain.
    True, but I wonder if all the coaching positions Brady had was the tiebreaker. (He's worked both sides of the ball.)

At least SVSU should get their facts straight on a press release...
    "His collegiate football career saw Brady play quarterback at Grand Valley State University, leading the Lakers to a national title game appearance in 2001 and winning a national championship with the 2002 squad. Brady served as the Lakers' quarterbacks coach on their '03 championship squad before going to Muskegon High School as a strength and conditioning coach in 2004."

Brady threw 2 passes in 2002....but I have to say he completed both as the 4th string guy....

Good luck to him...

20. Default Re: Saggy Head Coach Cannidates

Quote Originally Posted by champgymusa View Post
    At least SVSU should get their facts straight on a press release...
    "His collegiate football career saw Brady play quarterback at Grand Valley State University, leading the Lakers to a national title game appearance in 2001 and winning a national championship with the 2002 squad. Brady served as the Lakers' quarterbacks coach on their '03 championship squad before going to Muskegon High School as a strength and conditioning coach in 2004."

Brady threw 2 passes in 2002....but I have to say he completed both as the 4th string guy....

Good luck to him...
    Only two? Ok...but for how many yards? Maybe that's all they needed that year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast