Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BREAKING: CWU Coach Shoemaker Heading to EWU

Contribute to D2

Default Re: BREAKING: CWU Coach Shoemaker Heading to EWU

Quote Originally Posted by tsull View Post
    Looks like a great hire in Fisk. Good pedigree in coaching at SOU, too, and is a smart guy: He grew up in Pocatello and got out! Sorry, couldn't help myself, I'm from Idaho, I have license to dish that smack.

Fisk sounds excellent.
    Is Napoleon Dynamite no longer the only halfway decent thing to come out of Pocatello?

I think keeping continuity with what is working could work really well too. I love that CWU still runs the ball and hasn't gone with the Air Raid offense that is in Pullman, instead going with what they have the players for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
    Is Napoleon Dynamite no longer the only halfway decent thing to come out of Pocatello?

I think keeping continuity with what is working could work really well too. I love that CWU still runs the ball and hasn't gone with the Air Raid offense that is in Pullman, instead going with what they have the players for.
    Idaho State would make a good GNAC member ... they're 7-18 or something in hoops this year, marginal to bad in football, have no support and no money. Fisk is a smart dude, got out of Pokey and is making a name for himself with GOOD football programs SOU and CWU, not bad ones like Idaho State in his hometown.

Idaho State would make a good GNAC member ... they're 7-18 or something in hoops this year, marginal to bad in football, have no support and no money. Fisk is a smart dude, got out of Pokey and is making a name for himself with GOOD football programs SOU and CWU, not bad ones like Idaho State in his hometown.
    They definitely would fit, but I doubt we'll see it happen. Travel wise they are in a good spot geographically for the GNAC in all non-football sports too and right along an interstate.

They definitely would fit, but I doubt we'll see it happen. Travel wise they are in a good spot geographically for the GNAC in all non-football sports too and right along an interstate.
    They definitely won't go down, and they also won't win anything significant in D-1 in 100 years or more.

5. Default Re: BREAKING: CWU Coach Shoemaker Heading to EWU

More on the football background of Coach Fisk https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...xperience.aspx
    Follow my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/CWUCrimsonCommitted

Quote Originally Posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
    More on the football background of Coach Fisk https://wildcatsports.com/news/2019/...xperience.aspx
    I liked when he listed the great CWU football coaches he skipped right over Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    I liked when he listed the great CWU football coaches he skipped right over Bennett.
    Bennett did an outstanding job at CWU, always wondered why he was hated. Certainly his success there should override boosters' feelings about him. Dan Devine wasn't beloved at Notre Dame and fired for not shaking enough boosters' hands, but he did have that interesting national title for the golden domers. I guess they should take away CWU's playoff appearances off the books if Bennett doesn't count, right?

Bennett did an outstanding job at CWU, always wondered why he was hated. Certainly his success there should override boosters' feelings about him. Dan Devine wasn't beloved at Notre Dame and fired for not shaking enough boosters' hands, but he did have that interesting national title for the golden domers. I guess they should take away CWU's playoff appearances off the books if Bennett doesn't count, right?
    Bennett had two playoff appearances in his 5 CWU seasons. His last three years were mediocre. His teams had issues with one year transfers being little more than one year mercenaries, nepotism, under achieving, and financial mismanagement. Add in his treatment of Coach Picha, and you might understand the problem. I liked Blaine, but also saw the unraveling of a well built program under his tenure. Your chavterization of the situation is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Bennett had two playoff appearances in his 5 CWU seasons. His last three years were mediocre. His teams had issues with one year transfers being little more than one year mercenaries, nepotism, under achieving, and financial mismanagement. I liked Blaine, but also saw the unraveling of a well built program under his tenure. Your chavterization of the situation is not correct.
    I don't think Blaine is warm and fuzzy, but to dismiss him as a bad coach and not worth of any recognition at CWU is insane. He had a pretty good record at CWU and should be counted as a worthy coach in CWU historical records, and being mentioned by current coaches. I also recall the one-year mercenaries were strongly defended on this board.

I don't think Blaine is warm and fuzzy, but to dismiss him as a bad coach and not worth of any recognition at CWU is insane. He had a pretty good record at CWU and should be counted as a worthy coach in CWU historical records, and being mentioned by current coaches. I also recall the one-year mercenaries were strongly defended on this board.
    He did well with Baldwin's kids. When it came to his recruits, the program declined, and there were some ethical issues. Plus, he called the damned sweep all the damned time...

He did well with Baldwin's kids. When it came to his recruits, the program declined, and there were some ethical issues. Plus, he called the damned sweep all the damned time...
    Weren't some of those also Coach Z's kids as Baldwin was there just 1 year?

Weren't some of those also Coach Z's kids as Baldwin was there just 1 year?
    Yeah. But as I remember it, Baldwin's recruiting class was excellent.

Yeah. But as I remember it, Baldwin's recruiting class was excellent.
    Not arguing that at all. Both were better recruiters than Bennett.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12