Thread: WT Mens basketball

Default WT Mens basketball

He is back!!! WTSU Maurice Cheeks bronze statue has been erected at the SE corner at the entrance of the Events Center. He packed the

civlc center in Amarillo when WT was D1.

Default Re: WT Mens basketball

Quote Originally Posted by exbuff72 View Post
    He is back!!! WTSU Maurice Cheeks bronze statue has been erected at the SE corner at the entrance of the Events Center. He packed the

civlc center in Amarillo when WT was D1.

I saw every home game Mo played at WT. And games at places like Drake, Creighton, Wichita, Southern Ill, and several others. He was the rare player who got demonstrably better every year. I remember driving by the Box one Sat night about 2:30 am after a night of fraternity drinking and debauchery. The lights were on. I parked and went in. Mo was shooting threes. I said hi! We talked a while. He said the only way he would ever become a better shooter is by working at it. And he did. As a freshen he was not a good shooter. Actually, he was a lousy shooter. He could put it on the floor and beat anyone at the glass. But hit an outside shot? Not likely.

Yet, he get's to the 76ers and has become an accurate even feared outside threat. Hard work. A great PG. A great defender, passer, shooter.

Good to see the recognition he deserves.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 02-22-2019 at 03:09 PM.

This is WT worst shooting I have seen all year. WT men looking really rough.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    This is WT worst shooting I have seen all year. WT men looking really rough.
    Uhh, they shot extremely well for the game. 13 or 14 threes.

LSC Back-to-Back regular season Champs!

I mean first half. They got rolling good and built the lead in the second. But they were missing open layups and jumpers in the first.
    Last edited by BuffTough; 02-23-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post

I saw every home game Mo played at WT. And games at places like Drake, Creighton, Wichita, Southern Ill, and several others. He was the rare player who got demonstrably better every year. I remember driving by the Box one Sat night about 2:30 am after a night of fraternity drinking and debauchery. The lights were on. I parked and went in. Mo was shooting threes. I said hi! We talked a while. He said the only way he would ever become a better shooter is by working at it. And he did. As a freshen he was not a good shooter. Actually, he was a lousy shooter. He could put it on the floor and beat anyone at the glass. But hit an outside shot? Not likely.

Yet, he get's to the 76ers and has become an accurate even feared outside threat. Hard work. A great PG. A great defender, passer, shooter.

Good to see the recognition he deserves.
    I didn't know they had 3s back in his day.