Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: OT: Robert Kraft

  1. #1

    Default OT: Robert Kraft

    Some heavy charges ...

  2. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Getting a few "rub and tugs"?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Home of the Rams
    Posts
    227
    Rep Power
    3255

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Yes, heavy charges, should get interesting.
    Last edited by Rams Fan; 02-23-2019 at 07:50 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Power
    60998

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    I can't resist a story with a happy ending.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denton County, TX
    Posts
    10,831
    Rep Power
    172230

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Some heavy charges ...
    Kinda troubling, but they're misdemeanors under Florida law. He'll probably get to go through a pre-trial diversion program (in Pennsylvania, it's called Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition) - and, to be fair, presuming most of the customers charged have no prior criminal charges, it'll likely be offered to most of those charged.

    As much as I detest the Patsies, Kraft would probably be the last person who I'd have pegged as being ensnared in such a scandal.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

  6. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I can't resist a story with a happy ending.


    Kraft is and always was a major scumbag! I'm ecstatic that he got caught and disgraced. Apparently there is full video of him having his fat knob polished according to the police. Hopefully he turns into the next internet sensation.

    His team is the biggest fraud ever in the long history of professional sports. There are not words to even begin to describe how much I hate those total b astards. I have not even a shard of respect for any of them. None at all.

    -

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Power
    55738

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post


    Kraft is and always was a major scumbag! I'm ecstatic that he got caught and disgraced. Apparently there is full video of him having his fat knob polished according to the police. Hopefully he turns into the next internet sensation.

    His team is the biggest fraud ever in the long history of professional sports. There are not words to even begin to describe how much I hate those total b astards. I have not even a shard of respect for any of them. None at all.

    -
    This has nothing to do with football at all.

    And at some point, you simply have to take the black and gold blinders off. New England is the best franchise in the history of football now. Not the Steelers. Greatest coach of all time. Greatest quarterback of all time. And it isn't even close. The Steelers, and their fans, should spend more time trying to emulate the Patriots than grasping at straws to tear apart what they've accomplished. You want to say they were marred with scandal during their first two Super Bowls? I'm okay with that. Don't tell me a deflated football impacted them winning a Super Bowl or not a few years ago. At some point you just have to accept the reality of the situation. They're a great football team. Well-coached, disciplined, and prepared for every situation they may encounter within the confines of the football game.

    And I got news for you, they aren't done yet either. None of this changes in the NFL until their head coach and quarterback are gone. What that organization has managed to do in a salary capped league and in an era where more guys seem to only care about money, self-promotion, and their brand, is truly remarkable. It's about nothing else other than the team and winning in that organization. I don't like the Patriots, but I respect the hell out of them. What they've done won't ever be accomplished in sports again. Ever.

    Consider this... Last week I turned 26. I was 7 years old when New England won their first Super Bowl in 2001. And here we are 19 years later and they're still winning Super Bowls and don't show any signs of slowing down. They are in the mix every year. It's remarkable. It's time to take off the blinders. When you compare the Steelers to New England, you quickly realize there isn't much of a comparison. At least not anymore.

    As for Kraft, he'll get something. Whatever this thing is, he wasn't running it. Don't expect the Patriots to go up for sale or for him to spend the remainder of his days behind bars. Regardless, Kraft's involvement in this doesn't take away the 6 Super Bowls that New England has won in the last 19 years. Seems like a lot of people think that is what this means. And to those people, I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Etters PA
    Posts
    1,265
    Rep Power
    60998

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    As for Kraft, he'll get something.
    You bet he will. A love tap on the shoulder from Roger "You Own Me" Goodell.

  9. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post


    Kraft is and always was a major scumbag! I'm ecstatic that he got caught and disgraced. Apparently there is full video of him having his fat knob polished according to the police. Hopefully he turns into the next internet sensation.

    His team is the biggest fraud ever in the long history of professional sports. There are not words to even begin to describe how much I hate those total b astards. I have not even a shard of respect for any of them. None at all.

    -
    Oh please. I’ll be content to still be breathing if I make it to 77. The fact that he can still get “in position” at that age is downright admirable.

    Now if he has any involvement in the human trafficking aspect of this case, that’s another matter, but there’s absolutely no evidence of that so far and I’d be truly shocked if he is.

    As for the football side of this, I agree with IUP24 1000%

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    19,377
    Rep Power
    69258

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Oh please. I’ll be content to still be breathing if I make it to 77. The fact that he can still get “in position” at that age is downright admirable.

    Now if he has any involvement in the human trafficking aspect of this case, that’s another matter, but there’s absolutely no evidence of that so far and I’d be truly shocked if he is.

    As for the football side of this, I agree with IUP24 1000%
    That will only add to the part of this that we're not really talking about - human trafficking side.

    I don't buy his defense that he's an accidental actor in this. How many billionaires visit a strip mall massage business when they need something rubbed out? (I know, sorry). This isn't a billionaire with a craving for McDonalds. Plus its probably safe to assume someone with his means who enjoys the company of sex workers would use an avenue designed for people of his status. Something doesn't line up.

  11. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    That will only add to the part of this that we're not really talking about - human trafficking side.

    I don't buy his defense that he's an accidental actor in this. How many billionaires visit a strip mall massage business when they need something rubbed out? (I know, sorry). This isn't a billionaire with a craving for McDonalds. Plus its probably safe to assume someone with his means who enjoys the company of sex workers would use an avenue designed for people of his status. Something doesn't line up.
    Interesting point. Perhaps “truly shocked” was the wrong choice of words on my part. Money and power can certainly bankrupt a person morally.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lionville, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    94,606
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default

    The memes on this are glorious.

    I posted a few on the OT...

  13. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    This has nothing to do with football at all.

    And at some point, you simply have to take the black and gold blinders off. New England is the best franchise in the history of football now. Not the Steelers. Greatest coach of all time. Greatest quarterback of all time. And it isn't even close. The Steelers, and their fans, should spend more time trying to emulate the Patriots than grasping at straws to tear apart what they've accomplished. You want to say they were marred with scandal during their first two Super Bowls? I'm okay with that. Don't tell me a deflated football impacted them winning a Super Bowl or not a few years ago. At some point you just have to accept the reality of the situation. They're a great football team. Well-coached, disciplined, and prepared for every situation they may encounter within the confines of the football game.

    And I got news for you, they aren't done yet either. None of this changes in the NFL until their head coach and quarterback are gone. What that organization has managed to do in a salary capped league and in an era where more guys seem to only care about money, self-promotion, and their brand, is truly remarkable. It's about nothing else other than the team and winning in that organization. I don't like the Patriots, but I respect the hell out of them. What they've done won't ever be accomplished in sports again. Ever.

    Consider this... Last week I turned 26. I was 7 years old when New England won their first Super Bowl in 2001. And here we are 19 years later and they're still winning Super Bowls and don't show any signs of slowing down. They are in the mix every year. It's remarkable. It's time to take off the blinders. When you compare the Steelers to New England, you quickly realize there isn't much of a comparison. At least not anymore.

    As for Kraft, he'll get something. Whatever this thing is, he wasn't running it. Don't expect the Patriots to go up for sale or for him to spend the remainder of his days behind bars. Regardless, Kraft's involvement in this doesn't take away the 6 Super Bowls that New England has won in the last 19 years. Seems like a lot of people think that is what this means. And to those people, I'm afraid I've got some bad news...
    I guess there is really no sense in opening the proverbial Pandora's Box over everything this organization has done and benefitted from over the past bunch of years. Let's face it---that would be a rather involved and extensive conversation there.

    While I do find agreement in what you say about the Steelers as they are an absolute hot mess. They could indeed greatly benefit from getting some players with some intelligence and discipline as well as a coach who kept things in order. I think one of your problems in viewing this is that you just haven't been around long enough to witness what the real and actual NFL dynasties looked like. Trust me-----Bart Starr's Packers, Terry Bradshaw's Steelers, Joe Montana's 49ers, and Troy Aikman's Cowboys were actual dominant teams on the field. They did not rely on a weird and strange bevy of oddball refs calls and known and documented cheating scandals.

    Those real NFL dynasty teams I mentioned NEVER had to rely on such crap as Spygate, the Tuck Rule, Deflategate, Dee Ford offsides, a peculiar consistently weak division that enabled them to get top seeds every year, etc. They were real football teams who overpowered the opposition and people had respect for them. Just wait until the football historians get their hands on the legacy of the Cheaters from Boston and see how well-regarded they are.

    But you are entitled to your opinions just the same as I am. I am merely just trying to show you what existed with the NFL's elite before these clowns showed up. Big difference.

    Let's just be happy that Kraft has been caught doing something wrong here and will have to pay for it.

    -

  14. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I guess there is really no sense in opening the proverbial Pandora's Box over everything this organization has done and benefitted from over the past bunch of years. Let's face it---that would be a rather involved and extensive conversation there.

    While I do find agreement in what you say about the Steelers as they are an absolute hot mess. They could indeed greatly benefit from getting some players with some intelligence and discipline as well as a coach who kept things in order. I think one of your problems in viewing this is that you just haven't been around long enough to witness what the real and actual NFL dynasties looked like. Trust me-----Bart Starr's Packers, Terry Bradshaw's Steelers, Joe Montana's 49ers, and Troy Aikman's Cowboys were actual dominant teams on the field. They did not rely on a weird and strange bevy of oddball refs calls and known and documented cheating scandals.

    Those real NFL dynasty teams I mentioned NEVER had to rely on such crap as Spygate, the Tuck Rule, Deflategate, Dee Ford offsides, a peculiar consistently weak division that enabled them to get top seeds every year, etc. They were real football teams who overpowered the opposition and people had respect for them. Just wait until the football historians get their hands on the legacy of the Cheaters from Boston and see how well-regarded they are.

    But you are entitled to your opinions just the same as I am. I am merely just trying to show you what existed with the NFL's elite before these clowns showed up. Big difference.

    Let's just be happy that Kraft has been caught doing something wrong here and will have to pay for it.

    -
    Yinzer denial. Of course the Steelers of the 70s overpowered their opponents. Most of the team was juiced out of their heads on steroids.

  15. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yinzer denial. Of course the Steelers of the 70s overpowered their opponents. Most of the team was juiced out of their heads on steroids.
    Very true. And don't forget the Mike Renfro non-TD call that benefitted the Stillers in the '80 AFC title game.

    I think that Kraft must be juiced up on Viagra these days.

  16. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Very true. And don't forget the Mike Renfro non-TD call that benefitted the Stillers in the '80 AFC title game.

    I think that Kraft must be juiced up on Viagra these days.
    And even though it didn’t lead directly to a Super Bowl win, who knows if the Steeler dynasty gets off the ground without the biggest fluke play in the history of football, that probably wasn’t even a legal play in those days.

    Kraft does have a 39 year old girlfriend in addition to his fondness for the happy ending spas. A man has to do what is necessary to be ready.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,726
    Rep Power
    55738

    Default OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I guess there is really no sense in opening the proverbial Pandora's Box over everything this organization has done and benefitted from over the past bunch of years. Let's face it---that would be a rather involved and extensive conversation there.

    While I do find agreement in what you say about the Steelers as they are an absolute hot mess. They could indeed greatly benefit from getting some players with some intelligence and discipline as well as a coach who kept things in order. I think one of your problems in viewing this is that you just haven't been around long enough to witness what the real and actual NFL dynasties looked like. Trust me-----Bart Starr's Packers, Terry Bradshaw's Steelers, Joe Montana's 49ers, and Troy Aikman's Cowboys were actual dominant teams on the field. They did not rely on a weird and strange bevy of oddball refs calls and known and documented cheating scandals.

    Those real NFL dynasty teams I mentioned NEVER had to rely on such crap as Spygate, the Tuck Rule, Deflategate, Dee Ford offsides, a peculiar consistently weak division that enabled them to get top seeds every year, etc. They were real football teams who overpowered the opposition and people had respect for them. Just wait until the football historians get their hands on the legacy of the Cheaters from Boston and see how well-regarded they are.

    But you are entitled to your opinions just the same as I am. I am merely just trying to show you what existed with the NFL's elite before these clowns showed up. Big difference.

    Let's just be happy that Kraft has been caught doing something wrong here and will have to pay for it.

    -

    Those were different eras of football. No salary cap. No free agency. Far fewer teams to compete against. There was a greater opportunity to win every year. With the science and technology invested in fitness, conditioning, and nutrition today, those guys in those previous eras aren’t in the same stratosphere of the athletes playing professionally today.

    You simply can’t deny what the Patriots have done. And I’m a Steelers fan. BB is the greatest coach of all time. TB is the greatest QB of all time.

    Rely on Dee Ford being offsides? I don’t get your logic. He was offsides. The correct call on the field was made. Do you know what truly makes New England great? They don’t make mistakes like that. They never do. And when you make that mistake, they make you pay.

    And again, I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that a football a few psi under what it was supposed to be inflated to caused New England to win a super bowl.

    This is an era of social media and self-promotion. Yet somehow New England just gets a bunch of guys that want to win championships. Discipline, structure, and accountability always wins. Always.

    And to use your words, the football historians have already spoken about the New England Patriots. Greatest coach of all time. Greatest quarterback of all time. Best franchise in the history of the sport. Anybody still bringing up the Tuck Rule is grasping at straws.

    Gotta take the blinders off.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Those were different eras of football. No salary cap. No free agency. Far fewer teams to compete against. There was a greater opportunity to win every year. With the science and technology invested in fitness, conditioning, and nutrition today, those guys in those previous eras aren’t in the same stratosphere of the athletes playing professionally today.

    You simply can’t deny what the Patriots have done. And I’m a Steelers fan. BB is the greatest coach of all time. TB is the greatest QB of all time.

    Rely on Dee Ford being offsides? I don’t get your logic. He was offsides. The correct call on the field was made. Do you know what truly makes New England great? They don’t make mistakes like that. They never do. And when you make that mistake, they make you pay.

    And again, I’m sorry, I just don’t buy that a football a few psi under what it was supposed to be inflated to caused New England to win a super bowl.

    This is an era of social media and self-promotion. Yet somehow New England just gets a bunch of guys that want to win championships. Discipline, structure, and accountability always wins. Always.

    And to use your words, the football historians have already spoken about the New England Patriots. Greatest coach of all time. Greatest quarterback of all time. Best franchise in the history of the sport. Anybody still bringing up the Tuck Rule is grasping at straws.

    Gotta take the blinders off.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We can agree that we feel differently on the matter.

    Greatest QB that I ever saw play? That's easy. John Elway. There was never anyone before him or after him that had his skills. Rocket arm that could launch 75-yard passes on the run and 4.5 speed in his younger days.

    Belicheat was a complete bum and a washout with the Browns in the early to mid '90s.

    Best coach? I'll take Bill Walsh of the 49ers. He actually innovated the game and greatly changed how it was played. And no endless bag of dirty tricks with him. He was legit.

    Okay, Belicheat was an outstanding d-coordinator as evidenced by his Giants days.

    -

  19. Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    We can agree that we feel differently on the matter.

    Greatest QB that I ever saw play? That's easy. John Elway. There was never anyone before him or after him that had his skills. Rocket arm that could launch 75-yard passes on the run and 4.5 speed in his younger days.

    Belicheat was a complete bum and a washout with the Browns in the early to mid '90s.

    Best coach? I'll take Bill Walsh of the 49ers. He actually innovated the game and greatly changed how it was played. And no endless bag of dirty tricks with him. He was legit.

    Okay, Belicheat was an outstanding d-coordinator as evidenced by his Giants days.

    -
    Dig a little deeper into Belichick’s tenure in Cleveland. Or just watch the NFL Network A Football Life on the 95 Browns. He was building something there with a pretty incredible staff of coaches and front office talent. They were a playoff team in 94 and a trendy Super Bowl pick in 95 and were off to something like a 5-1 or 5-2 start. And then the move to Baltimore became public and it all fell apart. If Art Modell hadn’t pulled the rug out from under everyone, who knows how things would’ve wound up.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    634
    Rep Power
    6391

    Default Re: OT: Robert Kraft

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Dig a little deeper into Belichick’s tenure in Cleveland. Or just watch the NFL Network A Football Life on the 95 Browns. He was building something there with a pretty incredible staff of coaches and front office talent. They were a playoff team in 94 and a trendy Super Bowl pick in 95 and were off to something like a 5-1 or 5-2 start. And then the move to Baltimore became public and it all fell apart. If Art Modell hadn’t pulled the rug out from under everyone, who knows how things would’ve wound up.
    You beat me to it Chuck. That is a pretty good documentary and it showed how the team just fell apart once Art Modell announced moving the team to Baltimore. You will see a ton of guys on that staff that are now head coaches, assistant coaches and a few execs around the NCAA and NFL. Would love to watch it again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •