Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Schedule

Blog Entries
    Contribute to D2

Default 2019 Schedule

St. A announced their 2019 schedule this week and the extra week for the NE-10 schedule has been solved. Like about 10 years ago or so, they will play a non-conference game against a fellow NE-10 school.

St A and Assumption will play each other twice. Here is the quote from the release:

With the departure of LIU Post and Merrimack to NCAA Division I, the new scheduling arrangement in the Northeast-10 Conference requires each team to play one of the league's nine programs twice. This year, the Hawks and the Greyhounds from Assumption College will do battle in a home-and-home series – the first meeting will not count toward NE10 standings.

Thoughts?

2. Default Re: 2019 Schedule

I had a feeling this was going to happen.

Default Re: 2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Falewicz View Post
    St. A announced their 2019 schedule this week and the extra week for the NE-10 schedule has been solved. Like about 10 years ago or so, they will play a non-conference game against a fellow NE-10 school.

St A and Assumption will play each other twice. Here is the quote from the release:

With the departure of LIU Post and Merrimack to NCAA Division I, the new scheduling arrangement in the Northeast-10 Conference requires each team to play one of the league's nine programs twice. This year, the Hawks and the Greyhounds from Assumption College will do battle in a home-and-home series – the first meeting will not count toward NE10 standings.

Thoughts?
    Necessary...guess the rest of the league is doing it as well?

Maybe New Haven will play another game against Southern?
    Last edited by cwfenn; 02-21-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cwfenn View Post
    Necessary...guess the rest of the league is doing it as well?

Maybe New Haven will play another game against Southern?
    Apparently not. Franklin Pierce posted their schedule, which apparently includes Merrimack, but no "return game" against an NE-10 opponent. FPU opens the season against D3 Wesley, then open NE-10 play two weeks later in Rindge against Pace.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Last edited by ctrabs74; 04-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Apparently not. Franklin Pierce posted their schedule, which apparently includes Merrimack, but no "return game" against an NE-10 opponent. FPU opens the season against D3 Wesley, then open NE-10 play two weeks later in Rindge against Pace.
    Interesting - FPU’s OOC games are against a D3 school and a now-former NE10. Thinking Merrimack and Post will schedule a few NE10 opponents over the next couple years.

Interesting - FPU’s OOC games are against a D3 school and a now-former NE10. Thinking Merrimack and Post will schedule a few NE10 opponents over the next couple years.
    Really strange what FP is billing as their "Inaugural NCAA Division II game" is against a D3 school.

Thoughts?
    With the NE10 struggling to fill holes and the GMAC struggling to fill holes, sure seems like the two conferences could have solved a chunk of each other's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    With the NE10 struggling to fill holes and the GMAC struggling to fill holes, sure seems like the two conferences could have solved a chunk of each other's problems.
    The travel distances might be a bit of a deal-killer. New England to Ohio isn't exactly a short trip...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    The travel distances might be a bit of a deal-killer. New England to Ohio isn't exactly a short trip...
    Considering Eastern New Mexico travelled to West Liberty in 2017, I'd say New England and the GMAC are in each other's back yard In all seriousness though, the PSAC and MEC and teams like Bowie State in the CIAA would be more ideal as far as travel goes--previous schedule engagements notwithstanding.

Would NE10 teams receive payouts from LIU-Post and Merrimack as is customary when scheduling a D-1 opponent?
    I can be reached at raymond.franze@d2football.com.

Assumption 2019 Schedule Posted.

September
    Sat. 7 at Kutztown, PA 12:00 PM
    Sat. 14 Saint Anselm * 1:00 PM
    Sat. 21 at Southern Conn. St. * TBA
    Fri. 27 Franklin Pierce * 7:00 PM
    October
    Sat. 5 Bentley * Family Weekend 4:00 PM
    Sat. 12 at Pace * TBA
    Sat. 19 at American Int'l * TBA
    Sat. 26 Stonehill * Homecoming 1:00 PM
    November
    Sat. 9 New Haven * Senior Day 1:00 PM
    Sat. 16 at Saint Anselm * 1:00 PM

Blog Entries

New Haven's schedule is out as well.

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...-for-2019.aspx

New Haven's schedule is out as well.

https://newhavenchargers.com/news/20...-for-2019.aspx
    They have a bye week in the middle of the season. I think they were looking for a game on 10/26 but I guess couldn’t get one.

Whatever wizardry they pulled to get Ju’An Williams and Devin Martin another year - sure hope there’s some to get a new QB ready!

They have a bye week in the middle of the season. I think they were looking for a game on 10/26 but I guess couldn’t get one.

Whatever wizardry they pulled to get Ju’An Williams and Devin Martin another year - sure hope there’s some to get a new QB ready!
    Ju'An Williams - prior to transferring to New Haven, his last profile on AIC web site shows him as a Redshirt Soph during 2017 season:

https://aicyellowjackets.com/roster....&path=football
    So this should mean he has one more athletic season left.

Devin Martin - Looks like he received a medical redshirt since he only played one game last year:

https://newhavenchargers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10160

15. Default Re: 2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Ju'An Williams - prior to transferring to New Haven, his last profile on AIC web site shows him as a Redshirt Soph during 2017 season:

https://aicyellowjackets.com/roster....&path=football
    So this should mean he has one more athletic season left.

Devin Martin - Looks like he received a medical redshirt since he only played one game last year:

https://newhavenchargers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=10160
    I was thinking the same thing. The AIC website was wrong. He was a redshirt senior that year and he graduated that year so I thought he had one more year on the field.

His cousin Cody, former Assumption QB (graduated) has a invite to the CFL's Calgary Stampeder's mini camp.

17. Default Re: 2019 Schedule

Whatever wizardry they pulled to getJu’An Williams and Devin Martin another year - sure hope there’s some to get a new QB ready!
    Keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Bentley at West Chester to start the season:

http://www.bentleyfalcons.com/sports...19-20/schedule

It looks like they will play another year at UNH according to the spring roster.

20. Default Re: 2019 Schedule

AIC schedule was finally released. They play Bowie State for a OOC game and play Bentley twice. Not a bad schedule. Any info on Bowie state? I know they are a pretty good team.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast