Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Apparently he was part owner of a whore house in Dallas disguised as a massage parlor. I will add a link to the story once I get to the office. Unreal. Lol.
    Edit: assistant head coach on the mens team.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South to the Alamo and North to Denver
    Posts
    3,056
    Rep Power
    62949

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Apparently he was part owner of a whore house in Dallas disguised as a massage parlor. I will add a link to the story once I get to the office. Unreal. Lol.
    Edit: assistant head coach on the mens team.
    Wow, human trafficking involved...

    http://frontporchnewstexas.com/index...-prostitution/

    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...assage-parlors
    Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 02-21-2019 at 12:59 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    I always thought he looked like he belonged on The Sopranos. Turns out I was right!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd stall on the left
    Posts
    4,068
    Rep Power
    63817

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    I always assumed that you had to own a massage parlor a few years before you could work you way into a head coach gig. Part of the deal.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,213
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I always thought he looked like he belonged on The Sopranos. Turns out I was right!
    He is CROATIAN, but thanks for the stereotyping of us Italian Americans.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14,954
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Were there any recruiting violations?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    portales, nm
    Posts
    4,973
    Rep Power
    445854

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Were there any recruiting violations?
    HE HE HE..... I wonder how many recruits got a free "Oral exam" preperation. Or motivational tutoring?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,422
    Rep Power
    178893

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Dang, there goes my plans for when I visit Dallas in a couple of weeks.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    He is CROATIAN, but thanks for the stereotyping of us Italian Americans.
    LMAO!!!! Not like they don't have a long history of organized crime under their belts. Nevertheless, each person should be judged on their merit not others. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.

    On another note, he does look the part of the crime boss. Although organized crime never went over well in East Texas, probably why he ventured into Dallas. The main reason is when you threaten one person in those towns you fail to realize that everyone in that town is kinfolk. Kinda of like threatening everyone in that town. Another thing about small East Texas towns when a stranger comes into town they immediately notify each other that some one new is here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    South to the Alamo and North to Denver
    Posts
    3,056
    Rep Power
    62949

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    He also use to be at Angelo State and ACU right?

    EDIT: Yep



    Last edited by WT_ALUM08; 02-21-2019 at 01:31 PM.

  11. Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    And was head coach at Odessa College, right?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,213
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    LMAO!!!! Not like they don't have a long history of organized crime under their belts. Nevertheless, each person should be judged on their merit not others. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your relatives.

    On another note, he does look the part of the crime boss. Although organized crime never went over well in East Texas, probably why he ventured into Dallas. The main reason is when you threaten one person in those towns you fail to realize that everyone in that town is kinfolk. Kinda of like threatening everyone in that town. Another thing about small East Texas towns when a stranger comes into town they immediately notify each other that some one new is here.
    You are an idiot.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    He is CROATIAN, but thanks for the stereotyping of us Italian Americans.
    My apologies, I was trying to stereotype actors.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,213
    Rep Power
    55747

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    My apologies, I was trying to stereotype actors.
    Gotcha

  15. #15

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    You are an idiot.
    Lighten up Frances. It’s all in good humor

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    portales, nm
    Posts
    4,973
    Rep Power
    445854

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Have to wonder how this is going to affect the HC and department. This wasnt just a guy laundering money, or embezzeling, Im sure details are going to come out that point to human trafficing, kidnapping, holding people against their will, drugs etc.

    A coaching friend said if he were a parent or booster his first couple questions to the HC would be, "How could you have someone doing something like this and not know, second how does this not also reflect on your character."

    The second pair had deposited 6 million dollars into a casino woth no proof of income. I wonder how much Marc had and if any of that was funneled to Commerce.

    The more i read and think this is the craziest thing ive seen since Penn St.
    Last edited by Boohaha; 02-22-2019 at 03:19 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Have to wonder how this is going to affect the HC and department. This wasnt just a guy laundering money, or embezzeling, Im sure details are going to come out that point to human trafficing, kidnapping, holding people against their will, drugs etc.

    A coaching friend said if he were a parent or booster his first couple questions to the HC would be, "How could you have someone doing something like this and not know, second how does this not also reflect on your character."

    The second pair had deposited 6 million dollars into a casino woth no proof of income. I wonder how much Marc had and if any of that was funneled to Commerce.

    The more i read and think this is the craziest thing ive seen since Penn St.
    Yeah this is getting worse and worse. I expect there will be long term damage to the program. I really like the head coach. He is a genuinely nice guy and comes off as a bit of a boy scout in the conversations I've had with him, to be honest. He is just in his 2nd year - 20+ wins in both seasons and likely another national tournament appearance this year. BUT, the air really needs to be cleared and if he even suspected anything like this was even a remote possibility and just went on about his business then he has to go. I really hope that isn't the case - I have a hard time believing it could be the case, but we need to fully understand the situation, no matter where it leads.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,747
    Rep Power
    658376

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Yeah this is getting worse and worse. I expect there will be long term damage to the program. I really like the head coach. He is a genuinely nice guy and comes off as a bit of a boy scout in the conversations I've had with him, to be honest. He is just in his 2nd year - 20+ wins in both seasons and likely another national tournament appearance this year. BUT, the air really needs to be cleared and if he even suspected anything like this was even a remote possibility and just went on about his business then he has to go. I really hope that isn't the case - I have a hard time believing it could be the case, but we need to fully understand the situation, no matter where it leads.
    When the UPS guy showed up at the BB office with 88 dozen boxes of condoms for Maric, were eyebrows not raised?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    When the UPS guy showed up at the BB office with 88 dozen boxes of condoms for Maric, were eyebrows not raised?
    nah, he told everybody they were water balloons for his kids birthday party. Seemed legit.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    portales, nm
    Posts
    4,973
    Rep Power
    445854

    Default Re: Commerce assistant bb coach arrested

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    When the UPS guy showed up at the BB office with 88 dozen boxes of condoms for Maric, were eyebrows not raised?
    Please tell me this is a joke....please

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •