Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 100

Thread: Regional Rankings 2019

  1. #1

  2. #2

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Little surprised that Lewis is second, but I agree with it. NMU surprised me. I think quality losses mean something.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    To save people the clicks:

    Men's-
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 Bellarmine 19-3 19-3
    2 Lewis 16-4 16-4
    3 Findlay 19-3 19-3
    4 Ashland 16-4 16-4
    5 Southern Indiana 16-6 15-6
    6 UIndy 14-6 14-4
    7 Ferris State 15-9 15-9
    8 Northern Michigan 15-9 15-9
    9 Hillsdale 15-7 15-7
    10 Missouri-St. Louis 13-7 13-7

    Women's-
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 Drury 24-0 22-0
    2 Lewis 21-2 21-2
    3 Grand Valley State 21-2 21-2
    4 Ashland 23-2 23-2
    5 Northern Michigan 18-6 18-6
    6 Truman 19-5 17-5
    7 Southern Indiana 15-7 15-7
    8 Michigan Tech 18-7 18-7
    9 Kentucky Wesleyan 16-5 16-5
    10 Cedarville 16-6 16-6

  4. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    I am a bit confused......Are these rankings the computer generated rankings (PI, RPI or NET etc....) or are they actually the way the committee ranks them as of now? Meaning the committee has done all the evaluating and looking at schedules and records and these are the 8 if the season ended today, which obviously it does not.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestHoops View Post
    I am a bit confused......Are these rankings the computer generated rankings (PI, RPI or NET etc....) or are they actually the way the committee ranks them as of now? Meaning the committee has done all the evaluating and looking at schedules and records and these are the 8 if the season ended today, which obviously it does not.
    These are the official rankings by the NCAA regional committee, so, it's closest to your example of "if the season ended today, what would the regional look like." There will be two more updates, one each of the next two Wednesdays before the official selection show on Sunday, March 10

  6. #6

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Results this week:

    MEN:
    1. Bellarmine: W 96-66 vs. #6 UIndy; SAT vs. #2 Lewis
    2. Lewis: W 83-73 @ #5 Southern Indiana; SAT at #1 Bellarmine
    3. Findlay: W 106-66 vs. Wilberforce (non D2); W 89-63 at Ohio Dominican; SAT at Ohio Valley
    4. Ashland: W 83-77 vs. Northwood; SAT vs. Saginaw Valley
    5. Southern Indiana: L 73-83 vs. #2 Lewis; SAT vs. #6 UIndy
    6. UIndy: L 66-96 at #1 Bellarmine; SAT at #5 Southern Indiana
    7. Ferris State: W 83-69 vs. Purdue Northwest; SAT vs. Parkside
    8. Northern Michigan: L 62-85 vs. Grand Valley; SAT vs. Davenport
    9. Hillsdale: W 79-48 at Ohio Valley; SAT at Ohio Dominican
    10. Missouri-St. Louis: L 62-73 vs. Drury; SAT vs. Missouri S&T

    WOMEN:
    1. Drury: W 79-37 at Missouri-St. Louis; SAT at Maryville
    2. Lewis: W 72-57 at #7 Southern Indiana; SAT at Bellarmine
    3. Grand Valley: W 50-37 at #5 Northern Michigan; SAT at #8 Michigan Tech
    4. Ashland: W 84-65 vs. Northwood; SAT vs. Saginaw Valley
    5. Northern Michigan: L 37-50 vs. #3 Grand Valley; SAT vs. Davenport
    6. Truman: SAT at Quincy
    7. Southern Indiana: L 57-72 vs. #2 Lewis; SAT vs. UIndy
    8. Michigan Tech: W 72-53 vs. Davenport; SAT vs. #3 Grand Valley
    9. Kentucky Wesleyan: W 66-62 vs. Davis & Elkins; SAT vs. Alderson Broaddus
    10. Cedarville: W 72-52 vs. Lake Erie; SAT vs. Ursuline

  7. #7

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Bellarmine, Ashland, UIndy, Ferris, Northern and Hillsdale all lost today.

  8. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Road to to the elite 8 should go though the Flyer Hanger. There is not dispute they are the best team in the region.

  9. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Agree, Lewis is the team to beat right now!

  10. #10

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Full results from last week:

    MEN:
    1. Bellarmine: W 96-66 vs. #6 UIndy; L 62-63 vs. #2 Lewis
    2. Lewis: W 83-73 @ #5 Southern Indiana; W 63-62 at #1 Bellarmine
    3. Findlay: W 106-66 vs. Wilberforce (non D2); W 89-63 at Ohio Dominican; W 76-60 at Ohio Valley
    4. Ashland: W 83-77 vs. Northwood; L 56-59 vs. Saginaw Valley
    5. Southern Indiana: L 73-83 vs. #2 Lewis; W 67-65 vs. #6 UIndy
    6. UIndy: L 66-96 at #1 Bellarmine; L 65-67 at #5 Southern Indiana
    7. Ferris State: W 83-69 vs. Purdue Northwest; L 59-66 vs. Parkside
    8. Northern Michigan: L 62-85 vs. Grand Valley; L 71-74 vs. Davenport
    9. Hillsdale: W 79-48 at Ohio Valley; L 55-68 at Ohio Dominican
    10. Missouri-St. Louis: L 62-73 vs. Drury; W 68-56 vs. Missouri S&T

    WOMEN:
    1. Drury: W 79-37 at Missouri-St. Louis; W 80-57 at Maryville
    2. Lewis: W 72-57 at #7 Southern Indiana; W 78-77 at Bellarmine
    3. Grand Valley: W 50-37 at #5 Northern Michigan; W 75-46 at #8 Michigan Tech
    4. Ashland: W 84-65 vs. Northwood; W 99-84 vs. Saginaw Valley
    5. Northern Michigan: L 37-50 vs. #3 Grand Valley; W 64-42 vs. Davenport
    6. Truman: W 79-56 at Quincy
    7. Southern Indiana: L 57-72 vs. #2 Lewis; W 80-73 vs. UIndy
    8. Michigan Tech: W 72-53 vs. Davenport; L 46-75 vs. #3 Grand Valley
    9. Kentucky Wesleyan: W 66-62 vs. Davis & Elkins; W 78-48 vs. Alderson Broaddus
    10. Cedarville: W 72-52 vs. Lake Erie; W 102-80 vs. Ursuline[/QUOTE]

  11. #11

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    This was a very heavy week with most of the ranked teams taking losses.

    For the men, my prediction for this week's rankings:
    1. Lewis (is there any debate?)
    2. Bellarmine (barely a gap between #2 and 3. Findlay is on a 9 game streak, but has had a much easier SOS than BU)
    3. Findlay
    4. Ashland (gap between 4 and 5 was wide last week, but is very narrow now that Ashland lost at SVSU)
    5. Southern Indiana
    6. UIndy
    7. Ferris
    8. Hillsdale
    9. Northern Michigan
    10. Walsh (this was the toughest one to pick. Walsh [15-7] is currently riding a 9 game streak, but against some weaker competition. We'll see if they can handle Lake Erie in their Finale on Thursday)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Not sure how Hillsdale and NMU maintain their positions after bad weeks. Over at the Drury thread, TSU Mike thinks Dury could get in there, he may be right. I think Drury may be the most likely team to capture an underdog conf. tournament championship.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    I think the top 5 are in the tourney. UIndy and Ferris probably need to win their remaining regular season games and then they are in for sure(barring two unexpected winners of conference tourneys.) As for number 8, I think Walsh is in the driver's seat if they win the rest of their games except for Findlay, if they play in the GMAC tourney. Hillsdale would need UIndy, Ferris or Walsh to lose in the regular season and then win all their games except for Findlay in GMAC tourney. Most likely scenario, however, is each of these teams falter and Drury gets in at no. 6!

  14. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Don’t sleep on Parkside.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Not sure how Hillsdale and NMU maintain their positions after bad weeks. Over at the Drury thread, TSU Mike thinks Dury could get in there, he may be right. I think Drury may be the most likely team to capture an underdog conf. tournament championship.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    As for No.1:
    Lewis, if they win remaining regular season games and wins one or two in GLVC tourney
    BU, must win rest of games including GLVC tourney and (1) a win over Lewis in tourney or (2) Lewis loses a remaining regular season game.
    Findlay, must win rest of games and Lewis lose twice and most likely BU lose once. (Good argument UF would not need BU to lose but the rankings this week will let us know.)
    Ashland, must win out and the other three lose twice each.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    The bottom of the list was pretty tough to rationalize. There were so many losses in that range of the rankings to really get a good feel. We also don't know how much gap there is between them and the next teams left out of the poll. I'm thinking there is enough of a gap that they can stay in.


    If I exclude Davenport and Oakland City from my data, Hillsdale is #7 (regionally) in win% and #20 in OW%. NMU is #16 win% and #6 OW%. These combinations indicate that both teams are good.

    For Drury, I'm thinking it's too late for them to really break into the rankings, even if they deserve it lately, based on how many losses they racked up early on. Their record puts them at #18 for win% and #24 for OW% - not a great combination. However, they are now 5-5 on ranked teams, tied with USI. So maybe there is a chance. I do agree, they are definitely the underdog to watch.

  17. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Drury get 2 likely wins at home this week. If they get Indy round 1 in the conference tourney, that could be an elimination game. They win then they get a shot at Lewis in the second round, which is a golden opportunity for them. I say Drury gets in....

    Quote Originally Posted by schnautza View Post
    The bottom of the list was pretty tough to rationalize. There were so many losses in that range of the rankings to really get a good feel. We also don't know how much gap there is between them and the next teams left out of the poll. I'm thinking there is enough of a gap that they can stay in.


    If I exclude Davenport and Oakland City from my data, Hillsdale is #7 (regionally) in win% and #20 in OW%. NMU is #16 win% and #6 OW%. These combinations indicate that both teams are good.

    For Drury, I'm thinking it's too late for them to really break into the rankings, even if they deserve it lately, based on how many losses they racked up early on. Their record puts them at #18 for win% and #24 for OW% - not a great combination. However, they are now 5-5 on ranked teams, tied with USI. So maybe there is a chance. I do agree, they are definitely the underdog to watch.

  18. Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I think the top 5 are in the tourney. UIndy and Ferris probably need to win their remaining regular season games and then they are in for sure(barring two unexpected winners of conference tourneys.) As for number 8, I think Walsh is in the driver's seat if they win the rest of their games except for Findlay, if they play in the GMAC tourney. Hillsdale would need UIndy, Ferris or Walsh to lose in the regular season and then win all their games except for Findlay in GMAC tourney. Most likely scenario, however, is each of these teams falter and Drury gets in at no. 6!
    While I agree with belief that top 5 are in, don't underestimate the ability of USI to play to level of competition and thus lose to IL-Springfield like they did last year. If USI falls in first GLVC game also and there are a couple of conference upsets then USI may be on outside like last year.

    This scenario is a huge longshot because G-Mac will only get 2 bids regardless of an upset unlike last year. That leaves 6 bids left with 3 of them going to Lewis, Bell and Ashland. Now down to 3 bids...GLVC or GLIAC could have upset winners leaving 2 bids left. I don't see how USI would be left out of those 2.
    Last edited by WKYDave; 02-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by bkingbroker View Post
    Drury get 2 likely wins at home this week. If they get Indy round 1 in the conference tourney, that could be an elimination game. They win then they get a shot at Lewis in the second round, which is a golden opportunity for them. I say Drury gets in....
    Yes. If Drury wins last two plus a
    Game in mini they in by committee. Will likely be no worse than 6-6 vs ranked. Committee looks at second half of season strong too. All Drury losses are a combined 23 points. Last five losses I think is 7.
    Indy is out unless they win last two and get to mini title game- 4 or more
    Wins. Hillsdale on bubble. North
    Michigan outtie. Umsl has only one game
    Left. They have to make mini final for a chance 3 more wins.
    WoD can chit the bed again too. Losses to duds and a early mini exit could be doom. They win one and even early exit they in.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Regional Rankings 2019

    Released this afternoon:

    Men's
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 Lewis 18-4 18-4
    2 Bellarmine 20-4 20-4
    3 Findlay 21-3 21-3
    4 Southern Indiana 17-7 16-7
    5 Ashland 17-5 17-5
    6 UIndy 14-8 14-6
    7 Ferris State 16-10 16-10
    8 Hillsdale 16-8 16-8
    9 Northern Michigan 15-11 15-11
    10 Drury 13-10 13-6

    Women's
    Rank School Overall DII Record In-Region Record
    1 Drury 26-0 24-0
    2 Lewis 23-2 23-2
    3 Grand Valley State 23-2 23-2
    4 Ashland 25-2 25-2
    5 Northern Michigan 19-7 19-7
    6 Truman 20-5 18-5
    7 Kentucky Wesleyan 18-5 18-5
    8 Southern Indiana 16-8 16-8
    9 Cedarville 18-6 18-6
    10 Michigan Tech 19-8 19-8

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •