Thread: APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

Contribute to D2

Default APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

Default Re: APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

That was the week where we had the UNA game last year. Could end up taking another FCS money game if there's one to be had, though I'd prefer a non-conference game in region if possible. Either way, if we fill that gap, we're looking at SEVEN road games this fall.

APU appears to be the only remaining GNAC team without multiple games against the LSC.

4. Default Re: APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

Quote Originally Posted by cougarjunkie View Post
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but I did notice that Benedict College (SIAC) had an open date on Oct 5th. Don't know how practical it would be to schedule a game for two schools on opposite sides of the country, however.

5. Default Re: APU 2019 Schedule-still looking for game on Oct 5

Seems like they have more games with the RMAC conference than any other. Can obviously be a location thing.

I am a big advocate for D-2 ball, and do hope you guys can grab a few more teams.

Western Washington, Humboldt, and Menlo all make me sick. If they stuck it out (yes Menlo would have had to have made the jump to D-2) the GNAC would be very Healthy! You can survive out West with 7 in a conference.

Just think with those schools, how much easier would it be to grab Eastern Oregon and Southern Oregon!

Quote Originally Posted by ESU Warrior View Post
    Seems like they have more games with the RMAC conference than any other. Can obviously be a location thing.

I am a big advocate for D-2 ball, and do hope you guys can grab a few more teams.

Western Washington, Humboldt, and Menlo all make me sick. If they stuck it out (yes Menlo would have had to have made the jump to D-2) the GNAC would be very Healthy! You can survive out West with 7 in a conference.

Just think with those schools, how much easier would it be to grab Eastern Oregon and Southern Oregon!
    Preaching to the choir, man. I think of the three, the Humboldt situation is the worst, because they had good community support.

Quote Originally Posted by ESU Warrior View Post

And we had 7 3 to 4 years ago.... CWU, WOU, SFU, APU, HSU, Dixie State, SD Mines... 2 left for RMAC (one now for FCS), 1 dropped football.

Quote Originally Posted by IronOre View Post
    Preaching to the choir, man. I think of the three, the Humboldt situation is the worst, because they had good community support.
    There was 3 people that didn’t want football. AD,Prez, and this jack off in advancement. Only the AD will still be there end of year other 2 left their jobs.

Also of note enrollment down 600 this semester about 200 of that football related. Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by outsidezone69 View Post
    There was 3 people that didn’t want football. AD,Prez, and this jack off in advancement. Only the AD will still be there end of year other 2 left their jobs.

Also of note enrollment down 600 this semester about 200 of that football related. Idiots
    I'm always amazed at these administrators, who come in, don't talk to anyone in the community, make a drastic cut or change, then get out of town. I've seen it time and time again. These people aren't involved in the institution emotionally, it's a job and a paycheck to them, period. That is it. When they retire, they leave town. But they leave others -- alums, supports of the school, students, players, coaches -- with nothing. That doesn't cross their mind for 2 seconds, it's basically sociopathic or at least self-centered.

I'm always stunned how they get away with it, and that the sport is to never make a return, at Chico, WWU, Humboldt, etc.