Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 LSC Schedule Thread

Default Re: 2019 LSC Schedule Thread

LSC sticking it to the Hounds again. Our 3 games with the GNAC are with A. Pacific and Central Washington while Tarleton and Commerce get Simon Frasier.

Quote Originally Posted by ahshound View Post
    LSC sticking it to the Hounds again. Our 3 games with the GNAC are with A. Pacific and Central Washington while Tarleton and Commerce get Simon Frasier.
    That will kill their SOS. You would rather play AP and CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Right, this is easterns return trip for last seasons game in portales.

Im still apprehensive about the scheduling alliance, it is going to stretch ENMU's travel budget to the limit. I love the fact that its all in region games.

Also i wonder how Tarleton and UTPB are going to handle travel to canada, the usually dont let parolees out of the country....zing!
    Ankle bracelets. By the baker's dozen. Or they could form a co-op and increase their purchasing power.

Quote Originally Posted by ahshound View Post
    Hounds will be fine, they win out vs them and loose no more than 2 game they will be fine. Conference schedule will tough.

Catching up on 2019 schedules; I updated the original post in this thread with the addition of Angelo State, Eastern NM, MSU, UTPB and Western NM.

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Ottawa University in Arizona used to be known under another name? Or am I misremembering?

Never mind: I was confusing Ottawa U with Arizona Christian University for some odd reason.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Catching up on 2019 schedules; I updated the original post in this thread with the addition of Angelo State, Eastern NM, MSU, UTPB and Western NM.

Maybe it's just me, but didn't Ottawa University in Arizona used to be known under another name? Or am I misremembering?

Never mind: I was confusing Ottawa U with Arizona Christian University for some odd reason.
    Unless things have changed drastically, I think the Angelo State schedule is wrong.

I know it is on the ASU website, but the first game against Western Oregon in San Angelo is supposed to be on Thursday, September 5th, not on Saturday as listed on the website. The Thursday date is even listed non the WOU website.

Also the second game of the year against Simon Fraser is listed as being AT Simon Fraser (Burnaby, BC). That game is supposed to be in San Angelo. The SFU website lists it as in San Angelo as well. The at SFU game is in 2020.

And lastly, I have been told many times that Adams State was coming to San Angelo for a mid-season OOC game. Adams website does not have their 2019 schedule up so I cannot see what they are listing.

Not sure what happened with the schedule that is on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by texcap View Post
    Unless things have changed drastically, I think the Angelo State schedule is wrong.

I know it is on the ASU website, but the first game against Western Oregon in San Angelo is supposed to be on Thursday, September 5th, not on Saturday as listed on the website. The Thursday date is even listed non the WOU website.

Also the second game of the year against Simon Fraser is listed as being AT Simon Fraser (Burnaby, BC). That game is supposed to be in San Angelo. The SFU website lists it as in San Angelo as well. The at SFU game is in 2020.

And lastly, I have been told many times that Adams State was coming to San Angelo for a mid-season OOC game. Adams website does not have their 2019 schedule up so I cannot see what they are listing.

Not sure what happened with the schedule that is on the website.
    The Angelo State 2019 football schedule has been pulled from the athletic website. My guess is that it was put up too early with just teams and place holders. I am assuming, although I'm not positive about the Adams State info above, that the two other changes I mentioned (WOU on Thursday in San Angelo and SFU in San Angelo) will be reflected on the new schedule.

The Angelo State 2019 football schedule has been pulled from the athletic website. My guess is that it was put up too early with just teams and place holders. I am assuming, although I'm not positive about the Adams State info above, that the two other changes I mentioned (WOU on Thursday in San Angelo and SFU in San Angelo) will be reflected on the new schedule.
    According to the LSC presser we play SFU in Canada and Azzusa here instead of WOU. The original contract was as you said but all of that is out the window. That would leave Adams as game 11 but the new LSC/GNAC agreement may not fit their open date.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    According to the LSC presser we play SFU in Canada and Azzusa here instead of WOU. The original contract was as you said but all of that is out the window. That would leave Adams as game 11 but the new LSC/GNAC agreement may not fit their open date.
    That is correct but that is for 2020, not 2019. I am officially confused about 2019 now.

That is correct but that is for 2020, not 2019. I am officially confused about 2019 now.
    Seems ASU is always the last LSC school to release their schedule

A lot of empty Saturdays in Wichita Falls this season, with 7 road games. To include opening up the season playing up a division. Could be a tough year, with the team bringing in three new coaches and looking for the replacement for Rabb at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Hawk View Post
    A lot of empty Saturdays in Wichita Falls this season, with 7 road games. To include opening up the season playing up a division. Could be a tough year, with the team bringing in three new coaches and looking for the replacement for Rabb at the same time.
    Add to that only 10 d2 games again? Is midwestern in need of the payday game or was that the only opponent they could find for the date?

Quote Originally Posted by Boohaha View Post
    Add to that only 10 d2 games again? Is midwestern in need of the payday game or was that the only opponent they could find for the date?
    Commerce still lists an open date on week 1. We are offering to pay the bills and still cant get a DII team to make the trip. I imagine MSU is in the same boat. I was told we are "close" to having a week 1 opponent when I was at the Spring game on Saturday, but nobody would talk about who it might be. So they might have been BS-ing or just making it up, or wishful thinking. I think I'd rather we had an open week than get beat up by an FCS team. Both count the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    I think I'd rather we had an open week than get beat up by an FCS team. Both count the same.
    Except one comes with a briefcase of cash.

We need the money to pay for the travel to Lindenwood (MO) and Western Oregon is my understanding. Luckily, conference games there is only 2 games that they will stay overnight (Angelo and WT).

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    We need the money to pay for the travel to Lindenwood (MO) and Western Oregon is my understanding. Luckily, conference games there is only 2 games that they will stay overnight (Angelo and WT).
    Thats crazy to me, i always counted MSU amongst the haves when it came to funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual_Observer View Post
    Im assuming the WT/MSU game is an overnight game because of the early kickoff? Normally it wouldnt be right? 3.5 hour trip...

No MSU normally travels and stays the night when playing in Canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Except one comes with a briefcase of cash.
    Thankfully not an issue at Commerce right now. We are trying to pay teams to come to us.

LOL.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast