Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PASSHE - our alma maters

Contribute to D2

Default Re: PASSHE - our alma maters

REPUBLICAN POLITICS FOREVER... Democrats know nothing about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    The schools are merging into one identity. So, you can now take courses offered by system schools other than the one you attend. How many courses? Will you soon be able to be enrolled in Kutztown and earn a degree from Shippensburg?

I think soon there will be no more bragging about going to one school over another. It will be one big monolith with 14 different physical locations. School pride will be nonexistent, eventually. Just sayin'.
    “In my mind, it’s not taking away from the identity of any university but it’s adding by saying the students, the faculty, all of our stakeholders will know that behind that individual university that you love and you are going to, you have the backup of the system,” system board Chairwoman Cynthia Shapira said.
    The backup of the system!?!?! What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Good news out of Harrisburg: https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/0...-21-years.html

Three positive signs:

1) Things are changing. Nothing big and visible but the "redesign" will be great and hopefully avoid any closures or mergers.

2) The Chancellor is making HUGE progress with the faculty union. They're ahead on negotiating a new contract that seems fair to both sides (from what I've heard).

3) Cheyney seems to be turning a corner. Enrollment is still down but their admissions profile is up significantly. It helps when you lose half your students but increase the honors enrollment.
    That should be the result when a wise kid, like the one in this article, gets free tuition funded by the state taxpayers.

$4M in money from Pa. to make college free for more Cheyney students

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    The schools are merging into one identity. So, you can now take courses offered by system schools other than the one you attend. How many courses? Will you soon be able to be enrolled in Kutztown and earn a degree from Shippensburg?

I think soon there will be no more bragging about going to one school over another. It will be one big monolith with 14 different physical locations. School pride will be nonexistent, eventually. Just sayin'.
    My understanding is that if you can't take it at your current school (not offered or it's full) you will be able to take the same course or its equivalent at another system school.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123