Thread: WV State Recruiting

Default WV State Recruiting

Here is a look at the State recruits:

https://wvsuyellowjackets.com/news/2...et-family.aspx

30 quality student-athletes added to the Hive. This may be the best recruiting class in a long time. Hopefully, they will help take the next step in the program.

Default Re: WV State Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by State_Jackets View Post
    Here is a look at the State recruits:

https://wvsuyellowjackets.com/news/2...et-family.aspx

30 quality student-athletes added to the Hive. This may be the best recruiting class in a long time. Hopefully, they will help take the next step in the program.
    How do you judge recruiting classes? I'm assuming perhaps you were able to see a decent amount of these guys play? I feel like it's a complete crapshoot. A guy may look like a world beater in high school and should thrive at the D2 level, and he drops out during fall camp. Just curious how you think it's States best in a long time.

3. Default Re: WV State Recruiting

I watched all the highlights. If I’m being completely honest, I would say that 1/3 of these kids are legit D2 players that could play anywhere in the conference. Another 1/3 aren’t quite there yet, but show potential and could develop into players. The last 1/3 were prob free but could be good program kids. So a basic D2 recruiting class lol.

Let’s face it, it’s time for State to take the next step. We have a fairly cheap school to attend, we have a competitive number of schollies to give and, except for our field, we have nice facilities. The schollies and cost of school alone should provide us a pathway to compete at the top of the conference annually. The only thing missing would be a coaching position or two added to ensure us being a regional competitor. Bottom line there really are no more excuses for us anymore.