Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Alliance Football League

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Alliance Football League

Since they are now suspending football operations effective today, I guess it's a really bad sign haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Since they are now suspending football operations effective today, I guess it's a really bad sign haha.
    I hope Dustin Vaughn will move on to something else. The last time I looked he was 0 for 2 for the season.

I think all that's left for Manziel is arena football. I won't miss him.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 04-02-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Kind of funny that the AAF suspending operations is currently ESPN's top headline. They did not give the league any coverage all year long, didn't report scores, etc (presumably because the AAF was televised solely on competing networks). You could find handball, badminton and ping pong scores, but not AAF. Something tells me they were smiling when they wrote the current article.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    I hope Dustin Vaughn will move on to something else. The last time I looked he was 0 for 2 for the season.

I think all that's left for Manziel is arena football. I won't miss him.
    Yeah I'm sure Vaughan will hang them up. He was 3rd string QB once the season got to rolling along.

As for Manziel, screw that guy. I like a redemption story but he won't ever be that guy

Manziel still have XFL. Worse case scenario he can always play in LFA in Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by chivas_gold View Post
    Manziel still have XFL. Worse case scenario he can always play in LFA in Mexico.
    Yeah, he looked great in this league. He was 5 for 8 with only 1 concussion.

I'm so ticked about this. I really enjoyed the AAF.

ESPN can so kick rocks! And Tom whoever of the Carolina Hurricanes is pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    Kind of funny that the AAF suspending operations is currently ESPN's top headline. They did not give the league any coverage all year long, didn't report scores, etc (presumably because the AAF was televised solely on competing networks). You could find handball, badminton and ping pong scores, but not AAF. Something tells me they were smiling when they wrote the current article.
    They did report on the AAF in the first couple of weeks, but I hadn't seen much lately.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    I agree with the first part... BUT it appears this league is more like what Triple AAA ball is to the MLB to some extent. I watched some of one of the games this weekend and they mentioned the league consisted of 80% of players who were actually on NFL rosters at one time or another and many were not FA or lower round draft picks either. I would say it might be more of a second or third chance league and some will end up back on NFL rosters.

It was nice to see the Refs not being a factor and the QB not being treated with kid gloves
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    As I said, these leagues come and go like the weather.

What a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    As I said, these leagues come and go like the weather.

What a JOKE.
    Yep. It's a lost cause to build one of these leagues as the alternative to the NFL.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Yep. It's a lost cause to build one of these leagues as the alternative to the NFL.

They weren’t trying to be an alternative to the NFL. Quite the opposite. They were working with the NFL, even had games broadcast on NFL Network.

12. Default Re: Alliance Football League

Looks like Vince McMahon is looking for a couple AAF players... but not for the XFL.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/04...s-league-folds

Kind of a bummer the AAF went under as quickly as it did. It seems like these leagues don't take enough time to plan and get themselves setup. They have a flashy marketing campaign, put up a decent first week, and then fall off the map completely.

13. Default Re: Alliance Football League

Quote Originally Posted by chivas_gold View Post
    XFL is iffy... Vinnie Mac doesn't want players with a criminal record.

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    XFL is iffy... Vinnie Mac doesn't want players with a criminal record.
    He could still go to the XFL, problems would be his partying past and his QB abilities

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Steve Spurrier declared his team champions because they were leading the league.

Quote Originally Posted by LSCFBFAN View Post
    They weren’t trying to be an alternative to the NFL. Quite the opposite. They were working with the NFL, even had games broadcast on NFL Network.
    NO NFL owner is going to let ANYONE be it a low roster player or PS player (or anyone of interest) play in a "minor league" ever!! One bad hit and they could lose a potential player. That is what Camp & preseason are for.

Quote Originally Posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Looks like Vince McMahon is looking for a couple AAF players... but not for the XFL.

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2019/04...s-league-folds

Kind of a bummer the AAF went under as quickly as it did. It seems like these leagues don't take enough time to plan and get themselves setup. They have a flashy marketing campaign, put up a decent first week, and then fall off the map completely.
    Its a SCAM. They all have been. A few guys get idiots to invest in a start up league. They pay themselves enough $ to PERSONALLY last them a few years. Biggest con out there.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345