Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Football League

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Alliance Football League

NFL owners have discussed a "minor" league...both in Fall & Spring, but it never made sense to them.

They used NFL Europe and the AFL as developmental leagues. None really produced like they thought it would.

Before someone points out the RARE occurance, yes I know about Kurt Warner, William “Refrigerator” Perry, Adam Vinatieri, Jay Gruden, and even Jon Kitna. But even with those rare players, it would be better to just increase roster size and practice squad size to develop real NFL talent.

Most guys in arena, or "minor" leagues have something stopping them from making it in the NFL. Previous injuries, a step too slow, an inch too short, personal issues, learning ability....etc...etc.

I hope this league lasts......but I see it as just another waste of time & $$.

I knew NFL Europe was developmental. Didn't think the Arena league, with slightly different rules and a far different field was developmental. Thought it was a spring football league for those who like 6 man or similar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    I knew NFL Europe was developmental. Didn't think the Arena league, with slightly different rules and a far different field was developmental. Thought it was a spring football league for those who like 6 man or similar
    It was. Jerry Jones owned the Dallas Desperados. Main reason was for development.

It's great for QB, WR, and pass blocking. Jon Kitna and Kurt Warner played arena.

I just had idea. Maybe good to some maybe bad for others. To get ratings up some team should offer Colin Kaepernick a chance to get off his knees and see if he still has something left in the tank. He would get the opportunity to show everyone he can still play. What a novel idea. Actually prove you can play and leave the drama and Social justice warriors at home. I, personally, do not believe he has anything close talent wise to win in the NFL. I watched him the last two years he played at SF and it was underwhelming to say the least. So, here is an opportunity to prove me wrong and spring board yourself back into the NFL. THOUGHTS?!??

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    I just had idea. Maybe good to some maybe bad for others. To get ratings up some team should offer Colin Kaepernick a chance to get off his knees and see if he still has something left in the tank. He would get the opportunity to show everyone he can still play. What a novel idea. Actually prove you can play and leave the drama and Social justice warriors at home. I, personally, do not believe he has anything close talent wise to win in the NFL. I watched him the last two years he played at SF and it was underwhelming to say the least. So, here is an opportunity to prove me wrong and spring board yourself back into the NFL. THOUGHTS?!??
    He won't do it. In a book called How the North Won by Hattaway and Jones I read about Confederate general Joseph Johnston. He was reportedly the best shot in the army. However, when he would go hunting in a group, he would never fire. It was always too bright, too dark, too far away, too close........... if you don't shoot, you can't lose your reputation.

No, he won't even try it. People who think he would be the Super Bowl MVP can't have their illusions shattered.

+1000. And this is exactly why it won't happen.

This league allows the QB to be tackled so you have to throw that into the pot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    It was. Jerry Jones owned the Dallas Desperados. Main reason was for development.

It's great for QB, WR, and pass blocking. Jon Kitna and Kurt Warner played arena.
    And here I thought Jones owned the Desperados because the man's rich enough. Didn't know Lorna was in the AFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    one of the greatests posts .......EVER!

And it's all about the Benjamins for CK (as it's always been) ..... Not the so called social injustice non sense.

Alliance of American Football tried wooing QB Colin Kaepernick

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...lin-kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    And it's all about the Benjamins for CK (as it's always been) ..... Not the so called social injustice non sense.

No one is going to offer a QB who's been out of the league 20 million. A start up league would especially won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    No one is going to offer a QB who's been out of the league 20 million. A start up league would especially won't.
    It would also have hurt his collusion case to play in the AAF. Not to mention expose him as the less-than-average QB he is.

Well, it’s good to see he is driven by greed.

On another note the NFL padded his greedy pocket today.

Well, it’s good to see he is driven by greed.

On another note the NFL padded his greedy pocket today.
    He can now go buy a new mansion and Tweet from it while pool side how crappy America is. Screw him! And the NFL for bending over for his demands.

I read this morning that 8 nfl teams reached out to Luis Perez after the game last weekend.

He can now go buy a new mansion and Tweet from it while pool side how crappy America is. Screw him! And the NFL for bending over for his demands.
    What gets me is that if everyone had just ignored the sorry little sh!t from the beginning it would have never been an issue.

After the settlement, I’d be shocked if he ever plays another down

After the settlement, I’d be shocked if he ever plays another down
    I'd be shocked regardless

Is anyone watching the San Diego v. Atlanta game tonight in the NFL Network?

I know I'm getting older, but it is hard for me to tell the two teams apart because their uniforms are so close to the same color.

San Diego has Navy Blue jerseys with yellow around the sleeves and white pants.
    Atlanta has purple jerseys (that look blue) with old gold around the sleeves and old gold pants.

At least they have different color socks on.

I thought that there was a requirement in most leagues to have contrasting colors on the two teams to make it easier to distinguish between them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn....3fplatform=amp

LMAO Like Belichick would put up with his $h!t for 5 minutes. I want to start partaking the same thing this attorney is. Guy must be delusional.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast