Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alliance Football League

Contribute to D2

Default Re: Alliance Football League

Quote Originally Posted by '89HOG View Post
    I can't find box scores for any of the games. I noticed our old TE, Stehly Reden, is on the San Antonio team but don't know if had any passes thrown to him or not. Can't see total yards, rushing yards, QB stats, nada. If someone can find box scores please provide a link.
    Yea this has been the complaint pretty much universally online. Stats are almost impossible to find. I know Reden had a couple targets in his game, I think he caught a pass or two.

2. Default Re: Alliance Football League

Quote Originally Posted by KleShreen View Post
    Yea this has been the complaint pretty much universally online. Stats are almost impossible to find. I know Reden had a couple targets in his game, I think he caught a pass or two.
    NoExtraPoints.com has stat tracking for the AAF.

It took me literally 10 seconds to find stats on the AAF website for last nights game?....

https://shop.aaf.com/wp-content/uplo...ok-AZ-SL-2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    It took me literally 10 seconds to find stats on the AAF website for last nights game?....

https://shop.aaf.com/wp-content/uplo...ok-AZ-SL-2.pdf
    They all got put up this morning. There was nothing for any of the four games until this morning besides play-by-plays.

Edit: Guess Reden didn't even get a target? I was watching the game and remember seeing him out there and the announcers saying his name a couple times. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
    NoExtraPoints.com has stat tracking for the AAF.
    Ha, I thought this was a joke post since they don't kick extra points, but it isn't!

They all got put up this morning. There was nothing for any of the four games until this morning besides play-by-plays.

Edit: Guess Reden didn't even get a target? I was watching the game and remember seeing him out there and the announcers saying his name a couple times. Oh well.
    Yeah, that stuff wasn't up there earlier. The story was up but not any official stats. Good to see him on a roster. He was a really good player and hope he can contribute.

I watched some of the games. I think there is room for this and I hope they make it. I like the idea of the AAF (developmental/minor league) better than the XFL (entertainment).

I think ESPN and Fox Sports are purposely not reporting on it, as they don't have the broadcast contract. It reminds me of when ESPN lost the NHL contract years ago and then went on to basically eliminate reporting on the NHL altogether. Hockey went from being one of the 4 sports to being treated like it was bowling or billiards.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
    I watched some of the games. I think there is room for this and I hope they make it. I like the idea of the AAF (developmental/minor league) better than the XFL (entertainment).

I think ESPN and Fox Sports are purposely not reporting on it, as they don't have the broadcast contract. It reminds me of when ESPN lost the NHL contract years ago and then went on to basically eliminate reporting on the NHL altogether. Hockey went from being one of the 4 sports to being treated like it was bowling or billiards.
    Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Unfortunately these "minor" leagues come and go like the weather.

The one that lasted the longest was Arena football.

IMO, There is just too much young talent available each year for a developmental league to be successful.
    I agree with the first part... BUT it appears this league is more like what Triple AAA ball is to the MLB to some extent. I watched some of one of the games this weekend and they mentioned the league consisted of 80% of players who were actually on NFL rosters at one time or another and many were not FA or lower round draft picks either. I would say it might be more of a second or third chance league and some will end up back on NFL rosters.

It was nice to see the Refs not being a factor and the QB not being treated with kid gloves

Luis played great! He had 4 very obvious drops, should have been 300+ easy.

Agreed on ESPN purposely not reporting on it due to the contract. I was on the ESPN gamecenter app trying to find box scores and they didnt even have the league listed. They literally have Badminton scores on there, but no AAF.

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    Luis played great! He had 4 very obvious drops, should have been 300+ easy.

Agreed on ESPN purposely not reporting on it due to the contract. I was on the ESPN gamecenter app trying to find box scores and they didnt even have the league listed. They literally have Badminton scores on there, but no AAF.
    What was interesting the Arizona/SLC game was being shown on the NFL Network last night.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    What was interesting the Arizona/SLC game was being shown on the NFL Network last night.
    The AAF is positioning their league as the NFL developmental and experimental option. Think they're working very closely together. XFL is another matter entirely. Think the AAF can be reasonably successful if the expectations are kept in check.

I like that they are keeping ticket prices in the $15 - $40 range and the games are over in 2.5 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by dodger View Post
    The AAF is positioning their league as the NFL developmental and experimental option. Think they're working very closely together. XFL is another matter entirely. Think the AAF can be reasonably successful if the expectations are kept in check.
    My understanding is the NFL and the AAF are working very closely together as the AAF is experimenting with things. There are no kickoffs, no extra points, the audience gets to hear the instant replay process from the replay officials. If the NFL likes any of the changes, they can adapt them to their game. One very important isssue is time of play. 2.5 hours is great.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    My understanding is the NFL and the AAF are working very closely together as the AAF is experimenting with things. There are no kickoffs, no extra points, the audience gets to hear the instant replay process from the replay officials. If the NFL likes any of the changes, they can adapt them to their game. One very important isssue is time of play. 2.5 hours is great.
    I thought this part was awesome. Definitely would benefit the NFL if they started doing this.

I finally read an article where Vaughan was beat out for the starting QB spot. They didnt say much game night. Im pretty sure he is done professionally. Looks like Perez is the lone hopeful for a shot at the league again

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I finally read an article where Vaughan was beat out for the starting QB spot. They didnt say much game night. Im pretty sure he is done professionally. Looks like Perez is the lone hopeful for a shot at the league again
    Didn't he want to go to dental school or something like that? Might not be a bad time to go ahead and get started on that.

18. Default Re: Alliance Football League

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    The comments I heard did not make it seem like it was a permanent promotion for the other QB. Open competition each week.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Didn't he want to go to dental school or something like that? Might not be a bad time to go ahead and get started on that.
    I'm not sure on that. In an Amarillo Globe article last week, it sounded like it was a long thought out decision to pursue this AAF opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    The comments I heard did not make it seem like it was a permanent promotion for the other QB. Open competition each week.
    I hope this is the case

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast