Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NSIC Week 10 chat

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NSIC Week 10 chat

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    Matt might not make them walk down Highway 2 from Crookston to Bemidji- maybe just from from Solway.
    He may not make them walk, but he may ride them the whole way. Effort and shot selection were brutal tonight. Didn't get the ball to Kirksey nearly enough either.

Good win for the Wolves and a fun game to watch. Evans is an amazing offensive player and Guebert is much more physical than I expected, but USF doesn’t have a lot beyond those 2. I won’t dispute the fact that the Wolves got a couple friendly whistles tonight. Decker, Fox, and Smith all had good games tonight. Hopefully Parker can keep growing and harness some of that energy. Sometimes he plays like a kid that just binged on a box of pixie stix and a case of Mt Dew.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Good win for the Wolves and a fun game to watch. Evans is an amazing offensive player and Guebert is much more physical than I expected, but USF doesn’t have a lot beyond those 2. I won’t dispute the fact that the Wolves got a couple friendly whistles tonight. Decker, Fox, and Smith all had good games tonight. Hopefully Parker can keep growing and harness some of that energy. Sometimes he plays like a kid that just binged on a box of pixie stix and a case of Mt Dew.
    But it brings the energy man!! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    You can count out the Mavs if they play like that.
    Like tonight? Probably, but you can also see how NSU played in loss to Truman or close game to Chadron and say the same thing. I'm not trying to "sandbag" anything...but I really do think any number of teams can win that thing. Just have to string your best games together for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by cat fan View Post
    I like Evans, but after tonight my vote is cast. I would prefer to reward a more complete player, but Gage Davis was amazing tonight. I think he could have scored 60 if he felt like it. He seemed bored at times...maybe that's just his vibe..
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Guest69 View Post
    I break my silence to comment on how much Josh Moon paid Keswic Joiner for these late game calls. Overrule on the shot clock reset to take away a USF layup, missed Kallman dribbling off his leg that led to an NSU and-one, then somehow overrules the out of bounds on the rebound based on a video review that appeared to lack indisputable evidence. Congrats to the wolves on yet another crooked win.
    Spot on analysis.

I like Evans, but after tonight my vote is cast. I would prefer to reward a more complete player, but Gage Davis was amazing tonight. I think he could have scored 60 if he felt like it. He seemed bored at times...maybe that's just his vibe..
    I think Davis has to be the front runner for POY. He is so good and any time SCSU is engaged in the game they are tough to beat. Nobody is going to want to play them in March.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar1997 View Post
    Spot on analysis.
    Broadcast showed replay of northern player dribbling off his leg and it sure looked to me like northern player smacked ball out of hands of 2 USF players under the basket.

So it goes sometimes when on the road.

Every South team lost to a North team tonight.

How many times has that happened?

Didn't the Mavs get outrebounded tonight? I just shake my head. First loss ever to UMC.
    Laker: I can't imagine that ever happening. I was at the BSU-Concordia game. I think we (BSU) made 17 3s and Concordia faded the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    Like tonight? Probably, but you can also see how NSU played in loss to Truman or close game to Chadron and say the same thing. I'm not trying to "sandbag" anything...but I really do think any number of teams can win that thing. Just have to string your best games together for three days.
    I should be more clear, like any night. They have some talent. But this team isn't to be confused with any of the Mavs teams of the past that actually were good.

I do think next year will be a good year for them. But I hate talking about next year in early February. Gross.

I should be more clear, like any night. They have some talent. But this team isn't to be confused with any of the Mavs teams of the past that actually were good.

I do think next year will be a good year for them. But I hate talking about next year in early February. Gross.
    I've been doing it since the preseason. :)

Really good game.

I think Davis could probably score 20 ppg playing in a bath robe and bedroom slippers.
    Love that line...expect to see it again in the future from me and without giving you the credit you so rightly deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post
    Broadcast showed replay of northern player dribbling off his leg and it sure looked to me like northern player smacked ball out of hands of 2 USF players under the basket.

Truth.

Immediately after Northern retained possession by dribbling off their own leg Ian Smith had a semi suspect 3 point play. I was hoping both teams would lose but every 50/50 call down the stretch, including that review, ensured the Wolves would win.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Tom Frederick
    ‏@tfredmuggs

Cross divisional races:
    #nsicwbb North 29 wins South 27 w/ 8 contests left. North won head last year. Looking to make it 3x in last 7 seasons.
    #nsicmbb North has 33-23 lead after going 8-0 (1st time ever) Friday. This is the first time in 7 years North has won the head/head.

Quote Originally Posted by NWHoops View Post

Looked that way to me as well.

Tom Frederick
    ‏@tfredmuggs

Cross divisional races:
    #nsicwbb North 29 wins South 27 w/ 8 contests left. North won head last year. Looking to make it 3x in last 7 seasons.
    #nsicmbb North has 33-23 lead after going 8-0 (1st time ever) Friday. This is the first time in 7 years North has won the head/head.
    OT: postgame I happened across some Petticoat Junction. Tried to get the wife to watch, she has now gone to bed....I'm much older than I look.

Moorhead seems to be putting something together at the moment...maybe flying a bit under the radar, which is just fine. Smnu didn’t play their best game of the season, but it appeared that Moorhead just had too many weapons for them. Coad has also been really good lately. If he continues to make threes he is very difficult to guard. Moorhead has 5-6 guys that can lead the team on offense on any given night. Not many teams can say that in the nsic. Msum defense is also slowly improving, which is the real key to the season. A Moorhead win tomorrow against USF and things get really interesting for a team that was not expected to be that good before season. Walthall also deserves some credit after tough year last year. Redshirting all those young guys last year will pay dividends in long run.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    I've been doing it since the preseason. :)
    A club I wish we weren't a part of :)

NSIC will be a strong league next year. Looking forward to what it brings. As for this year... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead seems to be putting something together at the moment...maybe flying a bit under the radar, which is just fine. Smnu didn’t play their best game of the season, but it appeared that Moorhead just had too many weapons for them. Coad has also been really good lately. If he continues to make threes he is very difficult to guard. Moorhead has 5-6 guys that can lead the team on offense on any given night. Not many teams can say that in the nsic. Msum defense is also slowly improving, which is the real key to the season. A Moorhead win tomorrow against USF and things get really interesting for a team that was not expected to be that good before season. Walthall also deserves some credit after tough year last year. Redshirting all those young guys last year will pay dividends in long run.
    Did you blame him last year? He's a good coach, but bouncing back from a poor year doesn't deserve credit, Gavin Baumgartner's dad :)

20. Default Re: NSIC Week 10 chat

Did you blame him last year? He's a good coach, but bouncing back from a poor year doesn't deserve credit, Gavin Baumgartner's dad :)
    Nice try...decision to redshirt was made before season last year. Didn’t know before season that team would struggle.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast