Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.
    I stayed there in the summer of 2016 maybe. Wonderful place. I was walking through the lobby and recognized a voice. It was Garrett Morris from SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    You’ve obviously never been to Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. ;)
    At least those crappy college towns have the advantage of being in close proximity to major cities. Lubbock is reasonably close to Amarillo. The closest thing to Lubbock in the SEC is the appropriately named Starkville, Miss.: An ugly ass town in the middle of nowhere.
    Last edited by catatonic; 02-11-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.
    My first impression of New Orleans was in the mid 80's as a young teenager in Jackson Square seeing a man bleeding to death on a sidewalk. That kind of put New Orleans on the my low priority list if I'm given a number of other places to go before New Orleans.

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    My first impression of New Orleans was in the mid 80's as a young teenager in Jackson Square seeing a man bleeding to death on a sidewalk. That kind of put New Orleans on the my low priority list if I'm given a number of other places to go before New Orleans.

Kind of ironic because I'm trying to find a way to get to Detroit for two reasons. One, to see the relics of what was once a great economic machine. And two, to see the renaissance that appears to be going on in some parts of the city with those relics.
    Yikes, a business person I know told me after he rented a car from the Detroit airport whatever you do don’t stop when a crowd gets in the street and tries to make you. Said he thinks he hit 2 or 3 on a glancing blow but didn’t stop. Later, said no business is worth that. He’s not going back.

Moral of the story don’t go in twos or threes. Go with hundreds.

Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    At least those crappy college towns have the advantage of being in close proximity to major cities. Lubbock is reasonably close to Amarillo. The closest thing to Lubbock in the SEC is the appropriately named Starkville, Miss.: An ugly ass town in the middle of nowhere.
    Yes, Abilene is so much nicer than Lubbock with the shrubs people call trees.

I don’t recall saying Anything about Abilene. But since you brought it up.

Abilene and Lubbock share many of the same challenges when it comes to recruiting, albeit at different levels. Neither Abilene nor Lubbock are “garden spots.” Neither are near a major metro area.

People think of Texas as a recruiting hotbed but 90 percent of the D1 recruits in this state come from up and down the 135 corridor and East Texas.
    Last edited by catatonic; 02-11-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by catatonic View Post
    up and down the 135 corridor and East Texas.
    I don't know if I would say "East Texas". More of the Texas Triangle area...

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    I don't know if I would say "East Texas". More of the Texas Triangle area...

Agreed. I was counting anything the other side of I35 East Texas.

ADHD meds anyone? 707

From crappy TT recruiting on D2 football site to New Orleans.......hmmmmm.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

How bought those Mets? And Kiss is on their final tour. Who won the Grammy's? And what's up with mussles in Austins stinky water....do ya think the Va Gov will resign? Skiing is good at Winterpark. Dak Prescott.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    ADHD meds anyone? 707

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

How bought those Mets? And Kiss is on their final tour. Who won the Grammy's? And what's up with mussles in Austins stinky water....do ya think the Va Gov will resign? Skiing is good at Winterpark. Dak Prescott.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.
    Mets stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes88 View Post
    Mets stink.
    hahahaha

12. Default Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

It is weird to see a thread about the tards recruiting class on a D2 board . . now they did get a very good DE/DT from Pearland in Gilbert Ibeneme & I hope that Gilbert does well there. D2 football message board is definitely an interesting learn.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDigger View Post
    It is weird to see a thread about the tards recruiting class on a D2 board . . now they did get a very good DE/DT from Pearland in Gilbert Ibeneme & I hope that Gilbert does well there. D2 football message board is definitely an interesting learn.
    Hahahaha, you have no idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    ADHD meds anyone? 707

TAKE YOUR MEDS.

TAKE YOUR MEDS.
    Did you put out your Liz Warren for President sign in front of your McMansion? LOL!

I'll take Abilene, not a panhandle fan

I'll take Abilene, not a panhandle fan

Quote Originally Posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
    Back at ya... besides, other than DFW, I have family in and around Abilene.

18. Default Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by LionFan View Post
    Army beat Junior high teams the entire season, go look at that schedule. OU was good, Houston obviously wasn't
    Not far from the truth. The other team that knocked off West Point was Duke. The Black Knights won the CINC Trophy as well. It was otherwise a great season.

Back at ya... besides, other than DFW, I have family in and around Abilene.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Did you put out your Liz Warren for President sign in front of your McMansion? LOL!
    You mean "AOC" and that's a 1974 Pre-Manufatured Modular structure, thank you!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast