Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT: another stellar recruiting class at Texas Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    hmmmm. You think in 3 seasons???
    Wouldn't surprise me at all

If Morris did it in year 1 at UIW, I'm not sure why Carthel can't do the same at SFA.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckem...fications/amp/

Wells is going to have an uphill battle moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/wreckem...fications/amp/

Wells is going to have an uphill battle moving forward.
    I hate to say it, but Tech might be the new Kansas in the Big 12 if the trend continues. With a new coach/staff, the first recruiting season is usually underwhelming at most schools because the transition is usually occurring during the tail end of recruiting season. But schools like Tech because of location (being in Texas) shouldn't be down that far.

Has Tech thought about putting more of their eggs into the basketball program? Works for Kansas......

Face it. Tech is located in a sh!t hole when it comes to D1 athletics. We west Texans may see Lubbock as a decent place but a kids from major population areas will look on it as a dump.

I don't think it matters who the coach is or how much money they have to work with, they are always recruiting and playing from the back of the pack. That ain't gonna change.

I grew up in Odessa and considered WT and Tech as my top choices. To me, as a 17 year old, I considered Lubbock as ugly, flat and dry and Canyon as ugly, hilly and dry. As an adult I have a very different opinion of both cities. At the last minute I switched to ASU because of the trees, lakes and hunting/fishing opportunities.

The city of Lubbock will never be a drawing card for athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Face it. Tech is located in a sh!t hole when it comes to D1 athletics. We west Texans may see Lubbock as a decent place but a kids from major population areas will look on it as a dump.

I don't think it matters who the coach is or how much money they have to work with, they are always recruiting and playing from the back of the pack. That ain't gonna change.

I grew up in Odessa and considered WT and Tech as my top choices. To me, as a 17 year old, I considered Lubbock as ugly, flat and dry and Canyon as ugly, hilly and dry. As an adult I have a very different opinion of both cities. At the last minute I switched to ASU because of the trees, lakes and hunting/fishing opportunities.

But it hasn't seemed to stop Beard's instant turn-around basketball team. I guess it says more for Beard than Lubbock.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    But it hasn't seemed to stop Beard's instant turn-around basketball team. I guess it says more for Beard than Lubbock.
    When he was at ASU it was mostly last chance transfers. Chances are he is bringing in the same type at TT.

When he was at ASU it was mostly last chance transfers. Chances are he is bringing in the same type at TT.
    What you are saying is partially true. Lubuttocks is not the prettiest city by a long shot. But, as was pointed out to my daughter when she was being recruited is that Universities spend millions of dollars on their campuses to make them more pleasing to the eye. Let’s face facts, students spend 90% of their time at the university. Universities can make themselves a fabulous oasis in the middle of a desert.

As far as Texas Tech football is concerned if you can start winning games and showing recruits you are taking the program in right direction then recruits will follow.

At this point, Wells had better keep scouring over everyone who fell through the cracks for next season.

Trust me, KK hasn’t done him much favors on the recruiting trail.

As far as Texas Tech football is concerned if you can start winning games and showing recruits you are taking the program in right direction then recruits will follow.
    I've been hearing that since I started following TT in 1965. Ain't happened yet.

Well according to WT folks, none of that matters. All the matters is if they can play for a conference Championship, etc.

So based on that logic all TT has to do is win and they will get the best recruits in America....and beyond. Easy as that.

Another case resolved. "Elementary, my dear Watson".

Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Well according to WT folks, none of that matters. All the matters is if they can play for a conference Championship, etc.

So based on that logic all TT has to do is win and they will get the best recruits in America....and beyond. Easy as that.

Another case resolved. "Elementary, my dear Watson".

Winning solves ALOT of problems.

I've been hearing that since I started following TT in 1965. Ain't happened yet.
    That’s why Tech football is also known as “Wait till next year”.

Seriously, Mike Leach showed the world you can win at Tech. So, folks believe it can and will happen again with the right leadership.

That’s why Tech football is also known as “Wait till next year”.

Seriously, Mike Leach showed the world you can win at Tech. So, folks believe it can and will happen again with the right leadership.
    Mike Leach’s resume at Tech isn’t all that great actually. 84-43 is pretty impressive, but he was scheduling 3 absolute cupcakes per season typically. His conference record against like opponents is more telling: 47-33.

Although for Tech, this is considered successful.

You’ve obviously never been to Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    You’ve obviously never been to Baton Rouge or Tuscaloosa. ;)
    Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.

Or New Orleans, love to see the people I know have such high expectations and the look on their face after returning. Nothing like the stench smells that come out of the French Quarters. If you can get past the let down, the Muffaletas at Central Market, Hurricanes at O'briens, and the Beignets at Cafe DuMonde at least may the experience tolerable.
    The traffic in baton rouge is horrible.

Not exactly sure how New Orleans fits into the topic - I was referencing crappy college towns. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Herb Street View Post
    Not exactly sure how New Orleans fits into the topic - I was referencing crappy college towns. ;)
    My bad, even though they have a couple of universities there it’s not a college town. I was just piling on.

I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I suggest you leave the stench behind and stay at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. Great location. Rooms are nice and reasonably priced (for New Orleans). Try a balcony suite. The Bourbon "O" Bar in the hotel is the cleanest bar around. Amazing staff -say hey Aimee- knowledgable, intelligent, and great mixologists. My wife loves their Ramos Gin Fizz. Dozens and dozens of bourbons to choose from (the menu describes the choice, distillery, mash bill, distiller, etc). Their bourbon drinks are sublime. Also the best Bloody Mary I've ever had (their own mix). Drop in for one before hitting the very good breakfast buffet in the hotel. Every night excellent jazz with talented, young musicians. A great place to while away the time with perfect drinks, ambiance, and a sense of what New Orleans is supposed to be. A sophisticated bar. Not a wild college crowd of dumb-azzes.

We've stayed at several properties in New Orleans (and paid a lot more-like the Ritz Carlton, Royal Sonesta, Mazarin, Roosevelt, Monteleone), but never again. Damn, I'm ready to head for New Orleans. Again. Maybe for my birthday in April.
    Sounds like fabulous place. I take it you don’t mill around the French Quarter? Just hang out there at hotel? Last time was there during the night hours I could hear gunshots being fired on the other side of the Mississippi in Algiers. Local told me to stay where there was plenty of lighting.

I’ve started staying in Metairie. The food is outstanding in New Orleans. No comparison other than Real Texas Barbecue. If you go there and you like oysters Ye Olde College Inn has the best Oyster PoBoys in Nawlins and that’s saying a lot. Shrimp and grits ain’t bad either. Kenner Seafood is like fresh Seafood Overload without breaking your wallet.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast