Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMAC Signing Day Central

Contribute to D2

Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDigger View Post
    Brand new to D2 and proud papa of an incoming OreDigger recruit. Looking forward to learning RMAC & D2 football. Be gentle.
    This isn't the RMAC message board. You know ... a place to talk about the Nerds. It's the CSUP message board. It used to be the CSC message board until it wasn't.

What does 'CSC' stand for -- once again, be gentle. I understand that Mines & the school down south do have a bit of healthy dislike towards each other when it comes to football. I am looking forward to visiting the 'Thunderbowl' (did I get that correct?).

What does 'CSC' stand for -- once again, be gentle. I understand that Mines & the school down south do have a bit of healthy dislike towards each other when it comes to football. I am looking forward to visiting the 'Thunderbowl' (did I get that correct?).
    Chadron State College. They used to dominate the RMAC until big brother came back home.

Congrats to your son!

I don't think CSUP fans dislike the Nerds. The Mines always puts a good product on the field. The Nerds play hard, fair, and most of the time, smart. But what else would you expect. Plus, who could dislike a nerd? Glad that the Mines had another good recruiting class, your son included.

Now then, I'm not going to say that the Nerds don't dislike the "school down south." They probably do. After CSUP reinstated the football program back in 2008, most thought it was going to be another mediocre RMAC school. I was the sole CSUP poster on this message board back then. As I recall, folks from Chadron, Kearney, Mesa and The Mines made fun of Pueblo and had no idea CSUP would become a perennial RMAC champion. Most thought CSUP was going to be like Adams, Western and Fort Lewis at best. I don't think anybody, including myself, would have predicted that CSUP was going to win a natty after only a handful of years and become the dominant team in the RMAC. All that to say, you can "dislike" that "team down south" if you want. Everybody else in the conference does.

LOL . . . the 'school down south' was something I learned when talking to one of the current Mines players when we were up there on the visit. He is apparently from that area (Pueblo) and has family associated with CSUP. He told us it is always a fun game for him due to the family dynamics. Certainly no disrespect meant on my part. I am just looking forward to learning about & visiting all the schools in the RMAC over the next few years. Should be fun.
    Last edited by TexasDigger; 02-11-2019 at 01:41 PM.

LOL . . . the 'school down south' was something I learned when talking to one of the current Mines players when we were up there on the visit. He is apparently from that area (Pueblo) and has family associated with CSUP. He told us it is always a fun game for him due to the family dynamics. Certainly no disrespect meant on my part. I am just looking forward to learning about & visiting all the schools in the RMAC over the next few years. Should be fun.
    By the way, Chadron, Kearney, The Mines and Mesa were the teams to beat when CSUP restarted the football program. Coach Wristen traveled to Kearney, Nebraska to watch the Lopers play against Chadron State -- the game was broadcast nationally on a Thursday night, and Wristen talked to an announcer at halftime. I don't remember who won but Wristen was so impressed with Chadron that he built CSUP using CSC as a model. Even today, Wristen talks about building CSUP in the image of Chadron State. He liked the hard-nosed blue-collar, no-nonsense physical style the Eagles brought to the field. Chadron State became CSUP's annual "red letter" game -- the team circled on the calendar to beat. I think CSC remains CSUP's "red letter" game to date. Chadron has had its up and downs the past few years but looks to be making a comeback. The RMAC would be a better conference if it had at least 4 or 5 strong teams fighting it out for the conference championship each year. Mesa looked like it was getting there but slipped this past season. Right now it's the Nerds and the T-Wolves. This past season, the Nerds won the regular season game. T-Wolves won the money game; as they should have.

Does Mines even lift?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Does Mines even lift?
    Ha . . . other than books, not sure.

Ha . . . other than books, not sure.
    Shortly after Pueblo started the program up a Mines player asked a Pueblo player if they even had a weights program as they were at time dominating Pueblo. Guessing they didn't know what Pueblo would soon become.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    This isn't the RMAC message board. You know ... a place to talk about the Nerds. It's the CSUP message board. It used to be the CSC message board until it wasn't.
    Except when you have to show off your Oredigger Avatar. Wasn't that just last year? I know you got us in the playoffs. Just had to say something!!!

Quote Originally Posted by togthorn View Post
    Except when you have to show off your Oredigger Avatar. Wasn't that just last year? I know you got us in the playoffs. Just had to say something!!!

Yep. Still the CSUP message board. All you need to do is see whose fans post here more often. Maybe more Nerd fans will join. That would be good.

Talking about avatars, how about another bet. So far you've won once [by luck], and me twice. What are the chances the Nerds win in Pueblo next fall?

Brand new to D2 and proud papa of an incoming OreDigger recruit. Looking forward to learning RMAC & D2 football. Be gentle.
    You'll find that Turbonium is a pompous douche most of the time on here...have fun with him! Of course he'll come at me with something witty like...beat us and you can talk... It's tiring but if you slim over 99% of his BS you'll enjoy the board.

Welcome!

I think we are even. What about the Thursday night lightning delay romp in Golden? Same bet as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Yep. Still the CSUP message board. All you need to do is see whose fans post here more often. Maybe more Nerd fans will join. That would be good.

Talking about avatars, how about another bet. So far you've won once [by luck], and me twice. What are the chances the Nerds win in Pueblo next fall?
    Look at my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by CSCPRIDE View Post
    You'll find that Turbonium is a pompous douche most of the time on here...have fun with him! Of course he'll come at me with something witty like...beat us and you can talk... It's tiring but if you slim over 99% of his BS you'll enjoy the board.

Welcome!
    Classic, it's just too easy with you Chadron fans.

Quote Originally Posted by togthorn View Post
    I think we are even. What about the Thursday night lightning delay romp in Golden? Same bet as always.
    If you call CSUP beating the Nerds twice and the Nerds winning once EVEN ... maybe we are even. Yep, same bet as always. Only this time you're gonna have to sport the CSUP avatar for the whole season.

Well well . . . Good to see there is some 'good natured' (I hope) back n forth. I am just really & truly looking forward to some fun road trips over the next few years.

Welcome to the Pack/RMAC board. We all have a lot of fun taking jabs at each other. Mostly in fun. Sometimes it can get nasty and rude. Just take it all in stride and not let them get to you and things will be just fine. The Nerds are a good team and give CSUP fits when at home. Yes we were built after the CSC model. Mesa was being a pain in the butt for a few years to teams in the conference. Western can surprise a team each year. Ft. Lewis will surprise you when you take them too lightly. The rest of the teams you can use your imagination. But watch out for Highlands. I see something brewing down in Las Vegas, N.M. Road trips are nice. I have made quite a few over the years. I see that you do not have to drive to Dixie St. That's one long road trip, but a very nice area. The areas around each school is very nice if you have the time to sight see. Have fun on the board. We gonna whip the Nerds this year!

Well well . . . Good to see there is some 'good natured' (I hope) back n forth. I am just really & truly looking forward to some fun road trips over the next few years.
    Road trips are the best! As an old retired Pueblo homeboy fan with no real connection to the school or team it gives me the opportunity to meet and chat with the players' and coaches' families in the stands and cheer along with the "true believers" who make the trips. I've driven to LV NM, Adams State, Western, Mesa, Mines, Chadron, Fort Lewis, and of course KC for the Nats in '14 as well as bus trips to WTAM and Mines. With this being the last opportunity, I just may make the trek to St George this year.
    Sprinkles are for winners!

Some people just can't handle when jabs are returned, they take it personally and never get over it. Don't be that guy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast