Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RMAC Signing Day Central

Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by RichardNoggin View Post
    That gym - Six Zero Strength run by Matt McChesney is one of the big scams if I have ever seen one. McChesney publishes an All State team of his own, and big surprise here, 90% of the kids on the team work out at his gym...they pay for the publicity. He pushes kids who have zero D1 offers to pass on D2 and NAIA to walk on at D1's and then uses all these D1 walk ons in self promotion. He tells them that they are better than D2, blah blah blah. He sucks.
    Kind of suspected someone like that had an influence over his recruiting. You can look at photos of the kid and tell his body isn't D1 ready. In fact he looked better as a Soph/Jr than he does as a senior. And all the while taking multiple visits a year to UNLV, CSU, Wyoming, UNC, CU, etc, with no mention whatsoever of CSUP, Mesa, ASU, Western, FLC.

Re: Jackson Hoops from Valor, who signed with Chadron.

Slow and stiff. Good punch, but limited athletically. Needs to drop about 30 lbs of fat and drastically improve his athleticism to have a chance in college. Stands a good chance of disappointing you guys. Wasn't on many schools radar. He didn't even start at Valor. They had two LB's that were 215 lbs who started in front of him.
    Holy moly... replied to your second comment before I read this one. So he didn't even start on his high school team and thought the Buffs might take a chance on him... SMH

3. Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Holy moly... replied to your second comment before I read this one. So he didn't even start on his high school team and thought the Buffs might take a chance on him... SMH
    Does Valor get and have some stud players? Absolutely. But being a backup at Valor doesn't mean you're better than a starter at a lesser program. If Chadron was smart, they didn't allocate a ton of cash for him. And I think they are being cautious with their allocations. I've heard about a few other Colorado players who got offered scraps from Chadron that ended up elsewhere in the RMAC. Probably wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    A 3.9 40 is fast. Faster than the NFL combine record of 4.22. Faster than Usian Bolt.

Will the track coach offer him as well?/sarcasm

Not only is he faster than Usain Bolt, he's faster than Flash. Ha!

Made a typo. Oops! I meant 4.39. Still pretty fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonium View Post
    Looks to be a mistake, he runs a 4.39, all depends on having a QB to get him the ball.
    And being able to catch the ball.

WOU had a WR a few years back that was also a NC qualifier in track in the 11M. Guy was constantly open on fly routes. He also dropped most of them. .

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    Not only is he faster than Usain Bolt, he's faster than Flash. Ha!

Made a typo. Oops! I meant 4.39. Still pretty fast though.
    Yeah, it is fast.

That gym - Six Zero Strength run by Matt McChesney is one of the big scams if I have ever seen one. McChesney publishes an All State team of his own, and big surprise here, 90% of the kids on the team work out at his gym...they pay for the publicity. He pushes kids who have zero D1 offers to pass on D2 and NAIA to walk on at D1's and then uses all these D1 walk ons in self promotion. He tells them that they are better than D2, blah blah blah. He sucks.
    Sour grapes. Beat out your own little angel, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    No, anyone close to Colorado football should know this. Same thing with Jenkins “elite”

They get these kids parents to pay a couple thousand a year to get an okay high school workout and post some videos on Instagram with the hopes of turning hype into an offer.
    I’ll give you a for instance with what he was talking on these gym all state teams from last year.
    QB1 1587 yards 52% completion 16 TD 15 Int, 464 rushing 10 TD
    QB2 3442 yards 60% completion 48 TD 8 Int, 159 rushing 8 TD
    QB 1 also from a lower classification and whose team finished with a worse record but was put on their all state team because he works at their gym.
    Last edited by twolfbenchwarmer; 02-07-2019 at 07:55 PM.

WOU had a WR a few years back that was also a NC qualifier in track in the 11M. Guy was constantly open on fly routes. He also dropped most of them. .
    At this point, if they have a QB getting the ball there consistently it'll be progress.

You decide ...

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9825649...5ee40ae8214bbd

Quote Originally Posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    A 6'7 QB that could have been a preferred walk-on at Oregon State seems like a promising add.
    He has a peculiar release. His strength is running not passing the ball, which seems odd for a guy that tall.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3173559/Zack-Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
    He has a peculiar release. His strength is running not passing the ball, which seems odd for a guy that tall.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3173559/Zack-Anderson
    Yea, you're right. Looks like he's serving the ball off a platter. That may be hard to fix. Could be a big wildcat type QB in certain packages. According to one sports news report in GJ he was recruited to play tight end for Mesa.
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-13-2019 at 11:51 PM. Reason: more information on recruit from local news

13. Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by Clean Liver View Post
    My son is 3 yrs old and my daughter is due next month, so yeah, I suppose he is better at football than my kids.

14. Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    No, anyone close to Colorado football should know this. Same thing with Jenkins “elite”

They get these kids parents to pay a couple thousand a year to get an okay high school workout and post some videos on Instagram with the hopes of turning hype into an offer.
    I’ll give you a for instance with what he was talking on these gym all state teams from last year.
    QB1 1587 yards 52% completion 16 TD 15 Int, 464 rushing 10 TD
    QB2 3442 yards 60% completion 48 TD 8 Int, 159 rushing 8 TD
    QB 1 also from a lower classification and whose team finished with a worse record but was put on their all state team because he works at their gym.
    Yep, he's another turd. Says he played in the NFL. 1 offseason / ota / Preseason with the Rams. He was 1 for 1 for 7 yards. On his bio it says he was let go after posting a QBR of 95.8. While not a lie, it's certainly overplaying accomplishments.
    Last edited by RichardNoggin; 02-08-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Yep, he's another turd. Says he played in the NFL. Dude had an offseason cup of coffee with the Broncos - that's not playing in the NFL. That's fooling people who should know better. Jenkins included.
    I don’t mind the business aspect at all, sell yourself and make money off whoever you want to however you want to as long as it’s legal. Just acknowledge what you are and don’t give kids and parents unreasonable expectations for a recruiting experience.

16. Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

Quote Originally Posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
    I don’t mind the business aspect at all, sell yourself and make money off whoever you want to however you want to as long as it’s legal. Just acknowledge what you are and don’t give kids and parents unreasonable expectations for a recruiting experience.
    For sure. Totally agree.

My son is 3 yrs old and my daughter is due next month, so yeah, I suppose he is better at football than my kids.
    You act like you have either personal contact or knowledge about someone you say "sucks." As if he did somethin' to you or someone close to you. Obviously my post was off-base, and I apologize, but I believe you understand the gist of it. I've been around here long enough to know how people react. I've never met the gentleman in question, but know he does have a positive reputation among student-athletes, and probably a good number of coaches, along the Front Range.

Unless you've had a very negative personal experience, callin' out someone is not cool. Plenty of name-callin' bulls**t on the Off Topic thread.

Hope your team/program was successful today.

18. Default Re: RMAC Signing Day Central

It's not an act. I do have personal knowledge of his program. No need to apologize, I don't need or want one. In the spirit of unnecessary apologies, I'll give you one. I'm sorry you chose my opinion as the one that would upset you. You don't think calling people out is cool? I get it, and respect that. I don't think his methods, obnoxious self promotion and bs is cool. And the lazy local media that just reprints his All Six Zero Strength Team as some impartial All State list is laughable. Promise you, most of them all pay to work out at his gym. There have been guys who.don't start on their HS team get postseason honors from him (in addition to the kid going to Chadron.) Your reaction is pretty hilarious. Gee, one might think YOU are the one with the personal connection. But I'll take you at your word that you don't know the man.
    Last edited by RichardNoggin; 02-07-2019 at 11:52 PM.

Last edited by mountaineermagic; 02-08-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Brand new to D2 and proud papa of an incoming OreDigger recruit. Looking forward to learning RMAC & D2 football. Be gentle.
    Last edited by TexasDigger; 02-11-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast