Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Signing Day

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Signing Day

    https://twitter.com/splitfacenation

    Pitt's recruits are being posted here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chillicothe...Home of Sliced Bread
    Posts
    3,780
    Rep Power
    50473

    Default Re: Signing Day

    We have a BIG list...maybe compensating for something.
    IH8FERRIS

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    We have a BIG list...maybe compensating for something.
    If you are talking about Pitt, the compensation isn't working.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Couple of QB highlights that make me think Weimers wants to bring back the veer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    If the JuCo HB pans out, it could be a fun O to watch, though.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
    We have a BIG list...maybe compensating for something.
    6 offensive coordinators?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Wallst View Post
    6 offensive coordinators?
    Correct. That helps to spread the blame, so we have no clue who to get rid of.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred33 View Post
    Correct. That helps to spread the blame, so we have no clue who to get rid of.

    So we’ve gone from the dual punter to dual-QB to 6 OCs? What’s next ... an HC for the O, one for the D, one for special teams, and one Head Head Coach to rule them all? :-).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Coach Wright, "We have to get bigger on the lines if we want to get out of our region and compete for a National Championship."

    He was pretty high on the transfer RB from Kent State and one of the transfer WRs must have elite speed.

  10. Default Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcat97 View Post
    Coach Wright, "We have to get bigger on the lines if we want to get out of our region and compete for a National Championship."

    He was pretty high on the transfer RB from Kent State and one of the transfer WRs must have elite speed.

    But can that WR catch consistently at speed? Can he get separation? And can he run consistent routes? That’s what separates a George Sehl or Randy Schmidt from a Shawn Bane ....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    But can that WR catch consistently at speed? Can he get separation? And can he run consistent routes? That’s what separates a George Sehl or Randy Schmidt from a Shawn Bane ....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be worse. You could have a WR who can get open whenever he wants, but might go a game or two without wanting to between periods of wanting to like Pitt had a few years ago.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    1,006
    Rep Power
    11362

    Default Re: Signing Day

    " But there's not many local kids ... how can you have a following with no local kids" ... hypocrite.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    " But there's not many local kids ... how can you have a following with no local kids" ... hypocrite.
    Win and you'll get a following.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    So we’ve gone from the dual punter to dual-QB to 6 OCs? What’s next ... an HC for the O, one for the D, one for special teams, and one Head Head Coach to rule them all? :-).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's kind of how it's supposed to work, is it not?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    " But there's not many local kids ... how can you have a following with no local kids" ... hypocrite.
    Pitt got the Mo 4A DPOY, a 3 star WR, and a D1 transfer locally.

    Maybe they tried for quality over quantity?

    Just kidding.

    I do think this may be the smallest number of local players Pitt has ever had on signing day. They'll get some local walk ons between now and then, but this is definitely an unusual class. Hopefully that's a good thing?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
    Win and you'll get a following.
    Are you talking about Pitt or Southern, as it seems to apply to both lately.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Signing Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Are you talking about Pitt or Southern, as it seems to apply to both lately.
    Winning fixes everything everywhere, lol.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,934
    Rep Power
    529002

    Default Re: Signing Day

    We'll see how they pan out, but it looks like they got some really good LB's for the future.

    Any other teams have a list out yet?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Chillicothe...Home of Sliced Bread
    Posts
    3,780
    Rep Power
    50473

    Default Re: Signing Day

    IH8FERRIS

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •