Trenton Baker DL Reservoir HS Laurel, MD
    Josh Harrison LB Perry Hall HS Nottingham, MD
    Tavian Montgomery DB Westminster HS Westminster, MD
    Colin Poisker OL Delsea HS Elk Township, NJ
    Jalen Walters QB Eleanor Roosevelt HS Greenbelt, MD
    Emonte Vaught DL CD Hylton HS Woodbridge, VA
    Corey Shell DB Mergenthaler VO-Tech HS Baltimore, MD
    Joshua Hayes DB Freedom HS Woodbridge, VA

I'll add some more as I see it, also looks like Hakeem Holland from a couple years back is making noise that he's coming back this spring. Think he battled some injuries the last year or so and missed this past season with a knee issue. He had that debut of like 3 tds and 150 yds or so against Notre Dame and 2017 then was gone... hopefully he can stay with us this time, was pretty explosive.
    Last edited by Ram040506; 02-07-2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: More to add

Default Re: Shepherd Recruiting 2019

Thanks for the update -- just curious if you might know whatever happened to RB Brandon Hlavach? Last I heard (end of 2016 I believe) he was battling knee issues but I thought there was the hope that he might come back at some point. He was a beast!!

Quote Originally Posted by nova2wv View Post
    Thanks for the update -- just curious if you might know whatever happened to RB Brandon Hlavach? Last I heard (end of 2016 I believe) he was battling knee issues but I thought there was the hope that he might come back at some point. He was a beast!!
    Pretty sure he gave up football. Transferred to a bigger university and is enjoying the regular life.

Updated the first list with some more guys this afternoon. Lots of DB's.

Still some time before more signings come in. But I am a little surprised with the small amount of signees (actually one for now) from the PG County area. Shepherd usually hit that area rather hard.

Quote Originally Posted by nova2wv View Post
    He could have broke every rushing record in the book at Shepherd. Had both knees operated on after the 2016 season, could not come back. As a freshman he ripped through Cal in the regional finals. Hope he is doing well.

I noticed on the Shepherd 2019 roster they only have one QB listed (Bagent), it was a tough three way battle last year with Curren and Darcy. I guess they probably transferred, anyone know anything about those two? Only having one QB and I see above that we have one committed, but we definately need some depth there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    I noticed on the Shepherd 2019 roster they only have one QB listed (Bagent), it was a tough three way battle last year with Curren and Darcy. I guess they probably transferred, anyone know anything about those two? Only having one QB and I see above that we have one committed, but we definately need some depth there.
    That would definitely be cause for concern. They added another guy I saw on twitter as a QB from ER in PG county later in the day yesterday as well. So at least have 2 coming in on this cycle. They have little highlights of each player for each announcement, thought that was a nice thing kids I'm sure like now a days. Been doing that the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Still some time before more signings come in. But I am a little surprised with the small amount of signees (actually one for now) from the PG County area. Shepherd usually hit that area rather hard.
    That is a little low from there & the So. Md. area but it looks like Frostburg made up for it!

Looks like 26 in total, maybe a few more come in over the next few weeks. Looks like a good mix. Defense plays usually 5/6 DB's with the OLB spot being essentially a DB usually (one that doesn't mind a little extra contact) for versatility week to week. So makes sense with having by my count 7 DB's on the initial count here.

DL was a huge need and they have a good few bodies to add to the fray. Hopefully they stick as we need some more physical players at the point of attack on the inside. Run defense has been the worst its been in the last 15 years IMO, so they need guys that are ready to hit and not just circle around lineman looking for sacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShepFan1 View Post
    The depth issue is a concern, to be sure. But let there be no doubt that, barring injury, you're set at the position through 2021.

I see one from the 757 - I really wish they would recruit more down in the Tidewater area. There is so much talent that goes unnoticed if they aren't going to a D1 school. Virginia Union and Virginia State appear to be the only D2 schools that hit this area hard.

Also, trying to recall when/if they put out anything officially about any Junior College or transfers for the upcoming year -- usually, the only time I notice is when the roster comes out.

13. Default Re: Shepherd Recruiting 2019

Appears the Rams are adding some firepower to fill the void of WR’s in the form of transfers from the Baltimore area. With Holland hopefully coming back, hopefully at least one or two of these guys will also become key contributors. None appear to have Billy Brown size, but they all appear to have good speed.

WR Sebastian Lucas - Perry Hall/Merrimack
    WR Devin Phelps - St Frances/Monmouth
    WR Rodney Dorsey - Tuscarora/Towson
    ATH Jacquez Adams - Franklin/WVU

I think Adams and his twin brother attended WVU as CB’s. If I recall he’s had some eligibility issues. Hopefully all these guys make the most of their opportunity in Shepherdstown. Time will tell.

14. Default Re: Shepherd Recruiting 2019

Article from the Martinsburg Journal highlighting the HS signings

https://www.journal-news.net/journal...20234c84b.html
    Last edited by rockytopram; 02-09-2019 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Additional info

Quote Originally Posted by rockytopram View Post
    Appears the Rams are adding some firepower to fill the void of WR’s in the form of transfers from the Baltimore area. With Holland hopefully coming back, hopefully at least one or two of these guys will also become key contributors. None appear to have Billy Brown size, but they all appear to have good speed.

I think Adams and his twin brother attended WVU as CB’s. If I recall he’s had some eligibility issues. Hopefully all these guys make the most of their opportunity in Shepherdstown. Time will tell.
    Transfers are always 50-50, sometimes they were over rated when they went to a D1 school and can’t even make it at the D2 level. Others are real good players but want to be closer to home.

Personally I am happy to get them however because we lost our two best WRs. Need to get out QB some targets...we are set at TE and I see them getting a lot of balls thrown their way.

16. Default Re: Shepherd Recruiting 2019

DL coach Sam Daniels is leaving Shepherd to take the same DL role at Howard. Wish him the best!

DL coach Sam Daniels is leaving Shepherd to take the same DL role at Howard. Wish him the best!
    Good luck to Sam! He was a good coach, but not irreplaceable. They’ll find someone good to join the fray. Wish Ramal would come back from Fairmont!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    Good luck to Sam! He was a good coach, but not irreplaceable. They’ll find someone good to join the fray. Wish Ramal would come back from Fairmont!
    I wish he'd return as well. I was told that he was a big reason why Shepherd had success recruiting the Dline players when he was in Shepherdstown. A good number of guys he coached went on to either play or get a look at the next level. It looks like he has an expanded role at Fairmont and would probably be looking to be a coordinator at his next stop. I think Shepherd has a pretty good D coordinator right now.
    Last edited by wvftballfan; 02-12-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram040506 View Post
    You never know what you had until its gone. Quality coaches like that don't just fall into your lap. He will be missed.

20. Default Re: Shepherd Recruiting 2019

Just FYI Adams has not had ANY eligibility issues anywhere at anytime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast