Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: OT: Softball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT: Softball

It appears that ASU could be in for a long season. We just don't have the pitching to compete. Our offense is typically going to produce enough to be in most games, but our pitching is just not close to the level that it needs to be. Really hurts when we have two scholarships to players who didn't make it to fall camp that would have been our #1 & 2 arms.

We are currently 6-6 with Kingsville and Commerce left as well as UTPB, ENMU, MSU, and Cameron. If you are an ASU fan, you've got to make it out to the field to support these ladies. They are doing the absolute best they can and are doing a great job of representing ASU with the correct demeanor on and off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    It appears that ASU could be in for a long season. We just don't have the pitching to compete. Our offense is typically going to produce enough to be in most games, but our pitching is just not close to the level that it needs to be. Really hurts when we have two scholarships to players who didn't make it to fall camp that would have been our #1 & 2 arms.

We are currently 6-6 with Kingsville and Commerce left as well as UTPB, ENMU, MSU, and Cameron. If you are an ASU fan, you've got to make it out to the field to support these ladies. They are doing the absolute best they can and are doing a great job of representing ASU with the correct demeanor on and off the field.
    It doesn't seem like the LSC is as strong in softball as in previous years. We definitely have challenges with pitching too, though they seem to getting better. When Starkey pitches, we have no good choices to take over left field. Still, 18-5 is a pretty good record.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    It doesn't seem like the LSC is as strong in softball as in previous years. We definitely have challenges with pitching too, though they seem to getting better. When Starkey pitches, we have no good choices to take over left field. Still, 18-5 is a pretty good record.
    I would agree that the LSC as a whole is up for grabs. I've got to think WT or Kingsville is sitting in the drivers seat currently. I don't know what the rest of the region looks like, but I would agree that it is a down year across the board for the LSC

4. Default Re: OT: Softball

Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I would agree that the LSC as a whole is up for grabs. I've got to think WT or Kingsville is sitting in the drivers seat currently. I don't know what the rest of the region looks like, but I would agree that it is a down year across the board for the LSC
    We are about to find out this weekend if WT softball is for real or just a paper tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by sobafish View Post
    We are about to find out this weekend if WT softball is for real or just a paper tiger.
    Yep should be a pretty good measuring stick

WT blows away the MSU Denver Roadrunners, 10-1, 14-3. Miranda Martinez pitches the final inning of each run-ruled game.

There were 2 other games in Colorado scheduled, but they have been canceled. Next up will be Commerce. Beware the Ides of March.

7. Default Re: OT: Softball

A Shakespeare fan, Julius Cesar.

Julius Cesar? Wasn't he a left fielder for the Orioles?

Or were you referring to Julius Caesar?

The man made a great salad - with anchovies of course!

WT blows away the MSU Denver Roadrunners, 10-1, 14-3. Miranda Martinez pitches the final inning of each run-ruled game.

There were 2 other games in Colorado scheduled, but they have been canceled. Next up will be Commerce. Beware the Ides of March.
    *YAWN*

It was a home run fest in Canyon this afternoon. Commerce hit 2 in the first inning, but were shut down by Lair (12-0) after that.

Salzman hit 2, Vessels hit her 3rd of her career (all this week), Starkey hit one inside the park, and Cruz finished off the scoring with a 3 run walk off-homer, which ended the game, 10-2, in the 5th.
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 03-15-2019 at 05:25 PM.

WT beats Commerce 9-8 in game one today. Ridiculous. WT had a 9-2 lead going into the 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    WT beats Commerce 9-8 in game one today. Ridiculous. WT had a 9-2 lead going into the 7th.
    It didn’t look promising there for a bit with the bases continually staying loaded with no outs. Glad we pulled it out!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Yes that was painful to watch, and listen to thanks to self-appointed screeching cheerleader Mrs Starkey. Thankfully I had a mute button at home.

Candace needs to do a better job of pulling a pitcher when it's time. Also subbing when you are about to run-rule a team is a bad idea.

It was good to see a bit of life from the Lions. They been underperforming most of the season.

Yes that was painful to watch, and listen to thanks to self-appointed screeching cheerleader Mrs Starkey. Thankfully I had a mute button at home.

Candace needs to do a better job of pulling a pitcher when it's time. Also subbing when you are about to run-rule a team is a bad idea.
    Thankfully no audio for game 2. You Buff fans ***** about every called strike. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    Thankfully no audio for game 2. You Buff fans ***** about every called strike. Lol
    I really like our play by play announcer but he must have had the microphone in a different mode today. Way too much noise.

I can't believe they called that base stealer safe!

Wow, I'm glad I missed the last half of the last game. Commerce run rules us, 13-5.

Putting Starkey back in as pitcher when she was not in control in the first game didn't make much sense. Starkey is my favorite player, but she just wasn't having a good day.

Congratulations to Commerce for figuring out our pitching.

WT's schedule has changed a couple of times this week. Right now they are playing at Cameron. After 3 innings, WT has managed 2 hits and trail 2-0.

The video and sound are very good, with replays, and good commentators. https://team1sports.com/cameron/

WT goes down in flames, managing only 4 hits to Cameron's 13 to be run-ruled, 8-0 in 5 innings. Huggins remains benched.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast