Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: OT: Softball

Contribute to D2

Default Re: OT: Softball

New coaches poll: https://nfca.org/index.php?option=co...2019&pdiv=div2

Commerce #2, Angelo #6, Tarleton #12, WT #21. Strangely, no votes for Kingsville in top 25 yet.

2. Default Re: OT: Softball

Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

Commerce #2, Angelo #6, Tarleton #12, WT #21. Strangely, no votes for Kingsville in top 25 yet.
    If we keep winning, it will take care of itself. Hope we can do just that this weekend against etsu.
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Thanks for posting that link. I had to look up #1 Saint Anselm, which I had never heard of. Up until last year they were not on the map softball-wise. The only common team I remember us playing is Grand Valley.

This is a great video that explains how fast softball is compared to MLB.

https://youtu.be/LXEoK1dufbk

WT got by MSU last night 3-1. Lair goes 8-0. At 2pm today they play a double header.

Looks like our former SS/3B/2B is doing well with her new team, and with many fewer errors. I miss her bat, she would have been a great DP for us.

https://nsusharks.com/news/2019/2/11...7I40QpOVNlcYSM

WT sweeps MSU, and now has a winning streak of 12 games. Lair gets her first shutout, and is 9-0.

Things are looking up!

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    WT sweeps MSU, and now has a winning streak of 12 games. Lair gets her first shutout, and is 9-0.

Things are looking up!
    Looking at the box score, our bats were pretty quiet. I'm out of town and didn't get to go to the games. Was the MW pitcher Muniz that good?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Looking at the box score, our bats were pretty quiet. I'm out of town and didn't get to go to the games. Was the MW pitcher Muniz that good?
    In the final game, yes, she was very good. It was 2 HRs by Moore that accounted for the scoring. MSU has a good team.

In the earlier game, I thought our LF could have made the play that resulted in 2 runs. She did make another difficult play later on. We don't have much of a bench (Starkey was pitching) and what we do have are poor hitters.

The Lady Javs got the sweep over the number two ranked team in the nation in Commerce. So that is five wins in six games over two top ten teams and 19-2 overall record.

Can these ladies get some love in the polls please?

The Lady Javs got the sweep over the number two ranked team in the nation in Commerce. So that is five wins in six games over two top ten teams and 19-2 overall record.

Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post

WOW! You can bet they will be in the top 25 now.

Kingsville has a good team. Commerce offense has disappeared over the last 2 weeks. Gonna be a disappointing season if they dont start hitting better.

Lady Buff's kicked a field goal in the bottom of the 6th this afternoon to run rule LCU 18-9. Wait, wait, wait, that was a 3 run homer by freshman Salzman, her second of the game, not a field goal. Jeez, if the Lady Buffs just had some consistent pitching.... If they had even a 3.0 ERA.......!!! It's a tall order to keep out-scoring teams. Pitching usually trumps hitting. 13 wins in a row for WT.

I sure hope Abrams goes out and find a stud pitcher for next season. Or better, Starkey and Lair turn it around sooooon.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 03-05-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Lady Buff's kicked a field goal in the bottom of the 6th this afternoon to run rule LCU 18-9. Wait, wait, wait, that was a 3 run homer by freshman Salzman, her second of the game, not a field goal. Jeez, if the Lady Buffs just had some consistent pitching.... If they had even a 3.0 ERA.......!!! It's a tall order to keep out-scoring teams. Pitching usually trumps hitting. 13 wins in a row for WT.

I sure hope Abrams goes out and find a stud pitcher for next season. Or better, Starkey and Lair turn it around sooooon.
    I wish too, but as we discussed earlier I think this season will run just as far as the pitching we have will take us. Our defense & hitting are gradually improving (both needed it too). I do believe Lair will improve on control & if the strength & conditioning holds true she will gain a good bit of speed too.

One thing I do like about this year's team is that they find a way to win. In the 3 MSU games, we had 4 hits per game, but swept the series.

In the last 2 LCU matches, it was a free-for-all with plenty of unearned runs, but today we gave up 6 earned runs - not good, but we won. Against Angelo, Starkey held Angelo to 1 run, in her complete game win.

Last year we went 1-4 against Angelo, this year we are 3-0 so far. LCU ran over us last year, but this year we are 2-1 against them. We have only lost 1 game by more than 1 run, so evidently the team feels like they can win any game (unlike last year).

If you like variety, and winning, this is the team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    One thing I do like about this year's team is that they find a way to win. In the 3 MSU games, we had 4 hits per game, but swept the series.

In the last 2 LCU matches, it was a free-for-all with plenty of unearned runs, but today we gave up 6 earned runs - not good, but we won. Against Angelo, Starkey held Angelo to 1 run, in her complete game win.

Last year we went 1-4 against Angelo, this year we are 3-0 so far. LCU ran over us last year, but this year we are 2-1 against them. We have only lost 1 game by more than 1 run, so evidently the team feels like they can win any game (unlike last year).

If you like variety, and winning, this is the team to watch.
    *YAWN*

Interesting rankings. I think we are over-ranked. I know Commerce and Kingsville will be big challenges for us.

WT fell on hard times against UT Permian, losing 1 game to a team with a 3-17 record and a winless pitcher. The Lady Buffs managed only one run in that game.

They did win the other 2 games, and blew them out in the finale with Coveney pitching the entire game.

How did everyone else do?
    Last edited by WT_TKW; 03-10-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Commerce run ruled ENMU all 3 games. Only allowed 1 run all weekend.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast