Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 442

Thread: OT: Softball

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,598
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    65141

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by sobafish View Post
    I am not sure what wall you were talking about; I’ve been going to WT softball games since the inception and I have never seen her number on the wall. That is one of the reasons Hardin was so upset;I think it should be there but that is another discussion.
    Referring to Lacey

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by sobafish View Post
    There may have been a slim chance that Ashley Harden could have had her name placed on the left field wall with the WT great players.As a long time follower of WT softball I can assure you that will never happen thanks to her father.
    When Lemos first came to WT she wore 1, but changed it to 3 a year or 2 later. Her number (3) was retired. but Hardin was wearing it by then. So, I wondered, if Hardin does really well, how can they retire her number, when it's already been retired? Thanks to the controversies, I do believe that has become a moot point.

    However, I would like to see Shayne Starkey's #0 be retired. Despite all the controversies the last 2 years, and even with her parents voicing disapproval for Candace and the AD, Shayne continued to do her best on the field. Without her we would have been fortunate to be above .500.

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    3rd stall on the left
    Posts
    4,069
    Rep Power
    63817

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffTough View Post
    I love how the guy compares ACU stadium to WTs new Stadium. ACU seats 12k while WT only seats 8500.... Uhhhh no. ACU seats 9k with grass seating of 3k. Almost the same exact size as WTs.
    ACU's asses are much wider so it's actually less.

  4. #304

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    When Lemos first came to WT she wore 1, but changed it to 3 a year or 2 later. Her number (3) was retired. but Hardin was wearing it by then. So, I wondered, if Hardin does really well, how can they retire her number, when it's already been retired? Thanks to the controversies, I do believe that has become a moot point.

    However, I would like to see Shayne Starkey's #0 be retired. Despite all the controversies the last 2 years, and even with her parents voicing disapproval for Candace and the AD, Shayne continued to do her best on the field. Without her we would have been fortunate to be above .500.
    WT does not "retire" numbers. The players are honored in their respective venues. Mo Cheeks was #10, and that is one number that should have been retired, but that number has been worn by many players since Mo was at WT.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,748
    Rep Power
    658376

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    When Lemos first came to WT she wore 1, but changed it to 3 a year or 2 later. Her number (3) was retired. but Hardin was wearing it by then. So, I wondered, if Hardin does really well, how can they retire her number, when it's already been retired? Thanks to the controversies, I do believe that has become a moot point.

    However, I would like to see Shayne Starkey's #0 be retired. Despite all the controversies the last 2 years, and even with her parents voicing disapproval for Candace and the AD, Shayne continued to do her best on the field. Without her we would have been fortunate to be above .500.
    No way Starkey was in the same tier as the girls on the wall. Not even close. She was a better than average pitcher and player, but not a program all-timer. If you look at on-the-field performance and stats, Hardin should be. But after what I'm hearing about the locker room and off the field antics plus her Dad, it'll never happen.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-16-2019 at 04:36 PM.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    65141

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    I could see Kylee Moore going on the wall, girl was legit! Glad to see here leaving!

  7. #307

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    I could see Kylee Moore going on the wall, girl was legit! Glad to see here leaving!
    Not sure how that will work with the coach gone. Who makes that decision? But, yes, she should be up there!

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,748
    Rep Power
    658376

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Not sure how that will work with the coach gone. Who makes that decision? But, yes, she should be up there!
    She's got a chance!

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    WT does not "retire" numbers. The players are honored in their respective venues. Mo Cheeks was #10, and that is one number that should have been retired, but that number has been worn by many players since Mo was at WT.
    I haven't seen a #10 since LeComte got her number on the wall. Maybe it was an unofficial policy, but Kim has been gone 6 years, and that's a pretty common number. The same is true for Erwin (#34) and Taylor (#23). With a new coach that might change, but we will see.

    I do agree about Cheeks, but at least he got a statue.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    No way Starkey was in the same tier as the girls on the wall. Not even close. She was a better than average pitcher and player, but not a program all-timer. If you look at on-the-field performance and stats, Hardin should be. But after what I'm hearing about the locker room and off the field antics plus her Dad, it'll never happen.
    Starkey wasn't a great pitcher but we would have been lost without her the last 2 years. She also did a great job at first base and left field. She played in almost every game for 4 years, winning 36 games from the circle (30 in the last 2 years) and hit .365 for her career. If you look at the sum total, it's a very impressive career.

    Moore likely will be up there, depending on who makes the decisions.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Kingsville gets by Cameron today 12-8 thanks to a dreadful defensive 3rd inning by Cameron (9 runs allowed).

    For the game, Cameron gave up only 3 earned runs.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,748
    Rep Power
    658376

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Starkey wasn't a great pitcher but we would have been lost without her the last 2 years. She also did a great job at first base and left field. She played in almost every game for 4 years, winning 36 games from the circle (30 in the last 2 years) and hit .365 for her career. If you look at the sum total, it's a very impressive career.

    Moore likely will be up there, depending on who makes the decisions.
    That just confirms that our pitching staff was not top tier this year. Starkey had an impressive career. But, not an all-time great player career. She wasn't a Kim LaConte or Renee Erwin. It would be like comparing Joe Peptone to Mickey Mantle. That ought to date me.

  13. #313
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Missouri Ozarks & South Texas
    Posts
    5,779
    Rep Power
    1452

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Lady Javs completed sweep of Cameron today. Now, on to Colorado and the D2 National Championships. Most of our players return. Our two 20+ win pitchers return next year. GO LADY JAVS!

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,875
    Rep Power
    435120

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by missourijavelina View Post
    Lady Javs completed sweep of Cameron today. Now, on to Colorado and the D2 National Championships. Most of our players return. Our two 20+ win pitchers return next year. GO LADY JAVS!
    Best of luck! Y`all kicked our asses all season, so you must be pretty good. They can beat anyone in the country as long as they minimize errors.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by missourijavelina View Post
    Lady Javs completed sweep of Cameron today. Now, on to Colorado and the D2 National Championships. Most of our players return. Our two 20+ win pitchers return next year. GO LADY JAVS!
    Best of luck!

  16. #316
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,321
    Rep Power
    186881

    Default

    Congrats to the Lady Javs.

    The softballs ought to flying in the mile high air in Denver.

  17. #317
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Missouri Ozarks & South Texas
    Posts
    5,779
    Rep Power
    1452

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by LSC Fan View Post
    Congrats to the Lady Javs.

    The softballs ought to flying in the mile high air in Denver.
    Lady Javs are 48 wins and 8 losses for the season. Let the double elimination D2 World Series begin. We meet Grand Valley in our initial game.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,748
    Rep Power
    658376

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by missourijavelina View Post
    Lady Javs are 48 wins and 8 losses for the season. Let the double elimination D2 World Series begin. We meet Grand Valley in our initial game.
    Win it all, lady javs. Maybe WT can hire your coach away!!!

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,343
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Win it all, lady javs. Maybe WT can hire your coach away!!!
    I've been thinking the same thing.

  20. Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    Win it all, lady javs. Maybe WT can hire your coach away!!!
    Start with some of our former coaches. One is in the RMAC, and another is freshly available from tamuccsux
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •