Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 372

Thread: OT: Softball

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,605
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    640472

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Good points on softball.

    Regarding the AD, how.good has the football team been since he fired Carthel? Also -ran would be generous, but at least you will get a better view of Houghtaling this year.
    I'm pulling for the Gerber kid.

    And yes, I'll have a great view. 45 yard line. Top row Club seats right by the Buffalo Club hospitality suite. 18 weeks from today, 126 days, game 1 in our new stadium!

    I just hope the product on the field justifies the investment and commitment in 4 seats at that level.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 05-04-2019 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,280
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    I'm pulling for the Gerber kid.

    And yes, I'll have a great view. 45 yard line. Top row Club seats right by the Buffalo Club hospitality suite. 18 weeks from today, 126 days, game 1 in our new stadium!

    I just hope the product on the field justifies the investment and commitment in 4 seats at that level.
    Me too on Gerber. I'll have to take your word on whether the stadium is worth the big bucks. I'll be watching from home.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Me too on Gerber. I'll have to take your word on whether the stadium is worth the big bucks. I'll be watching from home.
    Once I realized the donations were per seat I was out, haha. I'm not paying that much at this point in my life with kids in daycare

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Any updates on the tournament and potential regional standings

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,285
    Rep Power
    176321

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Any updates on the tournament and potential regional standings
    TAMUK vs Commerce for tourney championship at 7PM.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,856
    Rep Power
    435119

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Any updates on the tournament and potential regional standings
    Currently 1-1, bottom 3rd.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,856
    Rep Power
    435119

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Kingsville beats Commerce 3-1 for the LSC tournament championship. Kingsville & Commerce will likely host first round games with Kingsville hosting the super regional. Selection show is Monday at 9am.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Canyon, Texas
    Posts
    15,605
    Rep Power
    640472

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Once I realized the donations were per seat I was out, haha. I'm not paying that much at this point in my life with kids in daycare
    Smart and reasonable choice. Us old farts don't have those expenses.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,280
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball


  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by WT_TKW View Post
    Bad draw, seems like Mesa is usually pretty good

  11. Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Bad draw, seems like Mesa is usually pretty good
    Not according to Jeremy Bryant. He was questioning whether they should make the field over Angelo.



    From twitter

    The @NCAADII committee will have to decide between a Colorado Mesa team who went 45-9 in a weak conference or Angelo State who went 34-20 in arguably the toughest conference in D2 softball
    Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,856
    Rep Power
    435119

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Here are the tournament brackets: https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/f...Selections.pdf

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by JavsFan View Post
    Not according to Jeremy Bryant. He was questioning whether they should make the field over Angelo.



    From twitter
    Interesting, I guess I'm out of the loop.

    Looks like you may have something to cheer about this year, they ought to be able to win the regional

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    55140

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    Interesting, I guess I'm out of the loop.

    Looks like you may have something to cheer about this year, they ought to be able to win the regional
    Mesa is always a mixed bag, their record is always great but they play a bunch of nobodies. My guess would be that if Mesa were in our conference, they would be competing for 3-4 most years. I don't think they had a single win over a top 25 program.
    Correction: They played Dixie St in early March when Dixie was #22. Dixie ended the season not ranked at all.
    Last edited by ASURAM2010; 05-07-2019 at 08:54 AM.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Canyon, TX
    Posts
    1,247
    Rep Power
    73361

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Mesa is always a mixed bag, their record is always great but they play a bunch of nobodies. My guess would be that if Mesa were in our conference, they would be competing for 3-4 most years. I don't think they had a single win over a top 25 program.
    Correction: They played Dixie St in early March when Dixie was #22. Dixie ended the season not ranked at all.
    I saw a clip on the local news last night of WTs coach. She seemed to be pretty optimistic about there chances against Mesa. She said they could swing the bat and she talked about one of their pitchers. I still wouldn't be surprised to see WT lose due to lack of pitching

  16. #216
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    55140

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
    I saw a clip on the local news last night of WTs coach. She seemed to be pretty optimistic about there chances against Mesa. She said they could swing the bat and she talked about one of their pitchers. I still wouldn't be surprised to see WT lose due to lack of pitching
    I said at the beginning of the year how our pitching would be what dictates the success of our season, and boy was I right. Although, I would much rather have been wrong about that and still be playing. WT is going to be dangerous because of how potent that offense can be. I would bet that Kylee doesn't see a ton of pitches to hit this weekend, unless absolutely necessary.
    I fully expect you guys to beat Mesa and then match up with Kingsville.

    I was looking at the different regional brackets and the south central (combining the two) is hands down the toughest region in the country based on national rankings. I think of the 8 teams, 5 are ranked (3 in the top 10) and one other is receiving votes. The south central region 1 bracket is absolutely brutal as 3 of the 4 are ranked in the top 11 in the country. Kingsville at 3, WT at 9, Mesa at 11. The other regional has Commerce at 7, Tarleton at 19, Cameron receiving votes and then Dixie State

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    6,280
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    WT takes down Mesa, 7-3, and will likely play Kingsville tomorrow.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    15,285
    Rep Power
    176321

    Default

    Expect kind of chaotic schedule starting tomorrow. The area is going to get a lot of rain starting tonight and lasting into Saturday. Might push some games into Sunday or Monday if the worse case scenarios pan out.

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Commerce, America
    Posts
    1,856
    Rep Power
    435119

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    WT, Kingsville, Tarleton, and Commerce all won today and advance in winners bracket. WT faces Kingsville, and Tarleton faces Commerce tomorrow. Any of these 4 teams, plus Cameron, would probably be #1 seeds in any other region at the end of the year. This is a brutal conference. And that's with Angelo on a down year.
    Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 05-09-2019 at 09:15 PM.

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    55140

    Default Re: OT: Softball

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
    WT, Kingsville, Tarleton, and Commerce all won today and advance in winners bracket. WT faces Kingsville, and Tarleton faces Commerce tomorrow. Any of these 4 teams, plus Cameron, would probably be #1 seeds in any other region at the end of the year. This is a brutal conference. And that's with Angelo on a down year.
    Yea hope you caught us this year...
    But couldn't agree more with your sentiment. And next year it is only going to get worse when you add in the folks from the Heartland. This conference is brutal.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •