Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 123

Thread: NSIC Week 9 chat

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chaska, MN
    Posts
    2,639
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    218173

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
    That was a crazy make by him. Mason had a beast of a game, not many would have guessed for him to have a game like he did tonight
    Typically the Mavs lose when they don't play any defense. This night they contested and played D for the most part, but Nothern hit the shots. Someone queue LMFAO and Lil Jon.

  2. #102

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    Mary wins 101-87, this is easily the low point of the season. Offensively the ball stops moving and there is little dribble drive activity. Defensively theyre easily thrown out of rotation and surrenser numerous wide open 3s each game. Sure theyre young but this is baaad basketball and apparent to anyone who is watching.
    First thing Billeter talked about in the post-game interview.

  3. #103

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Trevon Evans has to be near the top of the list for most impactful NSIC transfers of the last several years.

  4. #104

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Trevon Evans has to be near the top of the list for most impactful NSIC transfers of the last several years.
    He’s hit some huge shots at the end of this one and it looks like USF will survive a scare and keep their postseason hopes alive.

  5. #105

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Pretty underwhelming Hawaiian Night crowd, but we got the win. A more pedestrian 19/7 for Bruggeman. Schafer and Lee combined for 40 in the win.

    This was the first SMSU weekend sweep for both men's and women's basketball teams since Jan. 21-22, 2011.

  6. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    also forgot to mention that Mankato’s tv color guy needs some work.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector
    Posts
    45,330
    Rep Power
    1000000

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Who would have expected that from Stark?

    Northern had a lot of buckets as the shot clock was going off. Mavs seemed to be playing uphill the entire game. Another home loss. Mavs can play Northern close but can't get over the hump. Looks like Northern will be the regular season champs.

  8. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    also forgot to mention that Mankato’s tv color guy needs some work.
    Barely talked about the game the entire second half....but did explain that he “ sh_t proverbial bricks back in the day before he had to do a radio show.” And then went on to say how good he is as analyst and may need to go see what other job opportunities are out there for his talents. If you can see archive broadcast the last 10 minutes of the Moorhead game you won’t believe it.
    Last edited by Moorhead123; 02-03-2019 at 03:20 PM.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,712
    Rep Power
    136964

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    also forgot to mention that Mankato’s tv color guy needs some work.
    To be fair you're spoiled because.....no one compares to, NO ONE COMPARES TO Steve d'Eustachio!!

  10. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    To be fair you're spoiled because.....no one compares to, NO ONE COMPARES TO Steve d'Eustachio!!
    He does do a really good job...couldn’t believe the two Mankato guys...I think they may be volunteer students or something, but good grief...

  11. #111

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Barely talked about the game the entire second half....but did explain that he “ sh_t proverbial bricks back in the day before he had to do a radio show.” And then went on to say how good he is as analyst and may need to go see what other job opportunities are out there for his talents. If you can see archive broadcast the last 10 minutes of the Moorhead game you won’t believe it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    To be fair you're spoiled because.....no one compares to, NO ONE COMPARES TO Steve d'Eustachio!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    He does do a really good job...couldn’t believe the two Mankato guys...I think they may be volunteer students or something, but good grief...
    Augieholic beat me to it. Hearing about Steve's ex-wife and their divorce and how they "make it work for the kids" was one of several highlights in the Augie/Moorhead a few weeks back.

  12. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Augieholic beat me to it. Hearing about Steve's ex-wife and their divorce and how they "make it work for the kids" was one of several highlights in the Augie/Moorhead a few weeks back.
    I’m okay with some of it...don’t need basketball analysis the entire game, but Mankato guys almost didn’t talk about the game the entire second half...and it was a close good game. If it was 30 point blowout I might give them benefit of doubt.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Renville County, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,604
    Rep Power
    2987

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    also forgot to mention that Mankato’s tv color guy needs some work.
    I'm sure they are both volunteers and students, so I commend them for that. And for getting experience. I agree that the long dialogues unrelated to the game were largely irrelevant, and unnecessary.

  14. #114

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Oh they have actual TV guys at Mankato now? For years they just used the old guy who does radio

  15. #115

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    also forgot to mention that Mankato’s tv color guy needs some work.
    I love the free NSIC games we get to watch. However, Mankato’s was among the worst of the year. The announcers weren’t great and they try to do too much in producing the game. I commend the effort, but too much camera switching and zoomed in way too far most of the time.

  16. #116

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I love the free NSIC games we get to watch. However, Mankato’s was among the worst of the year. The announcers weren’t great and they try to do too much in producing the game. I commend the effort, but too much camera switching and zoomed in way too far most of the time.
    Fealt like I was watching an episode of NYPD Blue (that was a great show) viewing the St. Cloud feed on Saturday.

  17. #117

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I love the free NSIC games we get to watch. However, Mankato’s was among the worst of the year. The announcers weren’t great and they try to do too much in producing the game. I commend the effort, but too much camera switching and zoomed in way too far most of the time.
    Aside from the announcers (who I don't mind as I don't expect much from a free, student produced broadcast), the MSU feed is typically one of if not the best in the conference. Outside of the Midco games which DB does a great job. The MSU video feed is crystal clear HD, by far the best I've seen in the conference outside of the Midco games. But yeah, sometimes the switching of the cameras is a bit much. But I do like the behind the basket (amchored on backboard) cam they've added recently on free throws.

    I just wish the product for MSU on the court could match their HD feed at home. They are road beasts but at home......they are too polite of hosts.

  18. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Agree with the comments on MSU HD broadcast. By far the highest quality video feed I've watched among all of D2.

    Btw, at least your games (and everywhere else I've watched in D2) are free. Except the MIAA.

    And don't get me started if you want to bounce around and watch multiple MIAA games - every time you switch games you have to login again, and the various buttons and clicks are more painful than simple a login screen. Come on MIAA - you can't be making much on this, so just quit charging.

    PS - if you are going to charge, then get rid of the various commercials including the Marriott ad I have to watch every time I do switch to another game.

  19. Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Aside from the announcers (who I don't mind as I don't expect much from a free, student produced broadcast), the MSU feed is typically one of if not the best in the conference. Outside of the Midco games which DB does a great job. The MSU video feed is crystal clear HD, by far the best I've seen in the conference outside of the Midco games. But yeah, sometimes the switching of the cameras is a bit much. But I do like the behind the basket (amchored on backboard) cam they've added recently on free throws.

    I just wish the product for MSU on the court could match their HD feed at home. They are road beasts but at home......they are too polite of hosts.
    Totally agree on quality of the video...it is terrific. Announcers just need to realize that many times less actually is more. But I applaud their clear passion and dedication.

  20. #120

    Default Re: NSIC Week 9 chat

    Mankato deserves praise for having such a clear picture. When it comes to that, Bemidji, Minot and Northern are near the bottom. As far as commentary, it's not as easy as it looks so I try to not be too hard on people as we are lucky to have what we have. It's just like music, everyone has their own flavor so just to me and the things I've heard over the years, especially since moving up this way, the Moorhead dude is at the bottom of the barrel. Again, I don't hear every game but even listened to some when just driving around, and he has said some awful things about teams and has the most awful voice I've ever heard on air. Again, to each their own.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •