Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,006
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    53966

    Default Re: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    You are correct and I should have used different wording. However I have heard nothing negative from anyone about the name change. Everyone I have talked to and heard from are all behind this move.
    Like ANYONE is going to speak out against ANYTHING to do with women in 2019. #SMDH

    I certainly will! How an entire tradition can be erased because of THREE girls is nuts to me. AND EVERYONE bows down in fear of being labelled. Weren't people afraid of Hitler and labelled?

    Men (and I say that lightly), have lost their B@LLS.

    I don't give two rats @sses about Political Correctness. Femaless wanted this changed inn the first place from Texans to TexAnns to seperate themselves frrom men....and this was done during the real feminist movement. Now they want it changed back. FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP. Make up your d@mn mind. You either want to be equals across the board or you dont. You can't pick and choose in my opinion. Same for a man.....you are either a man ALL of the time or you are NOT a man at all. IMO.

    I have, I do, and I ALWAYS will treat females like ladies......even if they don't act as such. That's how I was raised. I live, always have and always will, with a CLEAR and SPECIFIC definition of men & women....and that will never change.

    Call me a misogynist....I don't care! Guess I am full of "toxic masculinity".....LOL. Whatever you want to call it, I AM A MAN and D@MN proud of it.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    Like ANYONE is going to speak out against ANYTHING to do with women in 2019. #SMDH

    I certainly will! How an entire tradition can be erased because of THREE girls is nuts to me. AND EVERYONE bows down in fear of being labelled. Weren't people afraid of Hitler and labelled?

    Men (and I say that lightly), have lost their B@LLS.

    I don't give two rats @sses about Political Correctness. Femaless wanted this changed inn the first place from Texans to TexAnns to seperate themselves frrom men....and this was done during the real feminist movement. Now they want it changed back. FLIP FLOP FLIP FLOP. Make up your d@mn mind. You either want to be equals across the board or you dont. You can't pick and choose in my opinion. Same for a man.....you are either a man ALL of the time or you are NOT a man at all. IMO.

    I have, I do, and I ALWAYS will treat females like ladies......even if they don't act as such. That's how I was raised. I live, always have and always will, with a CLEAR and SPECIFIC definition of men & women....and that will never change.

    Call me a misogynist....I don't care! Guess I am full of "toxic masculinity".....LOL. Whatever you want to call it, I AM A MAN and D@MN proud of it.
    First off, history isn’t being erased. All trophies and awards under the TexAnn name will remain in place and will be displayed.

    How in the world you equate a university nickname change with Hitler is beyond belief and rational thought. It’s a freaking mascot name change not six to ten million deaths.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

    I actually liked the TexAnn mascot because it was unique. Unlike Pops, I think apathy was the main reason for the change. Most Students could care less and I would bet less than 10% actually voted.

    Most other people outside of Tarleton assumed they were Texans anyway. Except maybe LSC fans that follow Women’s sports.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,006
    Rep Power
    53966

    Default Re: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

    Quote Originally Posted by TexanFan View Post
    First off, history isn’t being erased. All trophies and awards under the TexAnn name will remain in place and will be displayed.

    How in the world you equate a university nickname change with Hitler is beyond belief and rational thought. It’s a freaking mascot name change not six to ten million deaths.
    There is always a starting point. Even for Hitler.

    It's not a simple name change.....it's a SYMPTOM of a much, much bigger social illness.

    But....whatever.
    Last edited by ASUPops; 01-30-2019 at 10:16 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,006
    Rep Power
    53966

    Default Re: Tarleton State Drops “TexAnns” moniker

    Quote Originally Posted by Techster88 View Post
    I actually liked the TexAnn mascot because it was unique. Unlike Pops, I think apathy was the main reason for the change. Most Students could care less and I would bet less than 10% actually voted.

    Most other people outside of Tarleton assumed they were Texans anyway. Except maybe LSC fans that follow Women’s sports.
    You are right!! 100%.

    My response was a political knee-jerk. Just getting sick of the cr@p.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •