Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: MSSU Recruiting Thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NW Arkansas
    Posts
    106
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    20299

    Default MSSU Recruiting Thread

    I don't know if anyone is following other MIAA squads' recruiting this closely but, I will start a team thread here for Missouri Southern...


    MSSU TARGETS-

    QBs: Ian Corwin (Jenks OK), Dawson Herl (Independence MO), Zach Beason (Mount Pleasant IA), Shaun Ross (Kansas City MO)

    RBs: Brian Batts Jr. (Houston TX), CJ Russell (Arcadia LA), Tyren Collins (Houston TX)

    WRs: Zayid Aziz (Red Oak TX), Jaylen Verner (Marshall MO), Jevon Williams (Raymore MO), Alex Gaskill (Webb City MO), Hunter Cheek (Houston TX), Quiniton Lewis (Copperas Cove TX), Justin Conway (Overland MO), Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX), Roland Kimble (Manvel TX), Jaedon Stoshak (Jacksonville FL), Jordan Smith (San Antonio TX), Charlie Kramer (Woodstock IL), Sean Stephens (St. Louis MO), Michael Austin (Tampa FL)

    TEs: Brennan Feeback (Spring Hill KS)

    OL: Aaron Castro (Hutto TX), Kenneth Mouton (Coffyeville CC/Lafayette LA), Mahdi Hazime (Dearborn MI), Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)

    DL: Malik Wooley (Fort Worth TX), Mark Heard (Kansas City MO), Tyris Carr (Butler CC/Huntsville AL), Lawrence Norton III (Denton TX), Jaylon Allen (Longview TX), Mylic Ritche (Ardmore OK), Morgan Hanna (Greenwood AR), Cary Samedi (Coffeyville CC/Groveland FL), Hadi Hamid (Dearborn MI), Lemeki Sitani (Ardmore OK), Marquise Sommers (San Antonio TX), Jaylon Brown (Copperas Cove TX)

    LB: Miles Reynolds (Snow Canyon UT), Lawai’a Brown (Honolulu HI), Luke DeFur (Knoxville TN), KeShon Parker (Detroit MI), Boomer Irvin (Kemp TX), Cameron Petties (Ardmore OK), Cooper Hardin (Coffeyville CC/Knoxville TN)

    DBs: Wesley Tauanuu (Snow Canyon UT), Jace Wilson (Sandy UT), Larry Donnell (Mesquite TX), Michael Bruner (Ardmore OK), Dylan Bolden (Humble TX), Jordan Henderson (Collierville TN)

    Targets are in no particular order.

    MSSU COMMITS-
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett, TN)

  2. #2

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    This morning, WR Cartez Campbell out of Knoxville TN and QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH announced offers from Southern.

  3. #3

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Wednesday Recruiting activity-

    - QB Sean Stephens out of the St. Louis area committed to MSSU over SBU.
    - QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH received an offer from MSSU
    - Knoxville TN WR Cortez Campbell got an MSSU offer
    - DE Malik Wooley from Fort Worth TX committed to Pitt State
    - It's unclear at this time if this was a visit or if he is an early enrollee but, WR Devond Blair Jr out of Laney College in California posted video from MSSU on twitter yesterday.

  4. #4

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    On Thursday:

    - OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK) committed to MSSU
    - MSSU offered Springdale AR QB Grant Allen. He has one other offer on the table (Henderson State).

  5. #5

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
    Wednesday Recruiting activity-

    - QB Sean Stephens out of the St. Louis area committed to MSSU over SBU.
    - QB Vincent Jackson out of Euclid OH received an offer from MSSU
    - Knoxville TN WR Cortez Campbell got an MSSU offer
    - DE Malik Wooley from Fort Worth TX committed to Pitt State
    - It's unclear at this time if this was a visit or if he is an early enrollee but, WR Devond Blair Jr out of Laney College in California posted video from MSSU on twitter yesterday.
    It turns out Devond Blair Jr. enrolled over the intersession and is on campus attending classes at Southern. He will participate in Spring Ball. As a sophomore at Laney College he had 533 yards receiving and 5 TDs.

  6. #6

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Since I've been gone:

    - Palmer, AK (that's Alaska, not a typo) QB Luke Guggenmos received a PWO offer from MSSU. He is going to take one long recruiting trip to the lower 48 and his offers include Southern, Northeastern State, St. Xavier (Chicago), Washburn, Wisconsin-La Crosse, Florida Tech, and Fort Hays State among several others.
    - WR Trevon Carter out of Hempstead TX got an MSSU offer. He also has an offer from Tyler JC in Texas.
    - RB/WR Antwone Parker from Fort Worth TX got an MSSU offer.
    - Houston TX WR Jarmichael Cooper visited campus and pledged his commitment to Southern over the weekend.
    - Kansas TE Brennan Feeback picked Baker University over MSSU.
    - Copperas Cove TX DE Jaylan Brown committed to Angelo State on his visit there over the weekend.
    - WR Emani Burgess out of Chicago Heights, IL decommitted from Quincy (IL) University after receiving offers from MSSU, Minnesota-Crookston, and McKendree.
    - Independence MO RB/WR Trevaughn Sisco committed to MSSU after his official visit last weekend.

    SOUTHERN COMMITS AS OF NOW:
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC/St. Louis MO)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett TN)
    OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)
    WR Devond Blair Jr. (Oakland CA)
    QB Sean Stephens (Florissant MO)
    WR Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX)
    RB/WR Tre Sisco (Independence MO)

    9 days to NSD19

  7. #7

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Manvel TX WR Roland Kimble and Humble TX DB Dylan Bolden committed to Southern one day after Houston WR Jarmichael Cooper announced his commitment.

    WR Jaedon Stoshak out of Jacksonville FL also committed yesterday.

  8. Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    We lost a kid to Baker? Aren't they like D3? I also don't see but one local kid and I thought we had connections to his guys at Garden City that were coming with him? I'm a skeptic. I tried meeting up with my old nemesis, but he never follows thru. I hope NewmanandDuquesne and I can become good friends.

    Did anyone see where Brandon Williams represented MSSU really well in the ProBowl!!! That's gotta be a huge swing of momentum for our guys in green.

    What's the truth to a growing rift between Sims and certain people in the athletic department?

    Sims is here to stay, so I hope the rest get out of his way.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    1,004
    Rep Power
    11362

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Baker is NAIA ... Division III doesn't offer athletic scholarships ... but I'm sure you already knew that ... Also, saying you have an offer is pretty vague - Maybe Baker offered a LOT more and Mssu was a fringe offer - no telling.

    What's the truth with you coming on and stirring right before signing day?
    Last edited by Frosty; 01-30-2019 at 09:51 AM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    First, the kid who committed to Baker is from Northeast Kansas. So, I'm sure staying close to home was part of that decision as he also had an offer from UCM.

    I can't stress enough that the list of offers/commits that I have is NOT complete. Most of what I find is via social media and (in very rare cases) if someone reaches out to me personally with a tip. MSSU isn't allowed to share with anyone who they've given offers to because they can't comment on a particular kid until he signs a LOI. With all that said, kids in SWMO post on social media much much less about recruiting than kids from places like Texas and Oklahoma. I won't be surprised at all if there are more local kids with offers and who end up at Southern on National Signing Day. I also should point out that there was at least one JUCO kid who came in at semester that I didn't know about until the end of last week.

    Covering D2 recruiting is INCREDIBLY inexact. It's not like I can hit up rivals or ESPN and find out where Southern stands on that LB out of Neosho or the DE out of Michigan.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    1,004
    Rep Power
    11362

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    But you're covering it - and the only one doing so. MUCH appreciated.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,924
    Rep Power
    519002

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
    First, the kid who committed to Baker is from Northeast Kansas. So, I'm sure staying close to home was part of that decision as he also had an offer from UCM.

    I can't stress enough that the list of offers/commits that I have is NOT complete. Most of what I find is via social media and (in very rare cases) if someone reaches out to me personally with a tip. MSSU isn't allowed to share with anyone who they've given offers to because they can't comment on a particular kid until he signs a LOI. With all that said, kids in SWMO post on social media much much less about recruiting than kids from places like Texas and Oklahoma. I won't be surprised at all if there are more local kids with offers and who end up at Southern on National Signing Day. I also should point out that there was at least one JUCO kid who came in at semester that I didn't know about until the end of last week.

    Covering D2 recruiting is INCREDIBLY inexact. It's not like I can hit up rivals or ESPN and find out where Southern stands on that LB out of Neosho or the DE out of Michigan.
    Interesting stuff. Would you say QB is their biggest need?

  13. #13

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Interesting stuff. Would you say QB is their biggest need?
    I would say that, yes. But, with the caveat that there are plenty of instances in the past where good coaching can elevate QB play. So, if they don't bring in a new starter I will still withhold judgement on that.

  14. #14

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Southern extended an offer to OL Caleb Gouge out of Lamar MO, linebacker Tristan Wells out of Talladega AL, RB Marcus McClanahan out of Dallas, and ATH Calvin Sue'Sue out of Oakley CA.

    DE/TE Sandro Del Villar (Houston TX) committed to Southern after a successful campus visit last weekend.


    SOUTHERN COMMITS AS OF NOW:
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC/St. Louis MO)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett TN)
    OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)
    WR Devond Blair Jr. (Oakland CA)
    QB Sean Stephens (Florissant MO)
    WR Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX)
    RB/WR Tre Sisco (Independence MO)
    WR Roland Kimble (Manvel TX)
    DB Dylan Bolden (Humble TX)
    WR Jaedon Stoshak (Jacksonville FL)
    DE/TE Sandro Del Villar (Houston TX)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    18,924
    Rep Power
    519002

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    KOAM said Gaskill committed to Pitt.

  16. #16

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    KOAM said Gaskill committed to Pitt.
    That's true. He was congratulated by friends at school today with boxes of bananas. One of his teachers tweeted it out.

  17. #17

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
    I don't know if anyone is following other MIAA squads' recruiting this closely but, I will start a team thread here for Missouri Southern...


    MSSU TARGETS-

    QBs: Ian Corwin (Jenks OK), Dawson Herl (Independence MO), Zach Beason (Mount Pleasant IA), Shaun Ross (Kansas City MO)

    RBs: Brian Batts Jr. (Houston TX), CJ Russell (Arcadia LA), Tyren Collins (Houston TX)

    WRs: Zayid Aziz (Red Oak TX), Jaylen Verner (Marshall MO), Jevon Williams (Raymore MO), Alex Gaskill (Webb City MO), Hunter Cheek (Houston TX), Quiniton Lewis (Copperas Cove TX), Justin Conway (Overland MO), Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX), Roland Kimble (Manvel TX), Jaedon Stoshak (Jacksonville FL), Jordan Smith (San Antonio TX), Charlie Kramer (Woodstock IL), Sean Stephens (St. Louis MO), Michael Austin (Tampa FL)

    TEs: Brennan Feeback (Spring Hill KS)

    OL: Aaron Castro (Hutto TX), Kenneth Mouton (Coffyeville CC/Lafayette LA), Mahdi Hazime (Dearborn MI), Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)

    DL: Malik Wooley (Fort Worth TX), Mark Heard (Kansas City MO), Tyris Carr (Butler CC/Huntsville AL), Lawrence Norton III (Denton TX), Jaylon Allen (Longview TX), Mylic Ritche (Ardmore OK), Morgan Hanna (Greenwood AR), Cary Samedi (Coffeyville CC/Groveland FL), Hadi Hamid (Dearborn MI), Lemeki Sitani (Ardmore OK), Marquise Sommers (San Antonio TX), Jaylon Brown (Copperas Cove TX)

    LB: Miles Reynolds (Snow Canyon UT), Lawai’a Brown (Honolulu HI), Luke DeFur (Knoxville TN), KeShon Parker (Detroit MI), Boomer Irvin (Kemp TX), Cameron Petties (Ardmore OK), Cooper Hardin (Coffeyville CC/Knoxville TN)

    DBs: Wesley Tauanuu (Snow Canyon UT), Jace Wilson (Sandy UT), Larry Donnell (Mesquite TX), Michael Bruner (Ardmore OK), Dylan Bolden (Humble TX), Jordan Henderson (Collierville TN)

    Targets are in no particular order.

    MSSU COMMITS-
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett, TN)
    A lot to catch up on 2 days before NSD... First, here are some of the MSSU targets who decided to go elsewhere:
    - LB Luke DeFur committed to Birmingham Southern
    - QB Zach Beason committed to Iowa Western
    - WR Jaylen Varner committed to Emporia State
    - RB Brian Batts Jr. is going to UT-Permian Basin
    - WR Charlie Kramer chose Wisconsin-La Crosse
    - LB KeShon Parker is going D1 to Central Michigan
    - DB/WR Michael Bruner picked Southern Nazarene

    Now, for the good news...SOUTHERN COMMITS AS OF NOW:
    TE Joshua Dugan (Indy CC/Conway Springs KS)
    TE KeAndre Bledsoe (Garden City CC/St. Louis MO)
    LB Lochlain Hardin (Knoxville TN)
    LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)
    OL Carlos Hernandez (Houston TX)
    OL Mohamed Al-Rahami (Bartlett TN)
    OL Tanner Smith (Ardmore OK)
    WR Devond Blair Jr. (Oakland CA)
    QB Sean Stephens (Florissant MO)
    WR Jarmichael Cooper (Houston TX)
    RB/WR Tre Sisco (Independence MO)
    WR Roland Kimble (Manvel TX)
    DB Dylan Bolden (Humble TX)
    WR Jaedon Stoshak (Jacksonville FL)
    DE/TE Sandro Del Villar (Houston TX)
    OL Caleb Gouge (Lamar MO)
    QB Dawson Herl (Independence MO)
    OL Blake Leonard (Cleburne TX)
    DB Jordan Henderson (Collierville TN)
    DE Tavius Sykora-Matthess (Cedar Rapids IA)

    *italics = new commit from the last five days*

    New offers...
    DL Malik Singleton out of Garden City CC
    WR Brock Pounders out of Springdale AR
    LS Austin Stewart from Butte (CA) College
    LB Austin Stuller from Blue Springs MO
    DT Elijah Grant out of Clarksville TN
    ATH William Shumpert III from St. Louis MO
    WR Javian Myles from Sugar Land TX

  18. #18

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    The class is about 40 deep so far. I think they are still waiting on a few LOIs to clear compliance, too...

    Sometime after Sims' press conference today (1pm) I will write up a full piece for the blog on this class including potential immediate impact guys and a breakdown of the positions that were focused on the most.

  19. #19

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Update:

    as of 12:02, the class is now up to 49 newcomers

  20. #20

    Default Re: MSSU Recruiting Thread

    Update:

    at 12:56, the class is 54 players deep including 9 players from Garden City CC and 3 D1 transfers...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY5HY_wddmA

    Sims will speak to the media at that link in a matter of minutes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •