Thread: D2 Players in the Super Bowl - 2019

Contribute to D2

Default D2 Players in the Super Bowl - 2019

Here's who you can root for!

New England Patriots
    NOBODY. Not even on the practice squad or IR. They hate us.

Los Angeles Rams
    Marqui Christian (DB) - Midwestern State
    Greg Zuerlein (K) - Missouri Western
    Matt Longacre (DL) - NW Missouri State
    Ethan Westbrooks (DL) - West Texas A&M
    Morgan Fox (DL) - CSU Pueblo (Reserve/Injured)

Sooooo. Go Rams!

Default Re: D2 Players in the Super Bowl - 2019

Actually I would never bet against Belicheat, but I think the Rams will trounce New England. Look how many sacks they had on Brees and how many hurry-ups.

"The Rams defensive line is star-studded enough that there barely are enough studs to assign to the stars.
    Defensive tackle Aaron Donald, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, who’s a three-time All-Pro and four-time Pro Bowler, leads the league with 10 sacks. Tackle Ndamukong Suh, a five-time All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowler, has three sacks and two passes defensed.
    Defensive end Michael Brockers, a first-round pick in 2012, moved from tackle to end and had at least three sacks in four of his first six seasons. And this week the Rams added former first-round pick Dante Fowler to the mix, a defensive end who had eight sacks and two forced fumbles last year with Jacksonville, and had two sacks and a forced fumble in seven games before the trade.
    It’s a challenge the likes of which few NFL teams can offer." ( Belcher Report)

As my mother would say.... "Mark my words!" Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Actually I would never bet against Belicheat, but I think the Rams will trounce New England. Look how many sacks they had on Brees and how many hurry-ups.

"The Rams defensive line is star-studded enough that there barely are enough studs to assign to the stars.
    Defensive tackle Aaron Donald, the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, who’s a three-time All-Pro and four-time Pro Bowler, leads the league with 10 sacks. Tackle Ndamukong Suh, a five-time All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowler, has three sacks and two passes defensed.
    Defensive end Michael Brockers, a first-round pick in 2012, moved from tackle to end and had at least three sacks in four of his first six seasons. And this week the Rams added former first-round pick Dante Fowler to the mix, a defensive end who had eight sacks and two forced fumbles last year with Jacksonville, and had two sacks and a forced fumble in seven games before the trade.
    It’s a challenge the likes of which few NFL teams can offer." ( Belcher Report)

As my mother would say.... "Mark my words!" Lol.
    The Chiefs and Steelers tied for the league-lead in sacks during the regular season, and the Chiefs didn't lay a glove on Brady. Well, they did literally lay a glove on him, but got called for roughing the passer. :)

The Patriots offensive line is pretty good, and their running game is above average so you can't just sell out on rushing Brady. I think the Rams will have more success than the Chiefs did, but I don't think it will be lopsided.

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post
    The Chiefs and Steelers tied for the league-lead in sacks during the regular season, and the Chiefs didn't lay a glove on Brady. Well, they did literally lay a glove on him, but got called for roughing the passer. :)

The Patriots offensive line is pretty good, and their running game is above average so you can't just sell out on rushing Brady. I think the Rams will have more success than the Chiefs did, but I don't think it will be lopsided.

Donald and Suh are beasts. They can disrupt everything, as can the others. I promise you , they will sack Brady, make him hurry up passes
    and make him preoccupied about the pass rush. Should be a good game ... until the 3rd quarter. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Donald and Suh are beasts. They can disrupt everything, as can the others. I promise you , they will sack Brady, make him hurry up passes
    and make him preoccupied about the pass rush. Should be a good game ... until the 3rd quarter. We'll see.
    Before season kicked off, odds-makers where gaving Rams 20 - 1 odds to make super bowl.
    New England was favorite at 5 - 1.

Las Vegas is giving Patriots +2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrifFan View Post

The Chiefs got most of their sacks from the edge...we all know that a QB can step up in the pocket to avoid the rush, especially with a quick release (like Brady).

The Rams generate theirs from the middle, which is much tougher to avoid, since you can’t step up in the pocket. And Brady isn’t mobile enough to get away on the outside. Quick passes are tougher with middle pressure, too. For MIAA/D2 fans, Aaron Donald is the NFL version of Brandon Yost. I think the Rams will give Brady more trouble than the ‘07 Giants. The big question is can the Rams score on the NE defense?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    The Chiefs got most of their sacks from the edge...we all know that a QB can step up in the pocket to avoid the rush, especially with a quick release (like Brady).

The Rams generate theirs from the middle, which is much tougher to avoid, since you can’t step up in the pocket. And Brady isn’t mobile enough to get away on the outside. Quick passes are tougher with middle pressure, too. For MIAA/D2 fans, Aaron Donald is the NFL version of Brandon Yost. I think the Rams will give Brady more trouble than the ‘07 Giants. The big question is can the Rams score on the NE defense?
    You're dead-on regarding the Rams pass rush being far more middle-based...and that does give TB12 more fits than edge rushers do.

I'm interested to see how LA's run D does. They were 23rd in the league against the run this year (yielding only ten fewer yards per game than KC did), and allowed a league-worst 5.1 yards per carry. Something tells me the offensive game plan (particularly early) for the Pats might look awfully similar to what we saw against the Chiefs. Not saying it will work, but I would hazard to guess that's what they'll try. Sprinkle in a lot of James White dump-passes and screens (which function like run plays), and who knows...