Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wall, TX
    Posts
    9,915
    Contribute to D2
    Rep Power
    14419

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Glad I have nothing to do with billing! And talk to your congressman and senators. They have much more of say in the billing arena for all healthcare than I do! :smile:
    Understood, but if everyone in every department would work harder, faster and smarter you might be able to cut prices. That way my bill might be $55,000 instead of $56,000.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Commerce, TX
    Posts
    282
    Rep Power
    41460

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Understood, but if everyone in every department would work harder, faster and smarter you might be able to cut prices. That way my bill might be $55,000 instead of $56,000.
    Only $56K? I don't usually go to the doctor for a cold...

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    54285

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by AngeloFan View Post
    Understood, but if everyone in every department would work harder, faster and smarter you might be able to cut prices. That way my bill might be $55,000 instead of $56,000.
    Let me try to explain it this way.... you are a woodworker. Let says that you have 3 different vendors who you buy your lumber from. If vendor A, B, & C all get together and realize that they are the only ones that you can get lumber from, what do you think they are going to do with the price of your lumber? It goes up. Well since you have to have lumber to be a woodworker, you have to buy it. So when you sell your finished product (assuming you are trying to cover you costs at the bare minimum; heaven forbid try to make a buck or 2) what do you have to do to your price? It goes up. Now I know you know these basics of supply and demand, but it doesn't matter how much faster or how much harder you work if the cost of your lumber continues to sky rocket, you are still going to have to raise your prices.

    Now go take a look at the cost of prescription drugs over the last 10 years....


    Yes, I know you original and subsequent posts were made in jest!

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    5,798
    Rep Power
    33806

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    Let me try to explain it this way.... you are a woodworker. Let says that you have 3 different vendors who you buy your lumber from. If vendor A, B, & C all get together and realize that they are the only ones that you can get lumber from, what do you think they are going to do with the price of your lumber? It goes up. Well since you have to have lumber to be a woodworker, you have to buy it. So when you sell your finished product (assuming you are trying to cover you costs at the bare minimum; heaven forbid try to make a buck or 2) what do you have to do to your price? It goes up. Now I know you know these basics of supply and demand, but it doesn't matter how much faster or how much harder you work if the cost of your lumber continues to sky rocket, you are still going to have to raise your prices.

    Now go take a look at the cost of prescription drugs over the last 10 years....


    Yes, I know you original and subsequent posts were made in jest!
    It works that way for Big Pharm & Hospital corporations, but NOT physicians.....especially primary care. You contract (but can't negotiate rates) with insurance companies for a HUGE reduced payment.....you bill the highest amount of all your different contracts because law says you can't bill different amounts. So lets say you bill $100 for a 45 minute visit....you only get paid around $40. BUT that 45 minute visit is actually 90+ minutes of the physicians time because they must review your chart prior to your visit and then finish notes, scripts, etc. after your visit. Then you have to factor in front office time to schedule the appointment; appointment verification; insurance verification; the medical assistants time to room you, make notes, handle your dumbazz calls, etc....; the billers time to submit your charges to insurance, take your calls complaining because you have to pay a deductible and/or copay that's REQUIRED by YOUR insurance etc...etc... $40 HARDLY comes close to covering your visit.

    BUT the organizations that DO NOT PROVIDE healthcare....Big Pharm & Hospitals charge you through the arse for EVERYTHING....AND, they CAN negotiate rates with insurance companies.

    This is one FAUCKED up system. Where the physicians get screwed and everyone else makes money off of them.

    Personally....I think physicians, especially primary care, should protest and WALK OFF the job until they get paid a FAIR amount.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    54285

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by ASUPops View Post
    It works that way for Big Pharm & Hospital corporations, but NOT physicians.....especially primary care. You contract (but can't negotiate rates) with insurance companies for a HUGE reduced payment.....you bill the highest amount of all your different contracts because law says you can't bill different amounts. So lets say you bill $100 for a 45 minute visit....you only get paid around $40. BUT that 45 minute visit is actually 90+ minutes of the physicians time because they must review your chart prior to your visit and then finish notes, scripts, etc. after your visit. Then you have to factor in front office time to schedule the appointment; appointment verification; insurance verification; the medical assistants time to room you, make notes, handle your dumbazz calls, etc....; the billers time to submit your charges to insurance, take your calls complaining because you have to pay a deductible and/or copay that's REQUIRED by YOUR insurance etc...etc... $40 HARDLY comes close to covering your visit.

    BUT the organizations that DO NOT PROVIDE healthcare....Big Pharm & Hospitals charge you through the arse for EVERYTHING....AND, they CAN negotiate rates with insurance companies.

    This is one FAUCKED up system. Where the physicians get screwed and everyone else makes money off of them.

    Personally....I think physicians, especially primary care, should protest and WALK OFF the job until they get paid a FAIR amount.
    This is accurate!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Valley of the Buffalo
    Posts
    1,134
    Rep Power
    8622

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    When will we get the "Real" rankings??
    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,288
    Rep Power
    107661

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Last year was Valentine's Day (Feb 14).

    So my guess is Feb 13 this year.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    54285

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    So any of you Tarleton folks, I thought Josh Hawley as just a dunker, rim clean up dude in previous years...he has found a full rounded game offensively. I was very impressed with his game when yall came to town last weekend. Very good player

  9. #29

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    So any of you Tarleton folks, I thought Josh Hawley as just a dunker, rim clean up dude in previous years...he has found a full rounded game offensively. I was very impressed with his game when yall came to town last weekend. Very good player
    He has really developed into a more complete player. He is leading the LSC in scoring and rebounding. He can hit the three as well as dunk. If he can on his dribbling and driving, he will be unstoppable.

  10. Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
    So any of you Tarleton folks, I thought Josh Hawley as just a dunker, rim clean up dude in previous years...he has found a full rounded game offensively. I was very impressed with his game when yall came to town last weekend. Very good player
    He had D1 offers out of high school but chose Tarleton. He redshirted for a year and that really helped develop him. Lost him about half way through conference to an ankle injury his freshman year, and i really believe that with him, Tarleton doesn't lose 5 straight to end the year. He is definitely a special player. Went over 1000 career points with an ally oop on Saturday at Kingsville.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    San Angelo, TX
    Posts
    2,430
    Rep Power
    54285

    Default Re: Current Men's & Women's Region Standings

    Quote Originally Posted by TSUTexans View Post
    He had D1 offers out of high school but chose Tarleton. He redshirted for a year and that really helped develop him. Lost him about half way through conference to an ankle injury his freshman year, and i really believe that with him, Tarleton doesn't lose 5 straight to end the year. He is definitely a special player. Went over 1000 career points with an ally oop on Saturday at Kingsville.
    Seems like the one thing that Tarleton is missing this year is the truly dynamic point guard who can break down the defense off the dribble. I didn't see a guy on the offensive end who when Tarleton needed a bucket would be able to go and get one by himself. Like yall have mentioned Hawley doesn't have the handles to do it on a consistent basis. But the defense as always is very good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •