Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ram Tough

Contribute to D2

Default Ram Tough

Hey everyone,

Last night Ram Tough finally found a match for his heat transplant. Tests were done this morning identifying it as a matcha. As a result, Bradley and his wife are on their way to Cleveland to undergo the heart transplant surgery.

Thank you all who have kept them in your thoughts and prayers over the past 12+ months and helped by donating. Please continue to pray that Bradley is calm (as calm as possible), that the surgery goes well and that his body accepts and flourishes with the new heart.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Default Re: Ram Tough

Thanks for the update!

Best of luck Ram Tough! Cleveland Rocks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Last night Ram Tough finally found a match for his heat transplant. Tests were done this morning identifying it as a matcha. As a result, Bradley and his wife are on their way to Cleveland to undergo the heart transplant surgery.

Thank you all who have kept them in your thoughts and prayers over the past 12+ months and helped by donating. Please continue to pray that Bradley is calm (as calm as possible), that the surgery goes well and that his body accepts and flourishes with the new heart.
    Amen Brother! Thanks Shp54 for the good news & will be praying for continued good news.
    And certainly heartfelt prayers for the donor & family...

Quote Originally Posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post
    And certainly heartfelt prayers for the donor & family...
    Indeed—something I had overlooked until your compassionate reminder. Thankful—a healthy reminder that even in death new or revived life can be born. But we shall certainly pray for those who mourn the death that provides the life.

So far the reports are looking like he's not rejecting the heart and its starting to respond and work like its supposed to work. They had him on a bypass machine to take stress off of the new heart, but things are looking on the up and up. I believe that he's not out of the woods yet, but that's a good step in the right direction.

Well this is GREAT news I will keep him in my prayers...AMAZING hope for a recovery. Lets also keep the donors family in our prayers. Has YOUR team been swabbed for bone marrow donor matches? The Lakers have and we had two matches...Organs are harvested from the dead, God Bless them......stem cells are harvested and you go on and play college football a few weeks later...and then the NFL...Winning... All the Laker Nation will be pulling for this particular Ram! Life is precious..www.bethematch.org and FIGHT RAM TOUGH!
    Last edited by champgymusa; 01-18-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    Best of luck Ram Tough! Cleveland Rocks!!!

Thanks Drew!!

Just hope he can avoid complications from blood clots, which is a main concern.

Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_Right View Post
    Thanks Drew!!

Just hope he can avoid complications from blood clots, which is a main concern.
    He has for the most part. Had some minor clotting which the cardiologist called normal and were easily removed with a short procedure.

Brad got a slight fever, so they amped up the antibiotics. They turned down the Impella device all the way, and the blood pressure has remained steady. Between periods of sedation, he has opened his eyes and showed slight movement in toes and fingers. They are hoping the temperature corrects itself and they can remove the Impella device tonight (they removed the other device Saturday night). Then his new heart will be beating completely free of any devices for the first time since he was 16 months old!

That is just awesome/miracle!

Quote Originally Posted by shiplb54 View Post
    Yeah

He has for the most part. Had some minor clotting which the cardiologist called normal and were easily removed with a short procedure.

Brad got a slight fever, so they amped up the antibiotics. They turned down the Impella device all the way, and the blood pressure has remained steady. Between periods of sedation, he has opened his eyes and showed slight movement in toes and fingers. They are hoping the temperature corrects itself and they can remove the Impella device tonight (they removed the other device Saturday night). Then his new heart will be beating completely free of any devices for the first time since he was 16 months old!
    Thanks for the updates, keep them coming..amazing what modern medicine can do for sure and then add in the power of prayer and you have a great outcome I hope and pray! I know how long those hospital days can be so lets also keep the family support system in our prayers...wasnt there a go fund me page someplace? I know I threw in some money once a while ago but if anyone has the link I won a few bucks taking the Pats over those upstart Chiefs!

Update from Brad’s wife.

1/25 Update: Brad's lungs are doing better. He spent a large portion of the evening and is still on the CPAP. I pray by tomorrow that they are strong enough to remove the vent. I am not very good at guessing what he is trying to motion and it frustrates us both.

He is moving better today.

Brad's Birthday is on the 31st of this month and unfortunately it will be another one spent in the hospital! He can receive cards at the following address...

Bradley Damron
    Cleveland Clinic
    9500 Euclid Avenue
    Cleveland, OH 44195

I am still working in a way for you all to send packages. Let me know if you fall into this category and I will see what I can do. Please help make his birthday a little more full of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by UNA_Texan View Post
    Update from Brad’s wife.

1/25 Update: Brad's lungs are doing better. He spent a large portion of the evening and is still on the CPAP. I pray by tomorrow that they are strong enough to remove the vent. I am not very good at guessing what he is trying to motion and it frustrates us both.

He is moving better today.

Brad's Birthday is on the 31st of this month and unfortunately it will be another one spent in the hospital! He can receive cards at the following address...

Bradley Damron
    Cleveland Clinic
    9500 Euclid Avenue
    Cleveland, OH 44195

I am still working in a way for you all to send packages. Let me know if you fall into this category and I will see what I can do. Please help make his birthday a little more full of happiness.
    Thanks for the address, Tex. Will try to get a card for Brad from BlazerNation!

#BlazerNation

10/26 Update:
    Praise God for answered prayers!! They are taking the vent off! Pray Brad does well over the next 48 hours!

10/26 Update:
    Praise God for answered prayers!! They are taking the vent off! Pray Brad does well over the next 48 hours!
    Praying!!!

#BlazerNation

Prayers for Brad!!!

Update!!!

Brad posted on FB today.

It was short and simple “I’m still here.”

Update!!!

Brad posted on FB today.

It was short and simple “I’m still here.”

You all are amazing. Thank you for all of the love and support.

[QUOTE=Ram Tough;2350319]You all are amazing. Thank you for all of the love and support.[/QUOT

Great to see you post, hope you're doing well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast