Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D2 winter snooze fest

Contribute to D2

Default D2 winter snooze fest

Talking D2 football in January is a real snooze fest. Let's liven it up and talk about real football in January...the NFL playoffs.

Kansas City Chiefs 31....Indianapolis Dolts 13

Da Chiefs all the way !
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 01-12-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Default Re: D2 winter snooze fest

Ya, I agree. Discussing just about anything would be better than the dryer than dust topics currently being kicked around.
    My NFL playoff predictions:
    LA Chargers over the Patriots
    Chiefs over the LA Chargers
    Saints (Holy Ones) over the LA Goats
    Chiefs over the Holy Ones (sorry Jesus) in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Mule View Post
    Ya, I agree. Discussing just about anything would be better than the dryer than dust topics currently being kicked around.
    My NFL playoff predictions:
    LA Chargers over the Patriots
    Chiefs over the LA Chargers
    Saints (Holy Ones) over the LA Goats
    Chiefs over the Holy Ones (sorry Jesus) in the Super Bowl.
    Well, at least the Chefs played defense today, which almost seems like a miracle for this team.

I don't care who wins the Super Bowl, as long as it's not Philly or the Patsies.
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.

I don't usually talk about the NFL, but I am really glad with how the playoffs turned out so far. I grew up a Chiefs fan in Oklahoma surrounded by Plowboy fans, I also really disdained the Rams (even when they were in STL.) But every game except Baltimore, and NE has turned out the way I wanted it. I know people want to talk about Maholmes, and Hill but that Chiefs D vs the Pats O will be the most interesting matchup for me. If they played as well as they did against Indy, it will be fun to watch Sunday.

Hoping for Saints vs Chiefs.

NO 34 LA 24
    KC 31 NE 27
    Go Bronchos!

Speaking of Patsies and Chiefs, there's talk that Sunday's game has the potential to be one of, if not the coldest game in Arrowhead history. Yikes...
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ctrabs74 View Post
    Speaking of Patsies and Chiefs, there's talk that Sunday's game has the potential to be one of, if not the coldest game in Arrowhead history. Yikes...
    Forecasting 3 degrees at kickoff.....beyond yikes !

Imagine trying to sit in the nose bleed section and watch that one for 500 bucks a seat.

Hey Clemson, congrats on the NC! Have a cheeseburger. Here is a tally of all the fast food served. At least there were a few salads.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.28d137068610

The Northwest Football teams eats better food on the road than the D-1 champions got served at the White House.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Imagine trying to sit in the nose bleed section and watch that one for 500 bucks a seat.
    One of my friends is from Vermont and is a diehard Patriots fan. When tickets were $300 each we said if we could find them for less than $100 we would go. They are now $140 - I’m thinking that by Sunday they will be far less than $100. Good thing I have all the gear for it!

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatDude View Post
    One of my friends is from Vermont and is a diehard Patriots fan. When tickets were $300 each we said if we could find them for less than $100 we would go. They are now $140 - I’m thinking that by Sunday they will be far less than $100. Good thing I have all the gear for it!
    The weather forecast is improving from the original 5 degrees. Now it's 25 degrees at kickoff. Ticket prices might go back up.

The weather forecast is improving from the original 5 degrees. Now it's 25 degrees at kickoff. Ticket prices might go back up.
    The warmer the temp the more moister in the air. That would mean higher snow totals.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Weather Channel is forecasting snow Friday night and predawn on Saturday. After that, no more snow thru the weekend for Kansas City. I wonder how much repair work they had to do to the field after the Colts game. If it's too chewed up they will sometimes go ahead and resod between the hash marks, but I have not heard whether that was necessary or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
    Forecasting 3 degrees at kickoff.....beyond yikes !
    "Downright tropical" - Duluth

Weather Channel is forecasting snow Friday night and predawn on Saturday. After that, no more snow thru the weekend for Kansas City. I wonder how much repair work they had to do to the field after the Colts game. If it's too chewed up they will sometimes go ahead and resod between the hash marks, but I have not heard whether that was necessary or not.
    They did re-sod it.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...now-last-week/

They did.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    "Downright tropical" - Duluth
    I remember watching on tv the Northwest @ Duluth game a few years back......now that was brutal, and being a night game made it even more dismal. I have a customer in Duluth that I only call on from April - October....he understands....haha.

One of the Omaha tv stations showed a radar prediction of up to 16 inches of snow for Maryville. They weren't buying it. More like 4 to 6.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

For some reason, KC is in the sweet spot for dodging major snow storms. Last weekends 8" storm and the 8" storm in November were the first 3" snowfalls in almost 3 years in Kansas City. I bought a really nice big Honda snow thrower 3 years ago and I went 1,101 days before I really needed to use it. My wife is still giving me a hard time about that purchase. Most of the major snow storms seem to go north or south of KC.

Quote Originally Posted by NW Normal View Post
    Hey Clemson, congrats on the NC! Have a cheeseburger. Here is a tally of all the fast food served. At least there were a few salads.

[URL="https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/15/president-trumps-extravagant-sandwich-celebration-clemson-university/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.28d137068610"]https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/01/15/president-trumps-extravagant-sandwich-celebration-clemson-university/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.28d137068610[/UR

The Northwest Football teams eats better food on the road than the D-1 champions got served at the White House.

Ya, he's a real cheap ass, and also dumb. Trump tweeted out that he served "hamberders" to the players for dinner. You couldn't make up anything that stupid......oh wait....maybe he's just trying to connect to ignorant base.
    Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 01-18-2019 at 11:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast