Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NSIC Week 6 Chat

Contribute to D2

Default Re: NSIC Week 6 Chat

UIU played another good game tonight. They have the talent to compete with everyone - potent on offense. I've heard some knocks on their D - agree not the best, but the biggest issue is rebounding, I'd love to see how many points teams have scored off of offensive rebounds this year. That has been the achilles heal all year for us. If they could secure rebounds we'd probably be in top half of the division. Been brutal to watch the rebounding. With that being said - have confidence in this team to finish the year strong. Tough loss tonight, but they fought the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Jekyll and Hyde weekend for the Mavs. Lose by 30 in their worst effort in forever and then win by 30 with some energy.

Friday night's team goes 0-28. Saturday night's team is very tough to beat.
    Very much so. A complete reversal from Friday's debacle. Great to see the Mavs performing at a high level tonight.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Quote Originally Posted by MStateMaverick View Post
    Very much so. A complete reversal from Friday's debacle. Great to see the Mavs performing at a high level tonight.
    This is why sports are so unpredictable. You never really know who will show up. So much more energy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacock View Post
    UIU played another good game tonight. They have the talent to compete with everyone - potent on offense. I've heard some knocks on their D - agree not the best, but the biggest issue is rebounding, I'd love to see how many points teams have scored off of offensive rebounds this year. That has been the achilles heal all year for us. If they could secure rebounds we'd probably be in top half of the division. Been brutal to watch the rebounding. With that being said - have confidence in this team to finish the year strong. Tough loss tonight, but they fought the entire time.
    Indeed they did. Cats won by a razor thin margin. UIU had a good game plan and took advantage of WSC s preference to switch on all screens. Your big guy just tore up our guards after screening. He's a load, and seems to have a nice touch.

5. Default Re: NSIC Week 6 Chat

Moorhead played one of their better games of the season and handled Crookston with relative ease. Crookston was a little shorthanded...to be fair. Park and Baumgartner have been consistent most of season, but Beeninga and irsfeld had really good weekends and their confidence is clearly back. Coad also played well...and more under control. Bergh showed some flashes also. If Moorhead continues to play together like they did tonight they are a difficult team to beat. A lot of different weapons on offense. They real test is now coming up with games against some of the top teams in the south. After next weekend we will know if this team is real or merely able to handle the bottom half of the conference on this recent win streak. Either way, this team is so much better and more fun to watch than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Moorhead123 View Post
    Moorhead played one of their better games of the season and handled Crookston with relative ease. Crookston was a little shorthanded...to be fair. Park and Baumgartner have been consistent most of season, but Beeninga and irsfeld had really good weekends and their confidence is clearly back. Coad also played well...and more under control. Bergh showed some flashes also. If Moorhead continues to play together like they did tonight they are a difficult team to beat. A lot of different weapons on offense. They real test is now coming up with games against some of the top teams in the south. After next weekend we will know if this team is real or merely able to handle the bottom half of the conference on this recent win streak. Either way, this team is so much better and more fun to watch than last year.
    I don't know how big the bag was that WalTThall and SaTTher dropped for the NSIC schedule makers but it was useful. The Dragons and Wolves are the only programs to have two different four game home stands while some teams dont event have one. Meanwhile the rotation of the divisional cross over schedule gave them the more difficult NSIC South travel partners (USF/SMSU and Augie/Wayne) at home and the easier ones (Kato/CSP and UIU/Winona) on the road.

Northern's non-conference schedule showed they are capable of playing with anyone in the Region. Moorhead's was full of cupcakes so Im eager to see how what's real and what's fake about these two teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Augieholic View Post
    I don't know how big the bag was that WalTThall and SaTTher dropped for the NSIC schedule makers but it was useful. The Dragons and Wolves are the only programs to have two different four game home stands while some teams dont event have one. Meanwhile the rotation of the divisional cross over schedule gave them the more difficult NSIC South travel partners (USF/SMSU and Augie/Wayne) at home and the easier ones (Kato/CSP and UIU/Winona) on the road.
    Figures....once again, the NSIC shows its bias toward the South Dakota programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Figures....once again, the NSIC shows its bias toward the South Dakota programs.
    Moorhead is in Minnesota.

9. Default Re: NSIC Week 6 Chat

Northern's non-conference schedule showed they are capable of playing with anyone in the Region. Moorhead's was full of cupcakes so Im eager to see how what's real and what's fake about these two teams.
    Moorhead played a couple quality teams in preseason, but would agree the intent of preseason was more to get the young guys’ feet wet before conference play. The general theme after ten conference games in my opinion is that there is a lot of parity between top and bottom. Doesn’t appear the top teams are as good as nsic recent past. Feels like USF, Wayne, Mankato and Northern are current teams to beat with Augustana, SCSU and Moorhead trying to get into that top 3-4 conversation. This upcoming weekend wil say a lot about Moorhead. Probably be more than happy with a split. I like augieholic already laying the foundation for the “on the road” excuse in case Moorhead finds a way to come out on top. Anything possible, could make argument for Moorhead going 2-0 or 0-2...

We just need a donor to step up next year so all 4 SCSU and UMD games are at home too.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Shhh... haha

Quote Originally Posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Aberdeen isn't.

Aberdeen isn't.
    I was kidding. I would've gotten more satisfaction out of that if you were genuinely one of the "NSIC only supports Augie" conspiracy theorists. Alas, you were just joking, so it wasn't quite as fun to give you a sarcastic geography lesson. Thanks a lot for being reasonable and ruining my fun.

God's Country- between Buffalo Lake & Hector

Aberdeen isn't.
    It was in 1850.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    It was in 1850.

I'm all in, let's bring it back

Kendall Jacks moves into the Top 10 on WSC's all-time career scoring chart at #9 with 1,377 points after the UIU game last Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by laker View Post
    It was in 1850.

As with Mexico, we want our land back!

Apparently I reside very near the border of Dahkotah and Wabashaw. :)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123