Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Contribute to D2

Quit speculating...

They signed a new apparel deal with Nike. As of tomorrow, IUP will officially be a “Nike school.” That’s the news. If I’m wrong, I was given incorrect intel.

But I’m not into morse code. This is a news site. Kind of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    No way, dude! That looked truly awful in my opinion. I'm just glad that I was never a student there when they used that one. I like the rat maze thingy. It looks cool.

-

It was unique. The rat Maze was a ripped off of Temple.

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Not saying this is a horrible recruiting class, but for the areas IUP need to fill on the playing field this coming season I just don't believe they have any incoming freshmen that can be an impact there. However, the past few years IUP has had bad luck in the books and health wise. So if that happens again at the RB position, then I believe Adam Houser could make an impact Day One, like you stated.
    I've said it already, but it bears repeating ... you guys are going to freakin' love Adam Houser come August. And this comes from someone who's seen him play close to 30 games. He was a state-level sprinter, has built himself up into a physical specimen, and is a grade-A individual to boot. An early admission to the Robert E. Cooks Honors College.

Check this out around the 15-second mark.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6585103...53c3099440734b

Quote Originally Posted by jrshooter View Post
    I've said it already, but it bears repeating ... you guys are going to freakin' love Adam Houser come August. And this comes from someone who's seen him play close to 30 games. He was a state-level sprinter, has built himself up into a physical specimen, and is a grade-A individual to boot. An early admission to the Robert E. Cooks Honors College.

His first play on defense, loss of 4. That was horrendous form tackling. I get that he's fast but he needs technique also.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Quit speculating...

They signed a new apparel deal with Nike. As of tomorrow, IUP will officially be a “Nike school.” That’s the news. If I’m wrong, I was given incorrect intel.

But I’m not into morse code. This is a news site. Kind of.

And it’s now official.

No need to be secretive on our end. If you hear a name, drop it. Nothing worse than somebody saying “I heard something” and then never say anything on an anonymous message board.

And it’s now official.

No need to be secretive on our end. If you hear a name, drop it. Nothing worse than somebody saying “I heard something” and then never say anything on an anonymous message board.

What a bust ... was hoping they were officially making Ghostbusters the new fight song and Lady in Red the new alma mater.

7. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    What a bust ... was hoping they were officially making Ghostbusters the new fight song and Lady in Red the new alma mater.
    The announcement about the announcement was actually more exciting than the announcement.

The announcement was lame, almost still born.

The contract, and surrounding hoopla over uniforms, leaves me nonplussed.

I would rather see improved and consistent on field performance than to put lipstick on a pig.

Waste of resources.

Just an opinion, not a sermon. Add to the Win columns, then I will be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPalum View Post
    His first play on defense, loss of 4. That was horrendous form tackling. I get that he's fast but he needs technique also.
    He's not gonna be a DB, dude.

While many here probably don’t care, stuff like this does mean stuff to a 17 year old kid. They see a Nike deal and they see new uniforms coming and all that comes with it.

It’s part of recruiting whether you want to believe it or not.

It’s not a coincidence that Torts has had an on field DJ during warmups every home game he’s had a bunch of official visits on campus. All those little extra curricular things mean something to someone.

While many here probably don’t care, stuff like this does mean stuff to a 17 year old kid. They see a Nike deal and they see new uniforms coming and all that comes with it.

It’s not a coincidence that Torts has had an on field DJ during warmups every home game he’s had a bunch of official visits on campus. All those little extra curricular things mean something to someone.

No doubt. Kids love that stuff.

This audience isn't going to rave about the decison. If we took a vote on here I think pulling the 1990 uniforms out of storage from the depths of the Field House would win out.

I'd be 100% for pumping in modern music during the game.

Get those sidelines going with Lil Uzi Vert, etc. I'm beyond done with that worthless band director. It's actually embarrassing.

The days of the team entering the stadium to Cherokee seem so long ago. That was an intimidating entrance. Wonder if they'd play the 90210 theme song? Maybe Michael Bolton. I gotta tell you ... I love his music.

VERY good point. I know of a few student-athletes that stated that what the recruiting schools wore played a part in their decision.

This audience isn't going to rave about the decison. If we took a vote on here I think pulling the 1990 uniforms out of storage from the depths of the Field House would win out.

Get those sidelines going with Lil Uzi Vert, etc. I'm beyond done with that worthless band director. It's actually embarrassing.

The days of the team entering the stadium to Cherokee seem so long ago. That was an intimidating entrance. Wonder if they'd play the 90210 theme song? Maybe Michael Bolton. I gotta tell you ... I love his music.
    PLEASE do NOT get me started on this! This plays a part in the attendance AFTER the season opener.

You might be talking a little too loud for the get off my lawn crowd.

Yes, we all have seen Adam Houser and his highlights ( https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6585103...52420ee8b21f3a ). But if we see this kid on the field this Fall that means once again IUP had some injuries. I am sure he has a very bright future ahead, but I hope he does red shirt.

He's not gonna be a DB, dude.
    Ok DUDE!!! He's listed as a DB on the roster! DUDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    You sir are a hater and I'm sure your volleyball coach should get paid the same as the football coach.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445