Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

I was told by an IUP admin that new branding and logos are on the way. Maybe the contract/uniforms are part of the roll out?

2. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I was told by an IUP admin that new branding and logos are on the way. Maybe the contract/uniforms are part of the roll out?
    I guess this is the new marketing tactic. Get ready. Something big is coming on Wednesday. Gets you warmed up for it. As opposed to just announcing it.

Can we have one logo for the whole school. Time to retire the 1986 rat maze that was ripped off from Temple.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Can we have one logo for the whole school. Time to retire the 1986 rat maze that was ripped off from Temple.
    Gotta keep stuff fresh ... so we can keep buying the latest and greatest $95 polo shirts in the book store.

That IUP admin's assumption will leave you disappointed. 1980s and 1990s IUP purists will be happy (no the teams aren't going back to Indians).

6. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

That IUP admin's assumption will leave you disappointed. 1980s and 1990s IUP purists will be happy (no the teams aren't going back to Indians).
    Are they changing the name of the school?

tIUP?

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    New apparel contract.

I think this might be part of it. They’ve been with Russell Athletic for a while I think. The basketball team seems to always have new uniforms. Football not so much.

I like the modern “IUP” logo they use. I’m sure they could do something with the hawk head logo. Although I like the one on the court at the KCAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    I think this might be part of it. They’ve been with Russell Athletic for a while I think. The basketball team seems to always have new uniforms. Football not so much.

I like the modern “IUP” logo they use. I’m sure they could do something with the hawk head logo. Although I like the one on the court at the KCAC.

I thought they were with Nike. I agree, I like the modern IUP Logo, and even the matte grey helmets. Everything else needs a refresh.

Its my understanding that they're going back to the Temple-esque maroon IUP pipe logo without the wavy banner thing, the soaring hawk silhouette, or the modern IUP used in athletics.

Bravado Joe has nicer practice uniforms than the football team has game uniforms.

Its my understanding that they're going back to the Temple-esque maroon IUP pipe logo without the wavy banner thing, the soaring hawk silhouette, or the modern IUP used in athletics.

I don’t have an issue with that being an alternate or throwback uniform, but I’m against that if they are choosing to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Number83 View Post
    I thought they were with Nike. I agree, I like the modern IUP Logo, and even the matte grey helmets. Everything else needs a refresh.

They may have switched to Nike, but that would’ve been fairly recent. Within the last year or two recent.

Other apparel they certainly aren’t bound by regarding merchandise sales. There’s Nike, under armor, and Russell athletic stuff all in the bookstore. Explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Number83 View Post
    At least with the football team IUP has been wearing Nike gear since the 2015 season.

They may have switched to Nike, but that would’ve been fairly recent. Within the last year or two recent.

Other apparel they certainly aren’t bound by regarding merchandise sales. There’s Nike, under armor, and Russell athletic stuff all in the bookstore. Explain that.

Contract is for athletic equipment - not a campuswide contract like Pepsi. Plus technically the bookstore at IUP is a separate entity from the university so they would be exempt. They could sell Coke products in there if they want.

Default IUP Football 2019

Contract is for athletic equipment - not a campuswide contract like Pepsi. Plus technically the bookstore at IUP is a separate entity from the university so they would be exempt. They could sell Coke products in there if they want.

I’m aware of this. It was merely a poor attempt that I made at a rhetorical thought to finish the post.

16. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Even though pretty much everyone hated just about everything from the Lou Tepper era--- those helmets (forget the year) that featured the Hawk head I suppose could have worked out but they needed good unis to complement them. He had some bad jerseys and trousers to go with it at that time. Plus the losing.

-

17. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Sounds like a winner to me!

Get back to the classic look. Stripes on the helmets and the trousers. The old jerseys. The shiny silver helmet instead of the matte grey although it is not that bad.

A change is needed.

-

The lower case iup would be cool again!

19. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

The lower case iup would be cool again!
    No way, dude! That looked truly awful in my opinion. I'm just glad that I was never a student there when they used that one. I like the rat maze thingy. It looks cool.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    No way, dude! That looked truly awful in my opinion. I'm just glad that I was never a student there when they used that one. I like the rat maze thingy. It looks cool.

-
    How about Crim$on Hawk$