Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Still no denying noon games blow.

And, I'm not young or old. They feel like going to church. Or, bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    I just would not want to be driving through the mountains at night.

For me, Going to IUP is a mini vacation. I’ll always arrive on a Friday and depart on Sunday.

It’s just my work schedule isn’t working out with home foosball schedule.
    That's the way to do it though if you can swing it. More of a leisurely visit, you can walk around and take in the area. I still get that nostalgic twinge to this day every time I walk around campus or town.

Quote Originally Posted by Number83 View Post
    Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

I'll be doing my best to get the word out. It's all I can do.

Well, Tort can tell players they can 'look' better in uniforms at another school ... while getting their clocks cleaned by IUP's players in their boring uniforms on the field.

The Countdown to Opening Day has reached 82 days.

At that point, our favorite 'Homer' returns.

And, of course, these lovely summer topics get put to bed for several months:

* QB controversies
    -- Can ADP make a comeback? $tocket was soooo money. Chase ruined the program.

* While every school inflates attendance numbers, IUP actually, allegedly, deflates them.
    -- Secret entrances to Miller Stadium
    -- Freeloaders

* Gannon and Mercyhurst, as a duo, rumored to be headed to The Big Ten. Or, is it the GMAC? Maybe the MEC or GLIAC. NFL?

* Noon kickoff times and no night games
    -- Early Bird dinner specials start at 4 p.m.
    -- Students still in bed ... and don't care

* IUP not officially allowing alcohol at tailgates (per IUP rules) but unofficially allowing it to certain age demographics
    -- Why does the SRU atmosphere (and crowds) blow IUP's out of the water on Fall afternoons?

* Riddle me this, Batman
    -- IUP may be getting a transfer from what may be a D1 program, who may have played in the state of Ohio, who is between 6' and 6'6" tall, who is black but may be white, who might be a DL but could be a WR

* Uniforms

* TONY33's claims Mercyhurst is the national title front-runner -- with (7) Harlon Hill candidates

The summer is a special time on here. It 'ALMOST' makes you miss Homer a bit. Almost.

82 days. 82 days. 82 days.

I'd never miss that clown!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

* QB controversies

* While every school inflates attendance numbers, IUP actually, allegedly, deflates them.
    -- Freeloaders

* Gannon and Mercyhurst, as a duo, rumored to be headed to The Big Ten. Or, is it the GMAC? Maybe the MEC or GLIAC. NFL?

* IUP not officially allowing alcohol at tailgates (per IUP rules) but unofficially allowing it to certain age demographics
    -- Why does the SRU atmosphere (and crowds) blow IUP's out of the water on Fall afternoons?

* Riddle me this, Batman
    -- IUP may be getting a transfer from what may be a D1 program, who may have played in the state of Ohio, who is between 6' and 6'6" tall, who is black but may be white, who might be a DL but could be a WR

* Uniforms

* TONY33's claims Mercyhurst is the national title front-runner -- with (7) Harlon Hill candidates

The summer is a special time on here. It 'ALMOST' makes you miss Homer a bit. Almost.

Classic....

* QB controversies

-- Freeloaders

* Riddle me this, Batman

* Uniforms

Shouldn't there also be a note saying Tort better go 2-0 against Cal and Slippery Rock and win the PSAC or else the mob will be forming?

Quote Originally Posted by hawks16 View Post
    Shouldn't there also be a note saying Tort better go 2-0 against Cal and Slippery Rock and win the PSAC or else the mob will be forming?
    Good point. Technically though, the mob has formed. They are just somewhat lethargic - like honey bees when exposed to smoke. That's because the Angry Mob is taking a wait and see stance for the upcoming season. Official unpublished underground summer 2019 communique indicated that the Angry Mob sees an effort being made to make the team better so they are somewhat placated at this point. Only activity noted around the Flemming St Apartment tool shed - via secret Angry Mob Cam - is the groundhog who lives under the shed. But you're right, anything other than 2-0 vs Cal and the Rock will get the Angry Mob buzzing like a nest full of hornets who just got sprayed with a stream of Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Good point. Technically though, the mob has formed. They are just somewhat lethargic - like honey bees when exposed to smoke. That's because the Angry Mob is taking a wait and see stance for the upcoming season. Official unpublished underground summer 2019 communique indicated that the Angry Mob sees an effort being made to make the team better so they are somewhat placated at this point. Only activity noted around the Flemming St Apartment tool shed - via secret Angry Mob Cam - is the groundhog who lives under the shed. But you're right, anything other than 2-0 vs Cal and the Rock will get the Angry Mob buzzing like a nest full of hornets who just got sprayed with a stream of Raid.
    If the groundhog comes out from under the shed and doesn't see it's shadow, does that mean the angry mob is blocking the sun's rays?

10. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

* QB controversies

-- Freeloaders

* Riddle me this, Batman

* Uniforms

Epic! Or would I be more of a hipster to say LIT AF?

I wonder if Homer will return? Didn't we pretty much pinpoint that his beef was not so much with IUP as it was with Lenny. I think we surmised that Homer's Lenny-hate either stemmed from Lenny stealing his girlfriend or Lenny showed him up on the field.

I get a kick out of Homer. I hope he does come back. At least he gives some flavoring to PSAC/D-II football.

-

11. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    If the groundhog comes out from under the shed and doesn't see it's shadow, does that mean the angry mob is blocking the sun's rays?
    It means (at least) 6 more weeks of silly comments. Take it from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    The ground hog is pretty smart. He isn't about to come out from under the shed when the Angry Mob is assembling.

13. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    The ground hog is pretty smart. He isn't about to come out from under the shed when the Angry Mob is assembling.
    Correct. And the Top Hat act won't work, either.

Here’s an assumption, and hear me out...

Over the last year, whenever Homer has lay dormant, it seems like one poster in particular always brings up his name - an open invitation to begin posting again.

While we all yelled and screamed, one poster - that same poster might I add - continued to claim that he was “good for the board.”

I’m just saying here .... IUPBigIndians...

Are you actually Homer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post

Over the last year, whenever Homer has lay dormant, it seems like one poster in particular always brings up his name - an open invitation to begin posting again.

While we all yelled and screamed, one poster - that same poster might I add - continued to claim that he was “good for the board.”

Are you actually Homer?

I don't think so--their writing styles seem so very different.

Didn't we supposedly id Homer? Initials CV.

Homer is a pretty crazy guy. He makes things fun at least.

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post

Are you actually Homer?

Here's an assumption, and hear me out ...

Are you actually the ghost of Boy George?

I've always found Homer to be entertaining (and, obviously annoying) in that he's the first poster forever to call b.s. on a lot of the IUP football propaganda that's been on this board for a decade. If you haven't noticed, there are members of the IUP Football Cult on here who truly believe IUP has never actually lost -- or, rather, been beaten, in a game in going on 30 years.

And, being that (just guessing) about 80-90 percent of the posters on this board are from IUP, his posts -- while mostly uneducated, misspelled ramblings -- add some much-needed spice to the board.

So, while 95 percent of his posts annoy me, ... about 5 percent do make me laugh a bit.

Here's an assumption, and hear me out ...

Are you actually the ghost of Boy George?

I've always found Homer to be entertaining (and, obviously annoying) in that he's the first poster forever to call b.s. on a lot of the IUP football propaganda that's been on this board for a decade. If you haven't noticed, there are members of the IUP Football Cult on here who truly believe IUP has never actually lost -- or, rather, been beaten, in a game in going on 30 years.

And, being that (just guessing) about 80-90 percent of the posters on this board are from IUP, his posts -- while mostly uneducated, misspelled ramblings -- add some much-needed spice to the board.

So, while 95 percent of his posts annoy me, ... about 5 percent do make me laugh a bit.
    So when did IUP lose ? Sure we were cheated out of a few wins, but IUP was always the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaniup View Post
    So when did IUP lose ? Sure we were cheated out of a few wins, but IUP was always the better team.

Always!!

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Always!!
    You are telling me IUP has ever lost? Lol