Page 41 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    They probably are all posters on here, and the rest are cardboard cutouts or computer generated images.
    Good Stuff

2. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

I'll be doing my best to get the word out. It's all I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Number83 View Post
    Well I, for one, am a new IUP parent (44-49 year old range) of an incoming freshman player who is excited to make the 4 hour journey to all of the home games. I'll even be at some of the away games that are slightly closer (Sorry, Mercyhurst!) than IUP is. Admittedly, the 12:00pm start makes it a little tough to get there for start, but a little easier to get back, especially when it gets colder and darker earlier.

Maybe one of the things they can (again, it costs money) is do is a redesign on the team uniforms. Speaking as someone who just completed the recruiting circuit from Boston, MA to Richmond, VA, IUP uniforms are not the sexiest. They lack, how does my other child put it, "swag". Kind of drab, actually.

Hi and welcome!

Are you planning on staying overnight or toughen it out and drive back home? Myself prefers to avoid paying an extra $130 or so and head back home, and that is what the early start allows me to do.

4. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Hi and welcome!

Are you planning on staying overnight or toughen it out and drive back home? Myself prefers to avoid paying an extra $130 or so and head back home, and that is what the early start allows me to do.
    Thanks!

I'm gonna tough it out to start the season. The few times I've already been to campus for day trips haven't been too bad a drive there and back in a day. We'll see how it goes as the season progresses, lol.

Default IUP Football 2019

Hi and welcome!

There is no way I could do a round trip from Chester County to Indiana in one day. That would be almost 9 hours in the car. Too long of a day. I enjoy staying at the Hilton.

I’m probably not getting to a home game this year. But I should be at the Millersville away game being it’s not far from home.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 06-15-2019 at 06:04 AM.

6. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Time to clown the message board where misleading information is the most comical thing to wake up to.

7. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Another DB in the mix from Robert Morris https://twitter.com/teebee_9/status/...763849731?s=12

Agreed. I've made the one-day round trip from southeastern PA to Indiana and California many times over the past several years and noon starts allow that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Agreed. I've made the one-day round trip from southeastern PA to Indiana and California many times over the past several years and noon starts allow that to happen.
    If you want to go to the game, nothing else matters. I made the eight hour round trip car ride to IUP for a night game, and made it home by 3 am. Never again.

10. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

I fully agree with that. They made changes to them in 2015 after the classic Curt Cignetti reboot edition in 2011. They could look a lot better I think. The trousers particularly look rather stupid with that one stripe or whatever it is. IUP had some great uniform looks in the past. But maybe it is time for a complete makeover ripe for the 21st century. Either go back to the classics or find a rad new look. I'd like to see IUP explore this a little more.

-

Quote Originally Posted by badboyz8 View Post
    Another DB in the mix from Robert Morris https://twitter.com/teebee_9/status/...763849731?s=12
    Looking at his college and high school highlights he looks pretty physical, like someone that could compete for the "Star" position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    If you want to go to the game, nothing else matters. I made the eight hour round trip car ride to IUP for a night game, and made it home by 3 am. Never again.
    I have done this type of thing way more time than I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    There is no way I could do a round trip from Chester County to Indiana in one day. That would be almost 9 hours in the car. Too long of a day. I enjoy staying at the Hilton.

I’m probably not getting to a home game this year. But I should be at the Millersville away game being it’s not far from home.
    If I can get on the road by 8pm I can make it home without too many issues. I may attend that Millersville game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    I have done this type of thing way more time than I can remember.
    Back in my younger days I could do it often...but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I fully agree with that. They made changes to them in 2015 after the classic Curt Cignetti reboot edition in 2011. They could look a lot better I think. The trousers particularly look rather stupid with that one stripe or whatever it is. IUP had some great uniform looks in the past. But maybe it is time for a complete makeover ripe for the 21st century. Either go back to the classics or find a rad new look. I'd like to see IUP explore this a little more.

-

It’s tough to make sweeping uniform changes when a team has held to a “classic” look for so long. But I’ll agree, this version of the uniform is rather blah.

I like the new age logo that the athletics department has adopted. The sort of pointed and slanted IUP logo. It’s a modern look. They could do more with the unis though.

I liked the uniforms from the Curt era. The shiny gray/sliver pants with the three stripes down the side was neat. I liked that.

I’m not sure who their apparel contract is with, but it would be nice to see what concepts they could come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it in my early and mid 50s. By season's end, those day trips really were catching up to me. Now one of the boys can drive me around and I can sleep.

Yes. Definitely gets harder with age.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I did it in my early and mid 50s. By season's end, those day trips really were catching up to me. Now one of the boys can drive me around and I can sleep.
    That's living right

If I can get on the road by 8pm I can make it home without too many issues. I may attend that Millersville game as well.

I just would not want to be driving through the mountains at night.

For me, Going to IUP is a mini vacation. I’ll always arrive on a Friday and depart on Sunday.

It’s just my work schedule isn’t working out with home foosball schedule.

20. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Yes. Definitely gets harder with age.
    My mind tells me I'm 25 then my body says 'sorry, groundhog, you're not 25 anymore- not even close'.