Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: IUP Football 2019

Contribute to D2

Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by IUPNation View Post
    Remember back in 2006 when you ragged on IUP for not playing the 11th game as they watched two 3 loss NE10 teams get in ahead of them when we only had 2 losses. You kept saying we should have played that 11th game like it was life of death.
    Yes, and unlike you, I remember the details as to why an 11th game would have benefited IUP that season.

Quote Originally Posted by Horror Child View Post
    Yes, and unlike you, I remember the details as to why an 11th game would have benefited IUP that season.
    So long as the 11th game is optional ... this topic will go on and on and on and on and on.

About the only way you can guarantee a playoff spot is to have 0 losses or 1 loss. Get to two losses and you're playing roulette at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuff View Post
    BallHawkin,

I've always thought the redshirt kid was maybe more talented. I kinda understand the rationale in allowing Davis to be last year's backup, he did come from a high profile program. Spring practice should be interesting. I just hope they don't crush both of their hearts by bringing in some D-1 transfer during the summer and practically give the transfer the job to lose.
    That's the peril of college football at levels. In most cases the current roster player has to be better than the transfer because as good as is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPMonk View Post
    That's the peril of college football at levels. In most cases the current roster player has to be better than the transfer because as good as is not good enough.
    In the eyes of a transfer QB looking at the IUP situation ... they wouldn't come here unless they were pretty sure they'd beat out the two freshmen.

Of course, Tort could just be referring to a bus rider type to fill out the roster and carry a clipboard.

This goes back quite aways for the younger crowd but if a Paul Faila-type fell out of the sky ... I think you take him.

Quote Originally Posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    In the eyes of a transfer QB looking at the IUP situation ... they wouldn't come here unless they were pretty sure they'd beat out the two freshmen.

Of course, Tort could just be referring to a bus rider type to fill out the roster and carry a clipboard.

This goes back quite aways for the younger crowd but if a Paul Faila-type fell out of the sky ... I think you take him.
    I have no issue with IUP bringing in a D-1 transfer. What I am trying to say is that you currently have 2 QBs that went through the Fall Camp, this 2018 season, and then 2019 Spring Camp. So they paid their dues on this team. But at the start of the Fall Camp you bring in this transfer and you are giving him getting most of 1st team reps on Day One, that's what I am talking about. Make the transfer(s) work their way from the bottom. Sticking transfers in the starting spot from the beginning of camp could affect the dynamics of the locker room.

I have no issue with IUP bringing in a D-1 transfer. What I am trying to say is that you currently have 2 QBs that went through the Fall Camp, this 2018 season, and then 2019 Spring Camp. So they paid their dues on this team. But at the start of the Fall Camp you bring in this transfer and you are giving him getting most of 1st team reps on Day One, that's what I am talking about. Make the transfer(s) work their way from the bottom. Sticking transfers in the starting spot from the beginning of camp could affect the dynamics of the locker room.
    You think Max Redfield started on the scout team at IUP? It all depends who he is.

You think Max Redfield started on the scout team at IUP? It all depends who he is.
    I believe the Scout Team is determine at the end of the Fall Camp, so no, I don't believe after performing during camp he was placed on the Scout Team. Hopefully they did start him on 2nd or 3rd team right at the beginning of the Fall Camp, then work his way up...which probably was quickly. Just asking that make it look legit. I don't believe that is asking too much.

I believe the Scout Team is determine at the end of the Fall Camp, so no, I don't believe after performing during camp he was placed on the Scout Team. Hopefully they did start him on 2nd or 3rd team right at the beginning of the Fall Camp, then work his way up...which probably was quickly. Just asking that make it look legit. I don't believe that is asking too much.
    I've always beleived by the end of fall camp the players pick the starting lineup -- whether they know it or not.

I've always beleived by the end of fall camp the players pick the starting lineup -- whether they know it or not.
    Perhaps

Should we give them a trophy too? Best players play. Period.

If you bring in a legitimate talent at QB he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't work that way. The receiver that transferred from Pitt a couple years ago didn't show up until a week or two into camp and he was with the 1's from the time he got there. THAT is how it works. jus sayin

Nazir Streater is the newest member of the Hawks ........ https://liupostpioneers.com/roster.a...&path=football Have at it. jus sayin

13. Default Re: IUP Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawkin View Post
    Nazir Streater is the newest member of the Hawks ........ https://liupostpioneers.com/roster.a...&path=football Have at it. jus sayin
    Sounds like a get. All NE-10. 7 INTs. Thanks for the update. Just sayin'

-

Quote Originally Posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Sounds like a get. All NE-10. 7 INTs. Thanks for the update. Just sayin'

-
    Two years here, too.

Quote Originally Posted by IUP24 View Post
    Should we give them a trophy too? Best players play. Period.

If you bring in a legitimate talent at QB he plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, I am not saying any newly transfer player SHOULD NOT play. I am saying just don't immediately stick them ahead of guys that's been here at the start of camp! Make people earn the start/playing time.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-25-2019 at 11:26 PM.

Doesn't work that way. The receiver that transferred from Pitt a couple years ago didn't show up until a week or two into camp and he was with the 1's from the time he got there. THAT is how it works. jus sayin
    And this could have played a part in why 3 WRs decided to leave IUP at the season end.
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 01-25-2019 at 10:57 PM.

A pretty good addition to IUP. I am wondering why he's chose to transfer to IUP vice staying at LIU-Post for opportunity to play at the FCS level. Could be that bottom-line cost to continue his education there, who knows. Anyways, a pretty good addition to IUP.

Mekhi Lang WR/DB from Archbishop Ryan ( https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9950928...026619b85ececd ) has committed to IUP, via his twitter account.

Again, I am not saying any newly transfer player SHOULD NOT play. I am saying just don't immediately stick them ahead of guys that's been here at the start of camp! Make people earn the start/playing time.
    It depends on the transfer. A lot of these game-changing transfers arrive with a body of work that says they are better than the other players who are already on the team. That's why we get transfers, especially "D1 transfers." IUP has thrived on these types of acquisitions for a long time. SRU did last year. Cal is in that category, as well. But not all transfers just walk into a starting role. As an example, there is no point in making Max Redfield "earn it." I think we are really breaking this down to a basic level but in the end better is better.

Quote Originally Posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    It depends on the transfer. A lot of these game-changing transfers arrive with a body of work that says they are better than the other players who are already on the team. That's why we get transfers, especially "D1 transfers." IUP has thrived on these types of acquisitions for a long time. SRU did last year. Cal is in that category, as well. But not all transfers just walk into a starting role. As an example, there is no point in making Max Redfield "earn it." I think we are really breaking this down to a basic level but in the end better is better.
    SRU doesn't take transfers. SRU is above transfers. SRU looks down upon those who take transfers. Or, so I heard from somewhere.

Times sure change.

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast